PDA

View Full Version : Chimpy Says To Withdraw From Iraq Now Would Be "A Disaster".

Hardrock69
08-21-2006, 02:14 PM
Fucking dumbass still does not seem to comprehend that going INTO Iraq was (and still is) a disaster!
:rolleyes:

by Olivier Knox 1 hour, 21 minutes ago

WASHINGTON (AFP) - US
President George W. Bush has said he was worried that
Iraq might slip into civil war but forcefully rejected calls for an immediate US withdrawal, saying that would be a "disaster."

At a hastily arranged press conference Monday, Bush also flatly denied that the US-led invasion had stirred up a "hornets' nest" in the Middle East but said the US death toll in Iraq was "straining the psyche of our country."

"I hear a lot of talk about civil war. I'm concerned about that, of course," said Bush.

*HR NOTE: He is only concerned that we might lose what control we have of Iraqi oil fields. He dows not give a fuck about anything else.*

The president signalled that the bulk of US forces would remain until his term ends in January 2009 or until Iraq's government was stable and self-reliant.

"We're not leaving so long as I'm the president. That would be a huge mistake," said the president, whose job approval ratings have sunk partly because of the unpopular war.

"Leaving before the job is done would be a disaster," he added.

*HR Note: If the Iraqi Government TELLS CHIMPY TO GET THE FUCK OUT, then our troops will be leaving long before his residency (yes I spelled it correctly) is over.*

With the US death toll near 2,600 and sectarian violence tearing at Baghdad more than three years after the March 2003 US-led invasion to oust
Saddam Hussein, Bush acknowledged frustration with the situation in Iraq.

"Sometimes I'm frustrated. Rarely surprised. Sometimes I'm happy, you know. But war is not a time of joy. These aren't joyous times. These are challenging times, and they're difficult times, and they're straining the psyche of our country. I understand that," said Bush.

Democratic Senator
John Kerry, Bush's 2004 rival for the White House, quickly fired back: "The American psyche isnt the problem. The problem is this administrations disastrous Iraq policy."

"We must change course in Iraq. We need to set a date to force Iraqis to stand up for Iraq," Kerry said in a statement that called for a US redeployment out of Iraq.

With many in his Republican party worried that the war could cost them their narrow majorities in the Senate and House of Representatives in coming elections, Bush attacked opposition Democrats who have called for a timetable for a US withdrawal.

"You know, it's an interesting debate we're having in America about how we ought to handle Iraq. There's a lot of people -- good, decent people -- saying: Withdraw now. They're absolutely wrong," he said.

"A failed Iraq would make America less secure," said Bush. "A failed Iraq in the heart of the Middle East will provide safe haven for terrorists and extremists."

The president forcefully rejected the suggestion that such concerns did not exist before US-led forces toppled Saddam.

"You know, I've heard this theory about, you know, everything was just fine until we arrived and -- you know, the stir-up-the-hornet's-nest theory. It just doesn't hold water, as far as I'm concerned," he said.

"Imagine a world in which Saddam Hussein was there, stirring up even more trouble in a part of the world that had so much resentment and so much hatred that people came and killed 3,000 of our citizens," he said, in a reference to the September 11, 2001 terrorist strikes.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060821/wl_mideast_afp/iraqunrestusbush_060821161513

Nickdfresh
08-21-2006, 02:45 PM
It's not a disaster yet. Stay the course, don't cut and run.

Little Texan
08-21-2006, 02:55 PM
Yes, the whole Iraq debacle has been a disaster, and so has Bush's presidency! Before we went into Iraq, although they had a brutal dictator in Saddam Hussein, the country was stable, and didn't have a problem with terrorists. Now, we've gone in, destabilized the country, and a country that didn't have a problem with terrorists before is now swarming with them...we created a terrorist problem in Iraq! Great going, Bush, you dipshit!

Hardrock69
08-21-2006, 03:06 PM
Oh I agree it would fuck everything up if we left right now.

But of course I find fault with anything that idiot says or does.

:D

Warham
08-21-2006, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Little Texan
Yes, the whole Iraq debacle has been a disaster, and so has Bush's presidency! Before we went into Iraq, although they had a brutal dictator in Saddam Hussein, the country was stable, and didn't have a problem with terrorists. Now, we've gone in, destabilized the country, and a country that didn't have a problem with terrorists before is now swarming with them...we created a terrorist problem in Iraq! Great going, Bush, you dipshit!

