X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rothandroll1983
    Roth Army Recruit
    • Aug 2006

why the hell not?????

im going to make this one short and sweet ok......

Q : WHY THE FUCK WONT EDDIE VAN HALEN BRING OUT A SOLO ALBUM?

1 he is pissed off at fans for loving DLR more than BDT (bridge drone troll Sammy Hagar) and wants revenge

OR

2 he is too old and cant play as fast as he used to

OR

3 is just so fucking over being Eddie Van Halen

OR

he thinks that all the vh albums are enough

ok evh worshipers that is all i cant think of off the top of my head
    pls give me more possible reasons why he wont give us a long awaited solo album and then we will start a patiton....then a protest.......then a riot then a war until he gives us what we all want

if eddie doesnt comply we will kidnap sammy hagar as randsom
  • Bob_R
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

He did make a solo album it was called Van Halen III.
    Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

C'mon!

You all hear Edward!

He has enough material for 100 albums already!

But it's hard to put out a solo album when you are probably trashed all the time...

and when studio execs are telling you noone will buy it...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Ice Cream Girl
        Roadie
        • Apr 2006

Originally posted by EVH FANATIC
        He did make a solo album it was called Van Halen III.
        Oh SNAP!
        The first time I ever heard any Extreme song was yesterday, and I asked my brother, "Jesus Christ, didn't Eddie listen to that piece of shit before he called Gary Cherone for an audition?"

Comment

• sadaist
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jul 2004

He's just done being Eddie Van Halen. Sad. The last show from the 2004 tour, he smashed his guitar and yelled it's over, that's it. He realized no one wants to hear from him unless it's with Dave, and he just hates Dave too much to do it. To him it would be giving in. He would swallow too much pride.

It came to a head in 1996 with the firing of Hagar, 2 new songs and the MTV awards. He gave everyone a taste of what could & should be, then pulled the rug out from under us and insulted us with VH III. His attitude to the fans was I'm Eddie Fucking Van Halen, love it or leave it. So, we left it.
          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Fat Wolfie
            Roadie
            • Dec 2004

He doesn't have any need to, you see. We got money, plenty of them, we got a nice house, dad has all he'd wish for, he can enjoy the pleasure of playing when and where he feels to. He doesn't owe you, the fans, anything. You are zeros.

I am working on my solo album, btw. It will be a tonal research on dropping my guts.
            Last edited by Fat Wolfie; 08-20-2006, 03:01 PM.
            http://images.usatoday.com/life/_pho...07/11/imus.jpg

Buy your "Nappy-Headed Ho's" a Colt 45 and a Gorilla to mate with

Comment

• bantonelli
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Fat Wolfie
              He doesn't have any need to, you see. We got money, plenty of them, we got a nice house, dad has all he'd wish for, he can enjoy the pleasure of playing when and where he feels to. He doesn't owe you, the fans, anything. You are zeros.

I am working on my solo album, btw. It will be a tonal research on dropping my guts.
              Everything on you, Fat Wolfie is already gravity-ridden. Hang it up....better yet, let it fall.

Dont' know what your Dad was thinking when he decided to go "Soft Rock" on everyone with both Cherone and Burger-Boy Spam.

If we wanted "Soft Rock", you go listen to Billy Joel...maybe Ed should get together with Billy..they both have "Smoking Loon type substances" in common. Good thing for Ed, he doesn't seem to drink and drive, whereas I can't keep track how many Mercedes Benz Billy has wrecked?
              "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• Fat Wolfie
                Roadie
                • Dec 2004

Originally posted by bantonelli

If we wanted "Soft Rock", you go listen to Billy Joel...maybe Ed should get together with Billy..they both have "Smoking Loon type substances" in common. Good thing for Ed, he doesn't seem to drink and drive, whereas I can't keep track how many Mercedes Benz Billy has wrecked?
                My father is an artist and has full control over his musical direction. You don't go bug Picasso and whine his new picture doesn't look like Guernica.

Comment

• binnie
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • May 2006

Would anyone want a VH solo album?

An hour of aimless guitar-wank, no thanks.

I always like Eddie playing because he injected his playing into songs, which means that he would need a singer...

Anyone else see where I am going with this?
                  The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Fat Wolfie
                    Roadie
                    • Dec 2004

Originally posted by binnie
                    Would anyone want a VH solo album?

An hour of aimless guitar-wank, no thanks.

I always like Eddie playing because he injected his playing into songs, which means that he would need a singer...

Anyone else see where I am going with this?
                    An hour of aimless guitar-wank would get a lot of attention nonetheless. Steve Vai has been doing that, riding the gravy train since he released Flex-able, putting a shitty album after another. Maybe there is not your interest, but many would jump at the stores to hear Van Halen play his guitar. After all, he changed how the instrument is perceived.

If you heard the last two songs with Spammy you know it's better nothing than crap. It's not a good idea to embarass your career like that again, just for making a bandmate happy.

Eddie, Al and Mike have said many times they can't work out their relationship with Dave enough to make a record. Hear what the Radio people at CBS say about their trip with Roth. "Impossible to work with" was the most polite I heard.

Comment

• binnie
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2006

Originally posted by Fat Wolfie

If you heard the last two songs with Spammy you know it's better nothing than crap.
                      Pains me to admit it, but whenenver I hear those tunes, I think you may be right.

Perhaps too much time has passed to bring back the old magic.

But, if they could worked it out with Roth, I believe it could....

Comment

• Terry
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

How the fuck is Ed gonna record a solo album when he can't even put out ANYTHING with Van Halen (much less anything decent)?

What would be the purpose? 45 minutes of "wheedly-wee"?

If the guy had some phenominal instrumental ideas, that might be one thing, but the dude is just plain tired, I think. Wife's left him, band is pretty much kaput, part of his tongue is gone (along with all of his former good looks) and he's basically a drunk.

Fleecing the sheep in 2004 put some money in his bank account, so now all he has to do is coast along and slap his name and designs onto various effects pedals and guitars to cover his beer tab. He's got no fire because he's got no incentive.

Fuckin' shame it ended up this way for him, but what-the-fuck-ever. If he pulls his head out of his ass and gives Dave a ring, great. If not, that's fine, too. Dave'll keep bringing it, live.
                        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• franksters
                          Veteran
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                          He's just done being Eddie Van Halen. Sad. The last show from the 2004 tour, he smashed his guitar and yelled it's over, that's it. He realized no one wants to hear from him unless it's with Dave, and he just hates Dave too much to do it. To him it would be giving in. He would swallow too much pride.

It came to a head in 1996 with the firing of Hagar, 2 new songs and the MTV awards. He gave everyone a taste of what could & should be, then pulled the rug out from under us and insulted us with VH III. His attitude to the fans was I'm Eddie Fucking Van Halen, love it or leave it. So, we left it.

Now, that is the perfect answer.
                          SUMMER'S JUST
                          AROUND
                          THE CORNER!

[IMG]
                          http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...rs/2wbthcw.jpg

Comment

• Plexi Head
                            Head Fluffer
                            • May 2005

Originally posted by Ice Cream Girl
                            Oh SNAP!
                            The first time I ever heard any Extreme song was yesterday, and I asked my brother, "Jesus Christ, didn't Eddie listen to that piece of shit before he called Gary Cherone for an audition?"
                            They had some great songs and kicked ass live.
                            "One mouthful of you will rot every tooth in my mouth you little sugar"

Comment

• binnie
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • May 2006

Nuno Bettencourt was an awesome player, but Gary Cherone's voice sucked all the power out of the band.

They just weren't baddasses....

Comment

Working...