PDA

View Full Version : Van halen, Gunners and Chilis

Jahuli
09-12-2006, 07:44 AM
Seems to me that Van halen and Gunners r both the closest theyve been 4 a long time to reuniting, with eddie not totally pissed at dave ( who cares about mike) and izzy playing on stage with axl, now imagine the 3 bands chilis halen and gunners being back together in the same space of time. say goodbye shit music say hello fuckin exciting times , if that happend id cream in my pants.

Llama
09-12-2006, 07:48 AM
If Van Halen were to reunite it would be one of the happiest days in the history of rock. There are 100s of bassists they could replace Michael with.

As For Gunners, Axl's a loose cannon and you never know whats gonna happen with him!

Jahuli
09-12-2006, 07:49 AM
yeah but axl is no longer fat, soon as he gets rid of the dreads, oh happy days

binnie
09-12-2006, 08:31 AM
There was a rumour that the Gunners were gonna reunite, but it got canned because part of the deal was the other memebers signiing all the rites over to Axl (that was last year)

However, I read an interview where Slash said that there wasn't enough money in the world to put him through a tour with Axl....

It's all smokescreen methinks.

But the Motley Crue reunion most have shown the suits the kind of cash that could be made...

WACF
09-13-2006, 01:50 AM
Van Halen with out Mike is just stupid.

Yeah, yeah I know...just the bass player but...the dude's vocals are part of the sound.

Besides...If Eddie is that much of a hatefull bitch fuck him.

binnie
09-13-2006, 04:40 AM
Originally posted by WACF

Yeah, yeah I know...just the bass player but...the dude's vocals are part of the sound.

My sentiments entirely!

DrMaddVibe
09-13-2006, 09:55 AM
Can you imagine getting a ticket to THAT!

Woo-HOO!

G n'R opens

RHCP gets the crowd whipped into a frenzy...

The MIGHTY Van Halen destroy the stage...

An encore with various members doing whatever jam they want to do.

That would be...PRICELESS!

Jérôme Frenchise
09-13-2006, 05:50 PM
I've never given a fuck about RHCP.
GnR, well... AR is such an asshole. Serves him right if the others keep turning their backs at him.

As for CVH reuniting, this is the proverbial "Arlesienne" here (we keep talking about it, but just never catch sight of it)...
If it had to happen without Anthony, I agree, I'm not sure at all that Ed could do the background alone. And whoever it would be on bass, I doubt whether he could sing half as good background vocals.
That said, I wouldn't mind if they really kept him OUT. :cool:

Tiki-Tom
09-13-2006, 09:21 PM
With Van Halen it's got to be all four
Hell, after all the shit they have put us fans thru it better be!!!!!!!!!!!
If not, then retire damnit.

As a bassist myself I have never been impressed with mikey's playing but as stated above, his voice needs to be there.

DrMaddVibe
09-13-2006, 10:37 PM
In a perfect world, yeah he'd be there.

All this talk about his voice though...how many have seen CVH live? Heard a bootleg of a show?

Really give it a listen. Still think he's got a great voice? The 1st time I saw them live, I thought that he was just screaming. The 2nd time...he was shreiking...out of key too! The 3rd time he was drunk out of his skull.

The last time I saw him was with Van Hagar on the Monsters of Rock tour at the Pontiac Silverdome. He had to carry some serious weight because, well, Spammy McGaygar ain't Van Halen! I knew that night that I was walking out on them as Van Hagar for good and not looking back. Then the VMA show debacle...then the BOBW shambles...now bassplayer wants to hitch his meal ticket to Spammy. Happy Trails!

bassplayer's role was in the studio playing what Eddie wrote for him. Oh, the first 2 records he was playing his own stuff, but you can tell after that that it was all Eddie's work. The icing on the cake or me is after all these years, if he's soooooo damn good...how come we don't have a solo effort? A decent jam band project? It's because he's really not that good. There are more than enough people that play the guitar here that will tell you this too! An open E-string thump isn't playing the bass! That's loitering!

Tiki-Tom
09-13-2006, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
In a perfect world, yeah he'd be there.

All this talk about his voice though...how many have seen CVH live? Heard a bootleg of a show?

Really give it a listen. Still think he's got a great voice?
Never said (or even thought) he had a good voice. What I did say is that his voice, good or bad, was a part of the CVH sound.

bassplayer's role was in the studio playing what Eddie wrote for him. Oh, the first 2 records he was playing his own stuff, but you can tell after that that it was all Eddie's work.

Once again, I don't think he's any good as a player. Actually, I don't think he was any better on the first two albums than he is now or ever was. As a player myself, I see no discernable difference between those records and the others.

An open E-string thump isn't playing the bass! That's loitering!

Precisely why I think he isn't any good, and that's looking at his playing through the eyes of a bassist, not a guitarist.

Tiki-Tom
09-13-2006, 11:44 PM
One more thing...there is a reason why VH didn't have a better bassist. EVH didn't want anybody (else!) stealing his spotlight. Had he been a real bass player and not a 'yes man', he'd have been gone a long time ago.