• LoungeMachine
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

Bush Reminded of Bin Laden in Time For Mid-Terms

Sept. 6, 2006, 10:03PM
    Bush insists it's 'just a matter of time' until bin Laden caught
    Hunt for terror leader still going strong, he says

Reuters News Service

WASHINGTON — President Bush on Wednesday said capturing al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden, who has eluded a U.S. manhunt since the Sept. 11 attacks five years ago, still mattered.

"He's hiding. And we're on the hunt, obviously," Bush said in an interview with Katie Couric of CBS News before his speech announcing that 14 high-level terrorism suspects had been transferred from secret CIA custody to the Defense Department's facility at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

"Of course. It matters. He's, he's the head of al-Qaida," Bush said. "But one thing is for certain, though, he's, he's not moving like he used to. Another thing is ... he's not communicating like he used to."

The hunt continues for bin Laden, his deputy Ayman al-Zawahri and others, Bush said.

"And we'll get him. It's just a matter of time. We've got a unit in the CIA who is spending a lot of time thinking about these high-value targets," he said.

Bush said airline security was "much improved," citing hardened cockpit doors, pilots able to carry guns, and better information about who was getting on the plane.

"Is there more work to be done? Of course. But there's more work to be done on every front," he said.

Information sharing between security agencies, one of the key criticisms about the government's performance related to the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, is "much better than prior to September the 11th," Bush said.
    Originally posted by Kristy
    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
    Originally posted by cadaverdog
    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?
  • LoungeMachine
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

Re: Bush Reminded of Bin Laden in Time For Mid-Terms

Originally posted by LoungeMachine

"And we'll get him. It's just a matter of time. We've got a unit in the CIA who is spending a lot of time thinking about these high-value targets," he said.

A unit in the CIA spending a lot of time thinking

The fuck you say :eek:

5 years later, and you've managed to get a unit thinking?

I'm impressed.
    Originally posted by Kristy
    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
    Originally posted by cadaverdog
    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

Working...