PDA

View Full Version : Bands Who Have Taken Their Fans for Granted

Tiki-Tom
08-25-2006, 11:29 PM
Quote from Mr. DICKinson

"We have no interest in hitting dozens of cities in America, because let's be honest — there probably aren't enough IRON MAIDEN fans to justify an extensive tour on the scale we like to play," Dickinson said. "Do we think IRON MAIDEN could sell out a 20,000-seat arena in Iowa? Probably not. So we'll do these big shows on our terms indoors and then see what happens with the record."

Having just forked out 23 AMERICAN bucks, this pisses me off! I can understand economics, but what the fuck makes him think he must sell out 20K seaters. He USED to be that good, but the days of Powerslave are gone. And he didn't have to be such a cunt about it. He could've just said it isn't feasible. Instead, he may as well have just told all of us to fuck right off! It isn't like his band couldn't afford to promote the new release properly. They need to re-earn that privilege in the States, and this is clearly not the way to do it.
I can't wait for the re-re-re-re-issues:mad:
Oh, and the next live album!

Has one of your faves ever pissed any of you off? I can think of at least one that's probably on everyone's list.

Panamark
08-25-2006, 11:54 PM
(CAPTAIN OBVIOUS WARNING !!!!)

Van Halen.

Coyote
08-25-2006, 11:56 PM
Guns'n'Roses?

Tiki-Tom
08-26-2006, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Tiki-Tom

Has one of your faves ever pissed any of you off? I can think of at least one that's probably on everyone's list.

Originally posted by Panamark
(CAPTAIN OBVIOUS WARNING !!!!)

Van Halen.

You got it. Man, that was fast!

Panamark
08-26-2006, 12:12 AM
Axl (Guns &) Rose is another good choice...

MERRYKISSMASS2U
08-26-2006, 12:12 AM
Queensryche treats their fans like royalty.

Don Corleone
08-26-2006, 08:30 AM
Metallica. Who else sues to stop their own fans getting music.

Shaun Ponsonby
08-26-2006, 09:59 AM
Personally, I can't get over the fact that Jim Morrison was sellfish enough to die.

THAT CUNT.

Soul Reaper
08-26-2006, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
Personally, I can't get over the fact that Jim Morrison was sellfish enough to die.

THAT CUNT.

some people are so inconsiderate....:)

------------------------------------------------------

Pink Floyd are another band who take their fans for granted....they just don't stop arguing....

Shaun Ponsonby
08-26-2006, 10:54 AM
Apart from now, they seem to be happy in each other's company again.

But, Gilmour doesn't want to do a Floyd tour...why?

Soul Reaper
08-26-2006, 11:03 AM
Apart from now, they seem to be happy in each other's company again.

But, Gilmour doesn't want to do a Floyd tour...why?

because he's a git....

he still he hates Roger Waters, I think....or Roger Waters still hates him....I'm not sure, I don't really care anymore...

Shaun Ponsonby
08-26-2006, 11:26 AM
I dunno, they seemed to be getting on at Live 8, and they're talking aboot each other with respect and admiration again.

Shaun Ponsonby
08-26-2006, 11:27 AM
Oh, and if Floyd did do something, the chances og getting tickets would bee very slim.

Soul Reaper
08-26-2006, 11:41 AM
Oh, and if Floyd did do something, the chances og getting tickets would bee very slim.

yep...

The Who tickets sold out in about 2 hours....not much chance getting tickets for Pink Floyd then.....they'd probably sell out in about 5 minutes...

Mr. Vengeance
08-26-2006, 11:45 AM
Even as a huge and diehard KISS fan, I have to admit that the recent years of constantly repackaging greatest hits and live shows and DVDs...the constant "gimme money" from Gene, the "farewell" tour that wasn't and having other people in KISS makeup, already has me boycotting speding my money on future tours and product. Nothing short of a new album will get me to spend. Still love them though.

