X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • slothrec
    Roth Army Recruit
    • Dec 2005

Michael Anthony Burn Magazine Interview

Does anybody out there have the recent Burn Magazine Interview with Michael Anthony where he supposedly reveals the true state of the band? I've been looking for the text online but...no dice..
  • binnie
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2006

I was looking for it too and had no luck....
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Cato
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

why do you guys care what that slut says?
      Don't notice most of my posts are less than 2 lines...

Fender Custom Shop Owners Club

Gibson Custom Shop Owners Club

Cato's YouTube Channel

Comment

• binnie
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2006

Originally posted by Cato
        I actaully don't, but anything that gives the slightest clue into what's happening in CVH is a plus.

Especially with both Ed and Dave hinting at a reuion recently.

But I'm not gonna lose sleep if I don't find it!
        The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• m_dixon1984
          Foot Soldier
          • Aug 2004

Blabbermouth has some translated excerpts from the March 2006 interview: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...wsitemID=49721

I couldn't find anything more recent.

M
          http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...rip10_full.jpg

Comment

• Matt White
            • Jun 2004

"I was not going to just sit home and do nothing and that kind of upset the VAN HALEN brothers for whatever reason I can't understand myself. But basically when this whole reunion thing started Ed really didn't want me to be part of it. I don't know how he was going to call it a reunion (laughs) but I basically had to work out a deal with Irving Azoff's management company in order to be part of this thing. I kind of sucked it up a bit and I made less money but the way I looked at it was, if this possibly was the last tour that VAN HALEN would ever do then I'd be kicking myself because I wasn't a part of it and I want to be a part of it, even more so than the money so I sucked it all up and came on and did it. I did it for the fans."

It's all aboot the fans/SHEEP

...there came a point to where we actually split it up and we traveled on two different jets; Eddie and Al would fly on one jet and Sammy and I would fly on another. This was only to keep the peace and that sucks just like anything else that even turns into a big business you know, sports or anything. A lot of times you almost lose the reason in the first place of why you got into doing it you know, making music and getting laid (laughs) and it all turns into big business. It got to the point to where I couldn't even see this thing going on much longer without either somebody blowing up on somebody or whatever. So Sammy finally said, 'I'm not doing any more dates because this is just not working.'

Yeah...right...5,000 people a night and they thought they'd tour the world....SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURE

"I would have thought that we would have been nominated, voted in and inducted the first year that we were eligible, which would have been like 3 years ago or something like that. But for whatever reasons they have, maybe a lot of the people that vote you in are looking at the drama that this band has gone through and figured well, they don't deserve it yet. I don't know, but that's the only thing that I can come up with. Other than that it's like I have no idea. But I tell you it would be one damn interesting show when they ask us to get together and play for the induction ceremony. I know Dave; he'll be there a week ahead of the show just waiting."

Hmmmm...think that NOT getting in is bugging the Sisters?!?DAMN STRAIGHT

I think and there was still magic with Dave too because I mean a lot that we did back then was really cutting edge from Ed's guitar playing to all these little clones that Dave spawned...they were all there because all these guys wanted to be him."

Tell 'em Bass Player...DAVID LEE ROTH IS VAN HALEN

Comment

• saint
              Foot Soldier
              • Feb 2004

On those new tunes with Dave:

"For the most part it was actually pretty good. I don't think Ed would ever let it out though. I've got some demo stuff at home, they didn't even really want me to take any stuff home but I ended up with some stuff at home anyway. I'd never do anything behind the other guys' backs with any of it so it'll just sit in my box in the archives and maybe one of my grandkids or grandkid's boyfriends will put something out one day (laughs) or steal it (laughs)."

maybe one of my grandkids or grandkid's boyfriends will put something out one day (laughs) or steal it (laughs)."

fornicate and populate you mother fucker
              http://web.telia.com/~u55014187/kor.gif

Comment

• saint
                Foot Soldier
                • Feb 2004

dbl post

Great server.......
                Last edited by saint; 09-15-2006, 01:41 PM.

Comment

• AJW
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by saint
                  On those new tunes with Dave:

"For the most part it was actually pretty good. I don't think Ed would ever let it out though. I've got some demo stuff at home, they didn't even really want me to take any stuff home but I ended up with some stuff at home anyway. I'd never do anything behind the other guys' backs with any of it so it'll just sit in my box in the archives and maybe one of my grandkids or grandkid's boyfriends will put something out one day (laughs) or steal it (laughs)."

maybe one of my grandkids or grandkid's boyfriends will put something out one day (laughs) or steal it (laughs)."

fornicate and populate you mother fucker
                  I love the jugs on the hottie in your little movie you have in your post.

Comment

• saint
                    Foot Soldier
                    • Feb 2004

The only reason I post here is to see her titts

Comment

• Panamark
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Ya know what, Dave has more rights to tour as "The other half" than the Bass player and Sammy.. But he obviously has more class than
                      that....
                      BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                      Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Cato
                        LOL!
                        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Plexi Head
                          Head Fluffer
                          • May 2005

Originally posted by AJW
                          I love the jugs on the hottie in your little movie you have in your post.
                          Aint that the truth.
                          "One mouthful of you will rot every tooth in my mouth you little sugar"

Comment

• chi-town324
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Feb 2007

cmon Ed....release some of those demos...

Comment

Foot Soldier
                              • Jun 2007

I have downloaded the whole interview, and its well worth reading( just try google search engine, and type in key words, michael Anthony, van Halen Burn magazine interview 2006) Mike reveals how thet tried on three occasions to make an album with Dave between 2000/2002. He reveals the 2004 Sammy reunion was never going to be anythting but a tour and 3 songs (which took ages to wrrite and record, through arguments).

Comment

Working...