X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DlocRoth
    ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Legendary Nights

So I saw the episode about the Meldrick Taylor/J.C. Chavez fight from '90 I think it was.

Hadn't thought about that fight in a long time.

Taylor puttin a clinic on. But Chavez with the harder shots. Taylor winning the fight handily. Chavez knocks him down with 16 seconds left in the 12th. He's on his feet at 6..woozy but up.

Fucking Richard Steele calls the fight with 4 fucking seconds left. A championship fight! Unbelievable.

Chavez had a long undefeated streak continue because of it. Taylor never recovered.

The aftermath....

Meldrick Taylor got hit with so many shots in that fight, man the guy is just fucked up. Multiple face fractures and a concussion. They showed him in '02, dude isn't even coherent anymore....but STILL FIGHTS.

Anyways, great fight. Over and out.
    Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime
  • ALinChainz
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

I saw em all Dloc ... a great series ... this thread reminded me ... I will TIVO any future episodes for dvd.

I should have done it the first time through they played them.

But you know ... booze ...

Comment

• DlocRoth
      ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ALinChainz

But you know ... booze ...
      Yeah, I know. LOL
      Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• ALinChainz
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

The first in line will be Leonard-Hearns I.

That fight about killed me.

Comment

• THUNDER ICON!
          Banned
          • Mar 2006

What about Minto/maddallone?

Comment

• LoungeMachine
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jul 2004

Minto/Tubbs

The Battle of The Cattle
            Originally posted by Kristy
            Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
            Originally posted by cadaverdog
            I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• ALinChainz
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

HBO ran this series of great CHAMPIONSHIP FIGHTS.

Minto will never own a title of merit.

The only name fight he fought was Tubbs.

We know what happened there.

Comment

• twonabomber
                formerly F A T
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I saw em all Dloc ... a great series ... this thread reminded me ... I will TIVO any future episodes for dvd.
                i have all but one of the episodes on DVD, and i can't remember which one i need. is HBO running these again?
                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• ALinChainz
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

There are twona, but not regular.

They are squeezing them in here and there.

I fucked up by not putting them all down on disc the first time around.

Comment

• THUNDER ICON!
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2006

Minto/maddallone 1 was a competative fight until the end when Brian landed the big left that put vinny on his ass for good. The rematch was total destruction. The difference between a proven champion and someone hoping to make the cut for the show contender. Just a side not, as a boxing expert I tried to watch the Contender show on espn. It's hard to watch such lack of talent. I would know any one of those black punks out in the first minute of the first round every fucking time period. leanard really sold himself out too. What a fucking joke!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Dec 2003

Leo
                      The first in line will be Leonard-Hearns I.

That fight about killed me.
                      One of the greatest fights of all time, right up there with Ali-Frazier I, IMO....

I was always a big Leonard fan, but I openly admit that Hearns should have gotten the decision in the rematch....

Of course, I love to rub in the Hagler decision to fans of the Marvelous one.... Just a great gameplan by Sugar Ray on that night...
                      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• ALinChainz
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

I like Ray ... just llike Hearns better.

Hearns actually over trained for the fight, coming in at 145 at the weigh-in. Although you have to hand it to Ray for adapting and becoming the puncher, Hearns was outboxing him ... and winning.

Hearns knocked him down in the rematch and dominated the fight, the decision of draw was booed heavily.

Now, I like Hagler also, and didn't have a fave in that fight with Ray, but was going insane when Hearns opened up on him in his fight with Hagler. He ALMOST got it done in the first couple rounds, but never had a chin, ever. Was his biggest downfall.

Comment

Working...