Tiki-Tom
08-26-2006, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
Even as a huge and diehard KISS fan, I have to admit that the recent years of constantly repackaging greatest hits and live shows and DVDs...the constant "gimme money" from Gene, the "farewell" tour that wasn't and having other people in KISS makeup, already has me boycotting speding my money on future tours and product. Nothing short of a new album will get me to spend. Still love them though.
I used to love Kiss way back, too. It would take a hell of a lot more than a new album to get me to give them any more of my money. First off,as you said, they'd have to get those two scabs out of Peter and Ace's makeup. Second, they would have to put out something close to their classic 70's sound-which won't happen! Although I did buy a hot tea at the Kiss Coffeehouse, I felt like a fuckin' sucker when I did.

Shaun Ponsonby
08-27-2006, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Soul Reaper
yep...

The Who tickets sold out in about 2 hours....

Yes, and I cued from 8am and didn't actually get the tickets until 1.30pm. In the rain. And high winds.

That was fun...n't.

But, nevertheless, worth it.

binnie
08-28-2006, 01:10 PM
Axl Rose (I don't think the rest of GNR are guilty)

CVH

The two biggest culprits.

Pantera used to take their European fans for granted, they hardly ever toured here.....

Soul Reaper
08-28-2006, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by binnie
CVH

The two biggest culprits.

Ed and Dave....certainly....

they should both get their heads out their arses....

I don't care if I'm a fan of DLR, I don't care if EVH is one of my fav guitarists, they should get over their arguments....they're supposed to be grown ups, for christ's sake...

Soul Reaper
08-28-2006, 01:19 PM
Axl Rose (I don't think the rest of GNR are guilty)

didn't Axl once say that Slash was 'in his ass'?!

so whenever he farts a note of the blues scale is played?....

:)

ace diamond
08-28-2006, 07:22 PM
I used to love Kiss way back, too. It would take a hell of a lot more than a new album to get me to give them any more of my money. First off,as you said, they'd have to get those two scabs out of Peter and Ace's makeup. Second, they would have to put out something close to their classic 70's sound-which won't happen! Although I did buy a hot tea at the Kiss Coffeehouse, I felt like a fuckin' sucker when I did.

i still love kiss too, but i won't buy anything or go see them unless the originals are all fully involved. gene,paul, ace and peter.
i have the kiss logo tattoed on my left arm. that is my statement of loyalty. but that loyalty is only to the original band.

Mr. Vengeance
08-28-2006, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by ace diamond
i still love kiss too, but i won't buy anything or go see them unless the originals are all fully involved. gene,paul, ace and peter.
i have the kiss logo tattoed on my left arm. that is my statement of loyalty. but that loyalty is only to the original band.

I was able to accept the 80's & 90's non-makeup years...It only got bad when they had farewell tours that weren't, and others masquerading in KISS makeup. You want to make another non-makeup album with Eric Singer and Tommy Thayer, I'll buy it...but don't keep trying to sell me greatest hits that I already have, and DVD concerts of songs I already have! And I don't need another Alive album where it's the same tunes with the exception of two or three that they haven't included on the other Alive albums.

ace diamond
08-28-2006, 08:33 PM
I agree......I want something new all the same.........i am just as tired of the greatest hits packages as you......I just wish for a new album,
Psycho Circus was ok,I just wish they hadn't stopped there. I wish the originals had continued to write and record more new albums.

sadly,it will most likely not happen.

Tiki-Tom
08-28-2006, 08:38 PM
You want to make another non-makeup album with Eric Singer and Tommy Thayer, I'll buy it...

Me too as long as it sounds good. It's not like they have never used studio musicians at different times in the past. Just don't tour with a fake Ace and Peter. Try to respect your fans intelligence.

Terry
08-28-2006, 09:45 PM
KISS, definitely. Specifically Gene and Paul, who basically define their fans as those who are still willing to pay money to see them.

Axl too, agreed. But I think this guy has went from contempt of his fanbase to just taking leave of his senses; the guy is fookin' looney if he thinks he can dick around for a decade making an album, doing essentially no roadwork all the while, and still have a sizable fanbase that'll give a shit when (IF) Chinese Democracy finally comes out.

Unchainme
08-28-2006, 09:55 PM
at least GN'R released a DVD with all the classic videos, and also a Live CD, I'll give Axl credit there, Also he didn't feel the need to rerecord the live CD with buckethead and gang, and gave us Slash and gangs live stuff...

