• Show
Clear All
  • Ally_Kat
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Listen to this friggen Cuntbag

New Orleans Mayor Takes Swipe At NYC

NEW YORK, Aug. 24, 2006

(CBS) Confronted by accusations that he’s taking too long to clean up his city after Hurricane Katrina, New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin defended himself by remarking on New York City’s failure to rebuild Ground Zero.

Nagin made the remarks in an interview conducted by CBS News National Correspondent Byron Pitts which will be broadcast on 60 Minutes, Sunday, Aug. 27, at 7 p.m. EDT.

On a tour of the decimated Ninth Ward, Nagin tells Pitts the city has removed most of the debris from public property and it’s mainly private land that’s still affected – areas that can’t be cleaned without the owners' permission. But when Pitts points to flood-damaged cars in the street and a house washed partially into the street, the mayor shoots back. "That’s alright. You guys in New York can’t get a hole in the ground fixed and it’s five years later. So let’s be fair."

Nagin is confident New Orleans will be whole again and will even be able to withstand another hurricane of Katrina strength, pointing out that taller and stronger levees are being built. It will take time.

"We’re into a five-to-seven-year build cycle … . At the end of the day, I see the city being totally rebuilt. I see us eliminating blight, still being culturally unique," Nagin says.

One example of new development Nagin points to is a 68-story Trump Towers condominium complex, a project that makes some critics wary that New Orleans will lose the heritage that made it unique.

"I think you are looking at basically a town that will be a playground for the rich for the next 40 years," Leonard Moore, a professor of African-American history at Louisiana State University, tells Pitts. "I look at the post-Katrina piece as a game of musical chairs….Once the music gets turned off, the white folks have a place to sit down, a place to sleep, a place for their children to go to school. We’re going back to a trailer."

Nagin says he is looking out for the poor, mostly black, residents who are dispersed all over the country, some of whom are waiting to return to the city.

"What I do have a problem with is some entrenched interests that are looking and salivating over certain sections of the city," Nagin says.

The mayor says these interests want him to keep those poor people from coming back so they can get rich developing the land.

"I don’t think that’s right," Nagin says.

But before any rebuilding can take place, the clean-up and restoration of the city’s infrastructure must be complete and it will be Mayor Nagin, recently re-elected, who leads the efforts.

"Should things have happened quicker? Yes. But everyone has their own style of leadership, and right now our political leader, our political father is Ray Nagin," says Oliver Thomas, New Orleans City Council president.

"So for the next four years, we’re going to sink or swim with him," Thomas tells Pitts.
    Roth Army Militia
  • Ally_Kat
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Is he mental? What fucking hole in the ground? It's been cleaned out, was a construction site for a year, and is now currently a huge train terminal (as there were many trains both MTA and PATH under the Towers).

The only thing left unbuilt on is the footprints.

What hole in the ground?

Has he even been here recently? Has he seen it? Or is he talking out of his ass?
    Roth Army Militia

Comment

• LoungeMachine
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jul 2004

Yes.

Nagin is a Cuntbag.

I have no argument there.

However, having said that......I can practically smell his frustration from here.

Hezbollah has already started to REBUILD houses in Lebanon.

The residents of N.O. got screwed by this administration.

And FEMA didn't even buy 'em dinner first.
      Originally posted by Kristy
      Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
      Originally posted by cadaverdog
      I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Ally_Kat
        Is he mental? What fucking hole in the ground? It's been cleaned out, was a construction site for a year, and is now currently a huge train terminal (as there were many trains both MTA and PATH under the Towers).

The only thing left unbuilt on is the footprints.

What hole in the ground?

Has he even been here recently? Has he seen it? Or is he talking out of his ass?

All that ever gets reported in the Whore Media is all the (ridiculous) tower design plans and such, so I could excuse Nagin for not knowing about the train terminals or anything else being reconstructed there.

That is, I could if he wasn't the mayor of a large city. Because I'm pretty sure that Mayors have these conferences where they get together at least once a year, and therefore, he's probably talked to Mikey Bloomberg more than once.
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I hope the title to this thread has been edited.

I would hate to think that Alley would use such language.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister

friggen??
            Originally posted by Kristy
            Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
            Originally posted by cadaverdog
            I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

The guy has foot-in-mouth disease. There's no doubt about that.

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2004

And what about this chocolate city he keeps having wet dreams about? If he keeps this corruption up, then he is gonna wind up in prison where he can get all the chocolate he wants, but the inmates will fight over his.

Comment

• Ellyllions
                  Veteran
                  • Mar 2006

Nagin's words fall on deaf ears with me. It's always blame someone else but get in front of that camera every chance you get. He IS New Orleans as far as he's concerned.

And the fact that New Orleans re-elected him.....oh well. Sorry for the state your in but you re-elected him. Have fun. I'm glad I don't live there.
                  "If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace." - Hamilton Fish

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

They actually re-elected him? Unreal.

Well, I guess nothing should surprise me anymore after we re-elected Bush.
                    ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                    Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• EAT MY ASSHOLE
                      Veteran
                      • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
                      They actually re-elected him? Unreal.

Well, I guess nothing should surprise me anymore after we re-elected Bush.
                      What do you mean "we", white man?
                      RIM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Ally_Kat
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                        friggen??

Friggen is how I saw freaking. I spelt it how it sounds with my lil accent.
                        And I say cunt all the friggen time around the house.

Actually, a certain person who is causing drama in my tribe is lovingly referred to as Cuntfag, which I think is cooler than cuntbag (but that's just me).
                        Roth Army Militia

Comment

• EAT MY ASSHOLE
                          Veteran
                          • Feb 2006

BTW, ever since his re-election, Nagin has been largely ABSENT from public view in Nawlins. One of the writers for the Picquayne has actually taken him to task about his disappearring act. So sure enough, he tries to do a little PR, and immediately makes a moron of himself.

The man had a nervous breakdown one year ago. I sympathize, but he has no biz in public office...
                          RIM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Ally_Kat
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

Obviously there's a lot to do with federal aid, but I haven't seen anything with him demanding the LA gov or the the local senators to join forces and help him get the gov't attention. I mean, isn't that one of the things he should be doing if they are the ones dicking him around?

Methinks it's a two way street of both sides dragging their feet.
                            Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                              • Dec 2003

They better hope that storm heading towards the Gulf doesn't head their way....

Building N.O. is such a touchy issue...

Why rebuild a city located below sea level ??

Do they honestly believe those levees will prevent future flooding ??

Are American taxpayers obligated to pay for rebuilding the city with their taxdollars ??

I don't have the answers to those questions, just posing them....
                              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Working...