PDA

View Full Version : "Worst" of Alice Cooper

Mr. Vengeance
08-18-2006, 11:15 PM
I continue the worst of threads with another of my absolute faves, Alice!!! There are no albums I passionately hate, but the one I always find dreadful is Dada. It does have Alice patented great lyrics and sense of humour, but the music truly does stink a lot of the time. Synthesizers and drum machines???? This was not Alice. There are some nice moments, like Enough's Enough and I Love America, but overall it's my least favorite.

Mr Badguy
08-19-2006, 07:17 AM
"Hey stoopid"

There are far too many "guest appearances" on that record that it takes away from the music plus it has a really shitty production.

He got away with it on "Trash" because it had some great songs.

It says a lot for an album when the song everyone remembers is dumb cornball shit like "Feed my Frankenstein".

Shaun Ponsonby
08-19-2006, 10:06 AM
I'm with Badguy..."Hey Stoopid" was a bit "stoopid".

PumpedUpMidget
08-19-2006, 10:09 AM
I like pretty much anything Alice puts out, but 'Stoopid' was just that

blueturk
08-19-2006, 12:08 PM
As some members of this site may already know, I don't care much for anything Cooper did after the original band split up. That said, "I Never Cry" and "You And Me" are totally worthless. Muzak for housewives....

mako_kimura
08-20-2006, 04:53 PM
I honestly hate The Last Temptation to DEATH. Fuck Stolen Prayer and Love's A Loaded Gun

ELVIS
08-20-2006, 05:34 PM
First time I clicked on a "Worst Of" thread...

What album has "Poison" on it ??

Mr. Vengeance
08-20-2006, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
First time I clicked on a "Worst Of" thread...

What album has "Poison" on it ??

Trash

ELVIS
08-20-2006, 07:49 PM
Yeah...

That crap sucks...

Tiki-Tom
08-20-2006, 08:13 PM
The old "Freak Out" record, it's live from 1969. I got it in the cutout section way back in the day for a buck fifty and i quickly found out why it was there. it's pure shit. I thought that it was going to be a cool find from alice in the old days. man was I wrong!

Mr. Vengeance
08-20-2006, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Tiki-Tom
The old "Freak Out" record, it's live from 1969. I got it in the cutout section way back in the day for a buck fifty and i quickly found out why it was there. it's pure shit. I thought that it was going to be a cool find from alice in the old days. man was I wrong!

A lot of people absolutely LOVE that era of the old Alice Cooper band. My guess is Blueturk does. I like it. It's so Zappa-esque, which makes sense since Zappa more or less discovered them. That Freak Out release has been released under about a thousand other names over the years. It's pretty bad recording, admittedly.

blueturk
08-20-2006, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
A lot of people absolutely LOVE that era of the old Alice Cooper band. My guess is Blueturk does. I like it. It's so Zappa-esque, which makes sense since Zappa more or less discovered them. That Freak Out release has been released under about a thousand other names over the years. It's pretty bad recording, admittedly.

That's a bootleg from the The Toronto Rock and Roll Revival, September 13,1969. Jim Morrison liked the band and got them on the bill (or so the story goes). They played a glacial version of "Don't Blow Your Mind" (their regional Arizona hit) aand some songs from "Pretties For You". "Just Like A Woman" & Going To The River" aren't by the band.I regard it as an interesting historical artifact of the band, but it does sound like shit. I agree that it sounds like Zappa somewhat, but the album"Pretties For You" sounds like Zappa even more. BTW, there's a D.A. Pennebaker film of this show somewhere, but good luck finding a copy!

Tiki-Tom
08-20-2006, 11:15 PM
I love that old era too. "Freak Out" is just an awful representation of it.

Seshmeister
08-21-2006, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
Trash

People remember Poison with the 'brilliant' backing vocal of 'and pins!' but there is some true fucking garbage on this album like a ballad duet with Bon Jovi 'Hell Is Living Without You'.

Horrendous.

binnie
08-21-2006, 05:53 AM
Trash.

Nuff said....

Shaun Ponsonby
08-21-2006, 12:48 PM
I was gonna say trash as well, but I decided to bear in mind that Alice said that Alice Cooper wouldn't be here today if Trash wasn't the big hit it was (or something along those lines).

diamondD
08-22-2006, 11:20 AM
I think The Alice Cooper Show live album was the last one I bought. I never heard another track that caught my ear after that.