Tiki-Tom
08-28-2006, 10:14 PM
Granted a decade is a very long time to wait for an album, but Axl wants to release as good an album as possible. If it takes that long to get an incredible (hopefully) album, I'll wait. Shit, there have been quite a few bands that were once great that put out a decade's worth of crap.

For that matter, I'd much rather have one good album from Axl than ten albums full of that shit they call Velvet Revolver-or is it GNR light?

Mr. Vengeance
08-28-2006, 10:40 PM
I won't even give a drop of piss for the new Axl project album. I mean....it's not even the band.

I think the last time this could have been done was when Alice Cooper went solo, but he at least didn't wait close to 15 years, and Welcome to My Nightmare was killer!

No way Axl's fucking abortion will be any good.

Terry
08-28-2006, 11:04 PM
Granted a decade is a very long time to wait for an album, but Axl wants to release as good an album as possible. If it takes that long to get an incredible (hopefully) album, I'll wait. Shit, there have been quite a few bands that were once great that put out a decade's worth of crap.

For that matter, I'd much rather have one good album from Axl than ten albums full of that shit they call Velvet Revolver-or is it GNR light?

I'll be interested to hear it mostly because it took so long, but it ain't Guns and Roses anymore, no matter if Rose releases it under that band name or not. That band is long gone.

Wasn't too thrilled with Velvet Revolver either, myself. The band pretty much put out a bunch of average stuff - was hoping for more, considering I dug both STP and GnR.

Susie Q
08-28-2006, 11:38 PM
I am going to say Mike Love of the Beach Boys, and Ritchie Blackmore of Rainbow.

Both assholes in music industry.

Love for fucking Brian.

Blackmore for how he treated his fans one night in below zero weather back in the 80's.

binnie
08-29-2006, 03:31 AM
Ozzy is going that way too (or Sharon) because he is pissing his legacy away - it is difficult to be a fan now, right??

Charging bands t play Ozzfest - cmon??

blonddgirl777
08-29-2006, 10:27 AM
Metallica... they've been high paid hores since the "Black" album...

Also,

The "prince of darkness" has become the "fool of M.T.V."...
What a shame! :(

Ellyllions
08-29-2006, 10:58 AM
I'll be the odd man out non-rock offering.

Duran Duran treats their fans like the wallets they should have. You may not be the least bit interested, but these cunts trump everything any of you have posted in reference to your choices.

But since I'm sure Duran Duran aren't really interesting to anyone here, I'll spare you the details...unless you want them...

Just let me know...but understand that it's the worst of the worst. No Joke.

blonddgirl777
08-29-2006, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Ellyllions
...Just let me know...but understand that it's the worst of the worst. No Joke.

Gimme the gossip!

I used to love Duran Duran (I've always been into ALL kinds of music...)!

I know Madonna is a bitch to everyone, her fans included...

binnie
08-29-2006, 11:43 AM
I can see why people think Metallica, all the Napster shit.

But on the other side of the coin, they tour their asses off, which is what the fans want, right?

Who tours more than Metallica??

Ellyllions
08-29-2006, 11:50 AM
If you think Kiss is bad for re-mastered, re-packaged bullshit. Just do a search for Duran Duran music. They even went so far as to release 2 boxed sets. Each set has like 10 cd's in it with an average of one song remixed over and over on each cd. And the boxes are priced at $50 each. About 30 songs spread over the two boxed sets.

They have a fan club that sells memberships for $35 USD that offers nothing but a completely un-moderated forum, and the "honor" of purchasing VIP passes to shows. (buckle your seat belt here) The VIP passes run between $350-$375. What do you get with a VIP pass? GA show, no pre-arranged seating. Seated show, you get first 5 rows, a little bag of nonsense goodies, and a drawing to meet the band. Only 2 people get to meet the band, and only for less than 2 minutes at the VIP price.

(Before I go on, let me just say that I did get suckered into the fan club once so I know what I'm talking about. But I wouldn't pay $350 to meet ANYONE!)

If by chance you do get to meet the band, if you're not under 30 years old and a size 3.....don't even attempt conversation. Not with any of them. Even in hotel lobby's those twatbubbles have been known to make fat jokes to fans who were waiting to meet them.

