X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Vengeance
    Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Ryan Howard erases Mike Schmidt's HR Record

This kid is a monster!!!! 49 knocks, erasing Mike's 48, single season Phils record, and still 28 games to go.
    Stay Frosty, muthas!
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

...and Mike Schmidt will now be forgotten...

lmfao...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

And just think, the Bucs could have had him last year for Kip Wells, straight up....

But no, the soon-to-be-former GM Littlefield turned it down....
      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
        Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
        ...and Mike Schmidt will now be forgotten...

lmfao...
        Not by me, muthafucka.....

It is just about time for the fans to start booing now, and make sure this kid just gets better and better.
        Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

So let me get this straight...

the belief is that if you boo Howard...he'll get better?

lmfao...

the engine for that team plays second...
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

and in Hamels, Howard and Utley...

you have the centerpiece of something special...

well...

until they blow it...lmfao...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

As for the Kip Wells deal...

well, if that rumor was true (and I heard MANY other rumors involving Howard and other teams involving much better and bigger names that Philly turned down), then Littlefield should have been fired...

oh...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

Well, all I can say is the one sportswriter who is close to being dead on accurate in most of his rumors, John Perrotto of the Beaver County times (http://www.timesonline.com/site/news...dept_id=478568), has said a few times since last year's trade deadline that the offer was on the table for the Pirates, and Littlefield turned it down, because he said Howard struck out too much....

Don't worry, I think he's history after the season's over...

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

I'm not questioning YOU...I'm questioning HIM.

If Littlefield didn't take that deal last year...or the year before...he's an idiot...

bottom line.

Again...there had to be more to it...just had to be. Howard was the Phillies #1 prospect...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Dec 2003

Yeah, but at the time, they still had Thome and were considering resigning him....

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

Then it was 2 years ago...which makes it much more plausible...

because if it was at the deadline last year...Howard was crushing the ball...and Thome was out nearly the whole year...

2 years ago...Howard hadn't even played in the majors yet...and Thome was crushing the ball...

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                        Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

The booing him to make him better thing is a joke. It's a Jim Rome bit, where if a Philly player is going great, he says the Philly fans need to start booing now to make him a better player.

Howard was among many Phils involved in trade talks last year before he started to mash the ball filling in for Thome.
                        Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

Didn't he start mashing the ball in Thome's absence in June?

and didn't Thome go down in May?

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                            Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Didn't matter. Phils were trying to get into the playoffs and Howard's name kept coming up most of the season in trade talks. They really only stopped once it looked like he wasn't just a fluke. Gavin Floyd and Cole Hamels names were thrown around constantly as well. Frankly, I'd trade Floyd without even thinking about it at this point.
                            Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

It DOES MATTER!

DAMN YOU ALL ANYWAYS!!!!

Comment

Working...