PDA

View Full Version : White robot monkeys get beat the fuck down by KISS!!

rustoffa
08-29-2006, 08:40 PM
Wow, I'd almost forgotten about this!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/re-cMxt8toM"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/re-cMxt8toM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Mr. Vengeance
08-29-2006, 10:56 PM
That movie is still a freaking classic!!!

binnie
08-30-2006, 03:48 AM
Now that is surreal!!

Mr Badguy
08-30-2006, 06:57 AM
Wow, I used to have that on video but I haven`t seen it for about 15 years!

What a cheap film.

Kiss star in an episode of Scooby Doo.

Anyone who has ever seen it will remember the stunt doubles being worse than the guy who used to double for Mr T in "The A team".

No wonder they haven`t brought it out on DVD.

binnie
08-30-2006, 07:13 AM
It does look like a pantomime doesn't it!

Golden AWe
08-30-2006, 08:10 AM
Highly dramatic!

diamondD
08-30-2006, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Mr Badguy
Wow, I used to have that on video but I haven`t seen it for about 15 years!

What a cheap film.

Kiss star in an episode of Scooby Doo.

Anyone who has ever seen it will remember the stunt doubles being worse than the guy who used to double for Mr T in "The A team".

No wonder they haven`t brought it out on DVD.

It's been out there already. Netflix pulled it from the list of available titles a few months ago.

binnie
08-30-2006, 08:44 AM
What year was that made?

Vinnie Velvet
08-30-2006, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by binnie
What year was that made?

Mr. Vengeance
08-30-2006, 10:54 AM
I have it on video and man...it's just the best! The acting by the band...holy shit! If you don't laugh at that, you're not alive! Ace's dialogue consists of him laughing and making weird sounds, because he was too drunk to remember any of the script. Anthony Zerbe is just fantastic as the mad scientist. Then the way the fake KISS robots changed the KISS lyrics to "corrupt" the fans- "Rip, Rip, Rip and Destroy". The concert footage couldn't have been more poorly recorded. It sounds like someone in the back of the crowd has a little Radio Shack tape recorder going. The band sounded as if it had never played a gig before. I was always shocked that KISS would allow anything that sounded that awful to be put out.

They do have a nice rendition of Beth, which is still hilarious, since it features the heroine walking around aimlessly trying to find her boyfriend.

Rumour had it that the episode of the Simpsons where they go to Itchy and Scratchy Land, stole the fight scene with the robot Itchy and Scratchys, from that fight scene in Phantom of the Park.

I love that movie!!!

franksters
08-30-2006, 11:14 AM
that funky music is classic! i remember they would play it on tv in the afternoon around halloween... lots of good memories!

ace diamond
08-30-2006, 02:06 PM
i used to have the vhs of this and frehley's comet live+4,they got jacked in the late 1990's.

anywho, i now have "kiss meets the phantom of the park" on dvd,
and i have a vhs of the entire frehley's comet show @hammersmith odeon that was the footage used for live+4. the whole concert is 1 hour long. great fuckin' show delivered by ace.

ace diamond
08-30-2006, 02:07 PM
yes,ace frehley had a stunt double in the movie,some black guy......look closely at the fight inside the haunted house.

ace diamond
08-30-2006, 02:08 PM
and the voice you hear when peter criss speaks is not peter. it is some hired actor who did a really good impression of how peter's voice sounds.

Figs
08-30-2006, 02:11 PM
Fookin' classic! This is true unintentional humor!

ace diamond
08-30-2006, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Figs
Fookin' classic! This is true unintentional humor!

sometimes the brutal truth can be the most incredibly hilarious thing you ever heard.

btw........cool fuckin' avatar

Figs
08-30-2006, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by ace diamond
sometimes the brutal truth can be the most incredibly hilarious thing you ever heard.

btw........cool fuckin' avatar

Why thank you, Mr. Diamond. I can't remember where I stole it, I think I searched flaming skull or something like that.

I saw them talk about them making this movie, how they had to yell out for almost every line they had, Peter & Ace were drugged or drunk almost the whole time, and I think Peter's voice through the entire move was overdubbed by someone else....hilarious shit!

Terry
08-30-2006, 10:08 PM
According to Gene, Ace and Peter told him and Paul halfway through making this movie that they wanted to quit the band.

Can't imagine why.

Still watch it once a year or so. So goddamn awful it's good.

rustoffa
08-30-2006, 11:38 PM
yes,ace frehley had a stunt double in the movie

Figures.:mad:

Since when did a space-dude specialize in floor gymnastics?

Panamark
08-31-2006, 01:37 AM
KISS: ATTACK OF THE PHANTOMS !!!

I won a free pass to see that movie in the bottom of a slushie cup !
(Actually we called em Icee's at the time)

I havent seen this, since the film was playing in cinemas...