More on the business side? They know that there are people that will buy ANYTHING with their names on it...so, how many other bands do you know sell Christmas baubles with their pictures on them? Duran Duran do...this last tour, they hired a tour manager. When they asked the tour manager his projected profits from a 7 month tour, the manager told them $10 Million. They fired him on the spot and looked for one who projected 40-50 million. In John Taylor's own words, "We're legends, we're worth that much". The album ended up selling less than 300,000 copies and cancelled shows due to low ticket sales. They all lost money for even doing it.

Now they've got a 5 record deal with Sony records that they're bitching about having to complete. Even though they were the ones who approached Sony for the deal.

I adore their music. But I won't ever go see them live or try to meet them again. I'm 5'5 at 115 and Simon Le Bon huffed in my face. He was friendly at first but when he saw the braces on my teeth he was ready to get rid of me....and I replied with, "Hrumph, I guess that's it them..." and walked away.

The funniest part....honestly, is their over inflated egos. They have no idea that they're has beens.....bwahahahahaha

binnie
08-29-2006, 11:52 AM
I really didn't know Duran had flogged their back catalogue that much!!

I once saw an interview on some "Remembering the 80's" programme where Simon Le Bon said of teenagers at that time that they would think,

"I wasn't there for the Beatles, but I was there for Duran Duran"

Ego go go??

Ellyllions
08-29-2006, 11:55 AM
He's also stated several times that America has the largest number of women with low self-esteem.

There are albums in that catalogue that I've never even heard of. And now that I'm old enough to buy albums I refuse to give them any more money.

But my favorite so far was the quote from John Taylor (imo, one of the best bassists of my generation) "If we had to work on a new album I didn't want to do the reunion. We could make money off the stuff we've already done..."

blonddgirl777
08-29-2006, 12:05 PM
... Who tours more than Metallica??

Le Cirque du Soleil...

binnie
08-29-2006, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by blonddgirl777
Le Cirque du Soleil...

I consider myself owned by that comment!

Ellyllions
08-29-2006, 12:20 PM
Oh forgot to add....their latest album only sold 300,000 copies in the US, but you can choose from 4 different versions to buy.

blonddgirl777
08-29-2006, 12:24 PM
Boy I'm glad I downloaded all of their songs and made my own boxset...
And I gave copies to my friends.
At least, they don't have my money!

blonddgirl777
08-29-2006, 12:26 PM
... I wouldn't pay $350 to meet ANYONE!...

What about one night with Matthiew Mc Conehey?
Now I think THAT would be money well spent!
L.O.L.

blonddgirl777
08-29-2006, 12:33 PM
... I'm 5'5 at 115 and Simon Le Bon huffed in my face. He was friendly at first but when he saw the braces on my teeth he was ready to get rid of me....

No matter how pretty you are dear, I think it goes way behond that with Simon Le Bon...

I don't know about now but back in the days, he only dated famous supermodels and was never interested in anyone "unknown"... maybe backstage but to show off in public, he always needed arm ornements... :rolleyes:

It used to crack me up when the guys said of him to be gay... he is one of the biggest machos out there!

Personally, I never found him attractive but a whole lot of girls did...

"Le Bon" means "The Good One" in French... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :o

DrMaddVibe
08-29-2006, 02:35 PM

The Wiggles

Sesame Street

The Rolling Stones

Blah blah blah...just because they tour doesn't make them anything great to see.

bastardog
08-29-2006, 02:50 PM
I can see why people think Metallica, all the Napster shit.

But on the other side of the coin, they tour their asses off, which is what the fans want, right?

who tours more?......easy....Dio

They take the fans for granted because their new music (if it can be called music) is not what fans wants anymore.....and theysimply don't care.

bastardog
08-29-2006, 03:01 PM
I'm 5'5 at 115

nice to know the facts ;)

Mr. Vengeance
08-29-2006, 03:26 PM
I'm 5'5 at 115

How big's the rack and the caboose?

Ellyllions
08-29-2006, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by blonddgirl777
No matter how pretty you are dear, I think it goes way behond that with Simon Le Bon...

I don't know about now but back in the days, he only dated famous supermodels and was never interested in anyone "unknown"... maybe backstage but to show off in public, he always needed arm ornements... :rolleyes:

It used to crack me up when the guys said of him to be gay... he is one of the biggest machos out there!

Personally, I never found him attractive but a whole lot of girls did...

