• Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Conservative Group Airs Pro-Bush(War) Ad

Conservative Group Airs Pro-Bush Ad
    Thursday, September 7, 2006 7:19 PM EDT
    The Associated Press
    By JIM KUHNHENN

WASHINGTON (AP) — Dovetailing with President Bush's war-on-terror message, a conservative advocacy group released a television ad Thursday warning that many critics of the war in Iraq "would cut and run in the Middle East, leaving al-Qaida to attack us again."

The ad by Progress for America, a conservative group that gained prominence in the 2004 presidential election, displays images of past terrorist acts against the U.S. by Islamic terrorists and links the war in Iraq to the broader campaign against terrorism.

Its release comes as President Bush is executing an aggressive political strategy nine weeks before midterm elections to draw attention to the continuing fight abroad and at home to thwart terrorists.

"Many times before 9-11, al-Qaida attacked America, and we took little action," the ad's narrator says. "But after 9-11, we struck back, destroying al-Qaida terrorists in Afghanistan and Iraq."

The ad is one of a growing number of independent advertising campaigns by advocacy groups that are weighing in with political messages that could influence the vote in November, and thus determine control of Congress.

The Progress for America ad does not mention any candidates, but its first statewide run Thursday was in Missouri, where Republican Sen. Jim Talent is facing a tough re-election challenge from Democrat Claire McCaskill. It doesn't even mention political parties, alluding only to "many (who) seem to have forgotten the evil that happened only five years ago."

The ad is scheduled to air for a week on broadcast television in the major markets of Kansas City, Mo., and St. Louis before moving on to other states, Progress for America spokesman Stuart Roy said. The ad is also running nationally on cable television.

In launching the ad, Progress for America enlisted the help of David Beamer, the father of Todd Beamer, one of the passengers on Flight 93 who tried to wrest the doomed Sept. 11 plane back from hijackers before it crashed in Pennsylvania.

"This enemy is not going to surrender," Beamer said. "The sacrifices that have been made and continue to be made are absolutely necessary."

Progress for America made its mark two years ago when it aired an ad, "Ashley's story," that depicted Bush hugging the daughter of Sept. 11 victim Wendy Faulkner. The group was the best financed Republican-oriented group in the 2004 campaign. Between January 2005 and July of this year, the group has raised nearly $4.7 million according to Internal Revenue Service records.

Meanwhile, a group aligned with former top Democratic officials aired an ad Thursday against Republican Rep. James Walsh of New York, who is in a close contest. Majority Action executive director Mark Longabaugh would not describe the cost of the ad, but Republicans estimated it at $80,000. The group also made a significantly smaller ad purchase against Rep. Deborah Pryce, R-Ohio, also in a tight race.

"Tell Congressman Walsh to stand up to Bush," a narrator says. "We need a smarter plan for national security that keeps us safe here at home."

Majority Action is an independent nonprofit organization whose leaders include former Democratic National Committee chairmen Joe Andrew and Don Fowler. The group has stepped up its fundraising this summer. It had raised $210,000 as of June 30, according to IRS records.

Longabaugh said the group was raising money from labor unions and trial lawyers. He said the group planned to run ads against other Republican incumbents in days to come, but would not say where.

Among other independent ads:

—The political action committee for the American Medical Association is spending more than $100,000 in television ads in Maryland to support Democratic Rep. Ben Cardin in his primary contest for U.S. Senate.

—The Democratic-leaning Public Campaign Action Fund is spending $20,000 to run 331 radio ads in rural southeast Ohio attacking scandal-scarred Rep. Bob Ney, R-Ohio, for a 2002 golfing trip he took to Scotland with disgraced lobbyist Jack Abramoff. Ney has dropped out of the race. A special election is Sept. 14 to replace him on the ballot.
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

LMFAO!!

Comment

• Warham
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Mar 2004

"would cut and run in the Middle East, leaving al-Qaida to attack us again."
      Some would, like that idiot out in Ohio.

Comment

• DEMON CUNT
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Warham
        Some would, like that idiot out in Ohio.
        This false statement is also a personal attack.
        Banned 01/09/09 | Avatar | Aiken | Spammy | Extreme | Pump | Regular | The View | Toot

Comment

• Warham
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DEMON CUNT
          This false statement is also a personal attack.
          Not if I'm referring to Dennis Kucinich.

Comment

• DEMON CUNT
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Nov 2004

Welcome to the neoccon double standard forum.
            Banned 01/09/09 | Avatar | Aiken | Spammy | Extreme | Pump | Regular | The View | Toot

Comment

• LoungeMachine
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jul 2004

Welcome to the neoccon double standard forum.

Learning To Lie should be under their avatars
              Originally posted by Kristy
              Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
              Originally posted by cadaverdog
              I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• DEMON CUNT
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Warham(R -Butthole)
                Not if I'm referring to Dennis Kucinich.
                The "cut and run" fable, perpetuated my neocons like you, is way to discredit the efforts of some Dems to minimize the damage in Iraq.

You display your limitations when you use this flawed rhetoric. This also shows your disregard for our troops.

You choose to politicize the issue in order to attack a democrat.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jul 2004

The "cut and run" fable, perpetuated my neocons like you, is way to discredit the efforts of some Dems to minimize the damage in Iraq.

You display your limitations when you use this flawed rhetoric. This also shows your disregard for our troops.

Both brilliant, and articulate......

and not a spot of feces or man ass to make WarPIG uncomfortable.

Well done.

Why DO you hate our troops so much, WarPIG?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Some chickenhawk orgs. would prefer us to spend and bleed in Iraq. Even though the "liberal media" at none other than the Pentagon is telling us things are getting worse, and Bush has no plan for victory.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                      Some chickenhawk orgs. would prefer us to spend and bleed in Iraq. Even though the "liberal media" at none other than the Pentagon is telling us things are getting worse, and Bush has no plan for victory.

The Pentagon is a bunch of troop hating Liberal PUSSIES

They WANT the terrorists to win.

They EMBOLDEN the terorists with their assessments.

The should be tried for treason, they give comfort and aid to the enemy by saying such things

Comment

• DEMON CUNT
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                        Both brilliant, and articulate......

and not a spot of feces or man ass to make WarPIG uncomfortable.

Well done.
                        Gosh, I'm blushing. Thank you.

This is usually where a red-assed Warhead falls out of the conversation. Maybe he'll suprise us with more silly comments.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jul 2004

Gosh, I'm blushing. Thank you.

This is usually where a red-assed Warhead falls out of the conversation. Maybe he'll suprise us with more silly comments.
                          No, he'll bolt to one of his many other mesaage boards where he posts as Learning To Fly

LMMFAO

Know this of Warpig, when he's beat, he immediately Cuts-N-Runs.....

Comment

• DEMON CUNT
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                            No, he'll bolt to one of his many other mesaage boards where he posts as Learning To Fly

LMMFAO

Know this of Warpig, when he's beat, he immediately Cuts-N-Runs...
                            Ha!

Learning to blow more like it!

Check your PM you neolib!

Comment

• Warham
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Mar 2004

No, he really wants to cut and run. Haven't you heard his nonsense?

Comment

Working...