Unbelievable.

I can't believe I'm reading this crap.

FORD
08-21-2006, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Warham
Unbelievable.

Crap? It's an accurate summary of what happenned, so what's the problem?

BTW, Warpig, the guy who wrote that voted for Chimp in 2000. Though he probably doesn't admit it in public now. ;)

Warham
08-21-2006, 04:19 PM
Why would Iraq have a problem with terrorists prior to 2003 when a terrorist was running the country?

Of course he had no problem with terrorism on his own turf. He was paying $25k to anybody willing to blow up a few Israelis over in Israel. Now that the cash cow is off the throne, the terrorists figure they might as well meet Allah on their home turf instead of making the mecca to the Holy Land.

FORD
08-21-2006, 05:08 PM
Saddam wasn't a terrorist, and he certainly was no Islamic fundamentalist. Just your run of the mill Stalin wannabe secularist dictator. But, like his Soviet role models, he kept the trains running on time, the electricity running, and the Sunni's and Shiite's away from each other. A great success, at least from an outsider's perspective.

Nickdfresh
08-21-2006, 05:18 PM
Saddam was a state terrorist. BTW, a lot of Americans never have problems with those when they don't involve oil or Israel.

Baby's On Fire
08-21-2006, 08:00 PM
Why would Iraq have a problem with terrorists prior to 2003 when a terrorist was running the country?

Of course he had no problem with terrorism on his own turf. He was paying $25k to anybody willing to blow up a few Israelis over in Israel. Now that the cash cow is off the throne, the terrorists figure they might as well meet Allah on their home turf instead of making the mecca to the Holy Land.

Fuck Israel. Saddam Hussein was not a terrorist threat to the USA.

LoungeMachine
08-21-2006, 09:32 PM
Unbelievable.

Now you know how we feel every time you post.

:gulp:

LoungeMachine
08-21-2006, 09:33 PM

. He was paying $25k to anybody willing to blow up a few Israelis over in Israel.

Funny, so were the Saudis.

When do we invade and occupy them?

frets5150
08-21-2006, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69 "Imagine a world in which Saddam Hussein was there, stirring up even more trouble in a part of the world that had so much resentment and so much hatred that people came and killed 3,000 of our citizens," he said, in a reference to the September 11, 2001 terrorist strikes.

What a Fuckin delusional Asshole

:mad:

Nitro Express
08-21-2006, 09:52 PM
The Middle East is alway full of bad guys. Hell, Saddam Hussain was an US allie. We should have let him roll Saudi Arabia because all he wanted was the oil money. Saddam could stomp insurgency and keep Iran at bay. He was usuful.

Now he's out of power and all we did by taking him out of power was to stir up a hornet's nest of terrorism. Even the terrorists feared Saddam. I say we give him a huge amount of Dorritos to say were sorry, put him back into power and leave. LOL!

blueturk
08-21-2006, 10:07 PM
From NPR, a quote that didn't appear in Nitro's post. Fucking unbelievable.

"President Bush was then asked what Iraq had to do with the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.

"Nothing," the president said. He paused before continuing, "Nobody has ever suggested in this administration that Saddam Hussein ordered the attack. Iraq was a… the lesson of Sept. 11 is, take threats before they fully materialize.""

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5685253

Hardrock69
08-21-2006, 11:35 PM
In other words, invade a country because they MIGHT do something?

That is what Hitler did in 1939!!
http://instapunk.com/images/bush_hitler02.jpg

LoungeMachine
08-22-2006, 01:43 AM
Once again, a perfect opportunity for one of our resident ditto-heads to step up and clearly state once and for all EXACTLY what would constitute a "victory" in Iraq at this point.

Who should be the last man to die for a mistake?

Warham
08-22-2006, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by Baby's On Fire
Fuck Israel. Saddam Hussein was not a terrorist threat to the USA.

Really?

What would have separated him, from say, Osama bin Laden? A few million dollars maybe?

Nickdfresh
08-22-2006, 01:29 PM
Really?

What would have separated him, from say, Osama bin Laden? A few million dollars maybe?

:rolleyes:

LoungeMachine
08-22-2006, 01:35 PM
Really?

WTF is up with you lately?

At least you used to be somewhat intelligent.

Stop listening to so much Rush, it's rotting your brain.