"Le Bon" means "The Good One" in French... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :o

Actually, I know a girl who said that he was very good at one thing but very lazy at another. He used to be hot but now?

Well, I'll let you decide.....LOL!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/Mrschris/thelook.jpg

When I came face to face with him I was thinking, "Aw, HELL no, that Can't be him!!!"

He was very nice to my husband though.

mako_kimura
08-29-2006, 03:42 PM
Biggest dickwads to date:

1. Shitallica
2. Axhole
3. Green Day (I've never liked them anyway)
4. Good Shitlette (See Green Day)
5. Kiss recentely
6. Yngwie (Course he's always been a bitch)

For the country side of things:

Lorretta Lynn (Damn woman hired some dude to sign autographs for her)

binnie
08-29-2006, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by bastardog

They take the fans for granted because their new music (if it can be called music) is not what fans wants anymore.....and theysimply don't care.

Thats interesting, you've got me thinking. Are you saying that bands should make music just to pacify their fans?

Is that being a true artist - repeating yourself rather than playing what you actually want to play?

blonddgirl777
08-29-2006, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
...just because they tour doesn't make them anything great to see.

I agree!
I prefer quality over quantity...

blonddgirl777
08-29-2006, 05:17 PM
Thats interesting, you've got me thinking. Are you saying that bands should make music just to pacify their fans?

Is that being a true artist - repeating yourself rather than playing what you actually want to play?

But Metallica ARE playing what the radio stations want to play rather what they want to...
I think that their own good ideas came out when they where younger and not so tired of metal.

I read that they need to spend about $40.000/month on shrinks for the band to "get along" and still produce...
Some things are not meant to be and I say when it happens... let it go!
No matter what kind of money is involved... they are rich enough (I.M.O.)

blonddgirl777
08-29-2006, 05:24 PM
...HELL no, that Can't be him!!!"...

Hell no! :(
Talk about not aging well...

bastardog
08-29-2006, 05:26 PM

If the fans keep saying that their new style is shit (as I agree 100%) then they should change it.......not to repeat the same album with another name....but atleast try something more in the line of what your fans (the ones that allow you to buy your meal) are interested.

binnie
08-30-2006, 03:57 AM
Originally posted by bastardog
If the fans keep saying that their new style is shit (as I agree 100%) then they should change it.......not to repeat the same album with another name....but atleast try something more in the line of what your fans (the ones that allow you to buy your meal) are interested.

That's an interesting point of view, I'd never thought of it like that....

Ellyllions
08-30-2006, 07:03 AM
The only problem with doing that is that your fans call you a "sell-out". Look what happened to Metallica after the Black album. The garage fans all screamed in horror at the thought of them having a No. 1 album. Then subsequent albums fell like it was raining refrigerators.

It's a double-standard. You give the fans what you want, they accept it, but as soon as you become successful....they turn on you.

binnie
08-30-2006, 07:12 AM

It's a double-standard. You give the fans what you want, they accept it, but as soon as you become successful....they turn on you.

True that. Fans hate to think that other people might like the same band, it makes them feel that they have lost some intimacy (which is completely imagined) with that group.

SELLOUT is one of the most frequent double standards in music.

Ellyllions
08-30-2006, 07:16 AM
Isn't that amazing how we do that?

We say, "I don't want to be sheep following the mainstream, so I'm going to group myself with these people over here..."

Uh, Chet, you just grouped yourself....DUH...LOL!

binnie
08-30-2006, 07:23 AM
I've always tried not to do that, I always judge bands on whether I like the music or not, as opposed to what any other fucker may think about it.

To me, if a band has been going 20+ years they have been doing something right.

You can't make hype and advertising last that long, so there must be talent there.

The only band that makes me question that is Bon Jovi - how the fuck did they sell a hundred million records and have a career this long. Maybe it's just my ears but I think they break the talent = long career rule!

Ellyllions
08-30-2006, 07:27 AM
Damn, Binnie. How alike are we?

I HATE Bon Jovi. Always have.
Smile while you sing boys, this is "happy rock"

Who was it that said, "It's not fun fun fun, boogie boogie boogie, every song, every record. I hate bands like that." ; )

ThrillsNSpills
08-30-2006, 07:42 AM
Maybe it's just my ears but I think they break the talent = long career rule!