THAT WAS A TRIP !

I loved it at the time ...

Didnt they play Rock and Roll alll night at the
very end ? I seemed to remember being on a bit
of a high with that tune playing as I walked out
of the cinema.....

Maybe the cinema just played it.....

Fook, that seems like a long time ago...

Mr. Vengeance
08-31-2006, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Panamark
KISS: ATTACK OF THE PHANTOMS !!!

I won a free pass to see that movie in the bottom of a slushie cup !
(Actually we called em Icee's at the time)

I havent seen this, since the film was playing in cinemas...

THAT WAS A TRIP !

I loved it at the time ...

Didnt they play Rock and Roll alll night at the
very end ? I seemed to remember being on a bit
of a high with that tune playing as I walked out
of the cinema.....

Maybe the cinema just played it.....

Fook, that seems like a long time ago...

What? This movie was a TV movie. As far as I know it was never in theatres. You must have been really high.

Va Beach VH Fan
08-31-2006, 08:06 PM
I CLEARLY remember when it was first broadcast, I believe on NBC...

My family was watching my hometown's annual Halloween parade, and I was freaking out that it wouldn't finish in time for us to get home so I could watch it...

Ya know, no TIVO in '78.... ;)

Damn, were there VCR's in '78 ?

Terry
08-31-2006, 08:15 PM
I remember this being a made-for-tv movie too, as I also remember watching it when it aired, but I have read that outside of the US it was released into theaters as Kiss: Attack of the Phantoms, like Panamark said.

ODShowtime
08-31-2006, 08:28 PM
man that was wild

rustoffa
08-31-2006, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Terry
I remember this being a made-for-tv movie too, as I also remember watching it when it aired, but I have read that outside of the US it was released into theaters as Kiss: Attack of the Phantoms, like Panamark said.

I've never seen the whole film. People would always play crappy vhs versions of it at parties. One particular time, I just pulled the VCR out of this elaborate cuntglomeration of milk crates. You guessed it. I took alot of heat for that.

FORD
08-31-2006, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
I CLEARLY remember when it was first broadcast, I believe on NBC...

My family was watching my hometown's annual Halloween parade, and I was freaking out that it wouldn't finish in time for us to get home so I could watch it...

Ya know, no TIVO in '78.... ;)

Damn, were there VCR's in '78 ?

VCR's existed in 1978, but they were still pretty pricey, and a lot of America still only had 5 or 6 channels of TV anyway.

We got both a VCR and "expanded" cable in 1983.

Vinnie Velvet
09-01-2006, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by FORD
VCR's existed in 1978, but they were still pretty pricey, and a lot of America still only had 5 or 6 channels of TV anyway.

Yeah, that's right.

By 1982-83, VCRs became more common in households and extra channels finally were made available through cable, not to mention the birth of movie channels, etc.

KISS meets the Phantom of the park is a classic...For all the wrong reasons!!

Its a hoot to watch.

Vinnie Velvet
09-01-2006, 09:26 AM
and the voice you hear when peter criss speaks is not peter. it is some hired actor who did a really good impression of how peter's voice sounds.

Actually, Peter didn't even bother to show up to do the "looping" where actors lend their voices to a movie in post-production.

Therefore, they had to use someone else to record his lines.

Panamark
09-01-2006, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Terry

Definately played in theatres in Oz..
There was much hype, including the free pass in the
slurpee drink (which I won one !!)

Ironaically, Ive never seen it on TV here in oz....

Vinnie Velvet
09-01-2006, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
Actually, Peter didn't even bother to show up to do the "looping" where actors lend their voices to a movie in post-production.

Therefore, they had to use someone else to record his lines.

Further to that, there was also speculation that Peter actually DID do the post production 'looping' of his dialogue, but it wasn't used because his thick, Brooklynese accent was hard to understand.

That may be why Peter has denied Paul and Gene's claims that he didn't show up in the studio to do the looping.

:D

Not sure if any of those stories are true.

Mr. Vengeance
09-01-2006, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
Further to that, there was also speculation that Peter actually DID do the post production 'looping' of his dialogue, but it wasn't used because his thick, Brooklynese accent was hard to understand.

That may be why Peter has denied Paul and Gene's claims that he didn't show up in the studio to do the looping.

:D

Not sure if any of those stories are true.

Like much of KISS lore, there seems to be three sides to every story. Ace and Peter's, Paul and Gene's, and the truth, which lies somewhere in between.

Terry
09-02-2006, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by FORD

We got the same in 1982 - our cable box had slots in the top, where you could actually shine a flashlight into them and see the circuitry, and a bud of mine came over with a short copper wire encased in rubber, frayed and twisted the ends, then showed me the two circuit hooks that you could connect with the wire to get free HBO, Showtime and Skinemax...

That reminds me - must see if Netflix has that early 80s movie The Beach Girls.