Jon should have realized his calling as a soap opera actor instead of torturing us . :D

blonddgirl777
08-30-2006, 07:58 AM
... Smile while you sing boys, this is "happy rock"

Who was it that said, "It's not fun fun fun, boogie boogie boogie, every song, every record. I hate bands like that." ; )

I know... L.O.L.
Bon Jovi is for me, a thing of the past... gone with the 80's...

Their music have sucked for a while but;
I've always found John attactive... he would be better in a toothpaste add!
He's done some good modeling for Versace and others but that's all he's been good at lately...

binnie
08-30-2006, 08:46 AM
Damn, Binnie. How alike are we?

I HATE Bon Jovi. Always have.
Smile while you sing boys, this is "happy rock"

Hell, we have very similar views!

Bon Jovi is certianly more pop than rock. I have no idea who said that comment, but it sounds very similar to something that Dee Snider used to say about Bon Jovi back in the day......

mako_kimura
08-30-2006, 09:05 AM
Honestly, I think what made Bon Jizovi last so damn long are those subtle changes in their sound. I compared 7800 Degrees Farenheit and Slippery When Wet (yes, I own those), there are changes musically, but not as drastic as say comparing New Jersey to Have A Nice Day

By the way, this is the first time I've ever heard of a girl that didn't like Bon Jovi

Ellyllions
08-30-2006, 09:14 AM
Mr. Roth quoted that in an interview on Friday Night Videos back in 1985. See...marijuana doesn't affect memory as bad as they say...LOL!

I didn't like any of that happy rock shit. Hell I didn't even like Def Leppard between Pyromania and Slang. (check out Slang if you've never heard it...dark, moody, and complex)

binnie
08-30-2006, 09:17 AM
Cheers for the Roth quote Ellyions, one I will remember!

bastardog
08-30-2006, 10:21 AM
Bon Jovi keep creating music that his fans (i'm NOT one of them) enjoy and at the same time keep changing musically (well.....enough to be noted)
He keep his fans and continue adding.

that's what Metallica should do......but instead they create a bowl full of shit and rest in peace knowing that their fans will buy it anyway

Mr. Vengeance
08-30-2006, 10:57 AM
Elly never told us about the rack and the caboose, though.....

Ellyllions
08-30-2006, 11:05 AM
That's because there's nothing to tell..LOL!

I'm built like a broom handle. Straight as a stick and just as narrow.

Jérôme Frenchise
08-30-2006, 11:21 AM
This thread rocks!

I guess that Roger Waters should be ranked number one here, both for spitting at a front row fan during the 1977 tour ("Animals") and imagining a wall being built between stage and audience for their 1980/81 tour ("The Wall").

In their way, The Cult behaved like real cunts in 2002, after releasing a kickass album, Billy Duffy allowing Ian Astbury to tour with the "Doors of the 21st century" joke.
BTW, the surviving Doors really mocked their fans in so doing too...

Mr. Vengeance
08-30-2006, 11:28 AM

My lower half just went numb...:D

Tiki-Tom
08-30-2006, 12:31 PM
How about this Brian May shit he's calling Queen + Paul Rodgers? He may as well call it Bad Queenie. BAD COMPANY is what Paul makes Freddie's songs sound like.

blonddgirl777
08-30-2006, 01:00 PM
My lower half just went numb...:D

Why?
She IS, after all... talking about broom handle!
L.O.L.

Mr. Vengeance
08-30-2006, 02:07 PM
No guy wants to hear about broom handles.....

ace diamond
08-30-2006, 02:16 PM
i fucking hate bon jovi. with the exception of the slippery when wet album. that is the only half-decent thing they ever did.

the rest of their catalogue fucking curdles and churns my stomach.......shit makes me have powerful urge to puke

DrMaddVibe
08-30-2006, 02:22 PM
"they"? You mean what Desmond Child did!

ace diamond
08-30-2006, 02:30 PM
when i said "they" did you gather i was talking about john bongiovi and desmond child?

besides,the songs on there i like is "let it rock" and "love is a social disease"

the rest of it and all other bongiovi records fucking suck major shit.

just look at how many bands desmond child and john kalodner ruined.

look at what happened to aerosmith since they sobered up,and desmond child and john kalodner got involved?
they fucking ruined that band.

bongiovi is an exception because he was never any fucking good to begin with.

blonddgirl777
08-30-2006, 10:39 PM
No guy wants to hear about broom handles.....

But I WAS refering to the title of the "Palooza Underground" thread!

"You got Porn? How about some chick "riding" a broomstick?..."

Huuuh, Huuuh... (à la Beavis and Butthead) :lol:

binnie
08-31-2006, 03:46 AM

That wasn't the way it looked on your old avatar!!

Ellyllions
08-31-2006, 07:26 AM
5' 5", 115
That's pretty damn skinny wouldn't you say? LOL!

When my Scotch-Irish family was supposed to be in line for the boobs and butts...they were standing around smoking cigarettes, drinking whiskey, and yelling at each other. (the Irish consider that conversation) LOL!

binnie
08-31-2006, 07:31 AM

When my Scotch-Irish family was supposed to be in line for the boobs and butts...they were standing around smoking cigarettes, drinking whiskey, and yelling at each other. (the Irish consider that conversation) LOL!

Some sterotypes have a considerable element of truth!

Ellyllions
08-31-2006, 07:47 AM
I LOVE my Scotch-Irish heritage.

Never a dull moment in my family. They're loud, rambunctious, and tiny. LOL!

blonddgirl777
08-31-2006, 09:33 AM
That wasn't the way it looked on your old avatar!!

And I thought I was the only one who saw some boobs there!
Than, what was that guy signing on? :p
And who was HE???

blonddgirl777
08-31-2006, 09:37 AM
... When my Scotch-Irish family was supposed to be in line for the boobs and butts...they were standing around smoking cigarettes, drinking whiskey, and yelling at each other. (the Irish consider that conversation) LOL!

L.M.A.O.

I love the Irish (their accent is so cool)... my hubby was hangin' out with what they called "the Irish connection" and he had a blast with them all!
And... drank a lot too!

I remember the first time he went out partying witht them, he came back and said to me: "You know every stereotype they are saying about Irish... well... IT'S TRUE"!!!
L.O.L.

Ellyllions
08-31-2006, 09:53 AM
That photo was a PR thing for the club band my hubby used to be in. The guitarist was the only single one at that time and he was hoping that photo would inspire women who come to the shows. LOL!

As far as what he was signing? Victoria's Secret. : )

blonddgirl777
08-31-2006, 10:17 AM
... he was hoping that photo would inspire women who come to the shows. LOL!...

Did it work?
I think it might have inspired the guys too!
L.O.L. :p

blonddgirl777
08-31-2006, 10:19 AM
... As far as what he was signing? Victoria's Secret. : )

You can tell... as long as it's not Sammy Hagar, the secret is safe here (right :rolleyes: )!

monkeythe
09-02-2006, 03:54 AM
To me the worst thing a band can do is to insult the fans that bought tickets to their shows by no-showing their own concerts.

The two bands that do that more than anyone else are GnR (with and w/o Slash) and WASP (http://www.metalsludge.tv/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=757&Itemid=42)

Soul Reaper
09-02-2006, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by monkeythe
To me the worst thing a band can do is to insult the fans that bought tickets to their shows by no-showing their own concerts.

yep, Axl is the master of that....

DB told me that she had to wait for 2 hours...

that's just taking it to extremes...

Tiki-Tom
09-02-2006, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by monkeythe

The two bands that do that more than anyone else are GnR (with and w/o Slash) and WASP

Blackie must've gotten into a lover's spat with his mic stand one of those nights.

ODShowtime
09-06-2006, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Unchainme
at least GN'R released a DVD with all the classic videos, and also a Live CD, I'll give Axl credit there

Don't give him credit, he fought tooth and nail against that gem.

I thought it was great when the label said FUCK YOU and put out the greatest hits finally. not like I'd buy it, I just like how it pissed Axl off.

Tiki-Tom
09-10-2006, 12:20 AM
Axl would not be Axl if he wasn't being a dick to someone. It's part of his persona. His bitchin' about the Greatest Hits disc is just par for the course. Anything that keeps his ass in the public eye is what he's all about. Putting out new music seems secondary to his off stage antics these days and I think that's just the way he likes it.