Fair Warning LP just arrived in the mail!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rothdaddy
    Groupie
    • Sep 2004

Fair Warning LP just arrived in the mail!

I won an auction on Ebay for a Fair Warning LP. I opened up the package and was blown away by the artwork. I have the CD of Fair Warning, but to see the artwork on an actual album cover is fucking killer. The Queen-esque photo on the back of the album gave me a good chuckle. Anyway I placed the album on my parents stereo and cranked up the audio...what no movement? no sound? the fucking motor is dead. So I went to a storage closet and pulled out my Fisher-Price record player, which basically looks like a word processor from the outside. I am 24 years old, so this player has to be at least 20 years old. will it work? will my heart be broken twice in almost the same instant? I plugged in the record player, placed Fair Warning on the player and turned it on. record begins to spin. Mean Streets guitar intro kicks in. Wish I had a joint and bottle of jack!
  • Vinnie Velvet
    Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Re: Fair Warning LP just arrived in the mail!

Originally posted by rothdaddy
    I won an auction on Ebay for a Fair Warning LP. I opened up the package and was blown away by the artwork. I have the CD of Fair Warning, but to see the artwork on an actual album cover is fucking killer. The Queen-esque photo on the back of the album gave me a good chuckle. Anyway I placed the album on my parents stereo and cranked up the audio...what no movement? no sound? the fucking motor is dead. So I went to a storage closet and pulled out my Fisher-Price record player, which basically looks like a word processor from the outside. I am 24 years old, so this player has to be at least 20 years old. will it work? will my heart be broken twice in almost the same instant? I plugged in the record player, placed Fair Warning on the player and turned it on. record begins to spin. Mean Streets guitar intro kicks in. Wish I had a joint and bottle of jack!
    Cool!

There's nothing like listening to Classic VH on LP.
    Ive got VHII, WACF, and 1984 on record.
    =V V=
    ole No.1 The finest
    EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Cato
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

vinyls are kewl. I like their warm sound and those large artworks.
      they make me proud that I'm a music fan....
      Don't notice most of my posts are less than 2 lines...

Fender Custom Shop Owners Club

Gibson Custom Shop Owners Club

Cato's YouTube Channel

Comment

• Coyote
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Cato
        True dat.
        Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
        It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• Cato
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

the Warner Bros. released the remastered first 6 albums of VH a few years ago and those were grate.

next they should do it on vinyls too. I' sure the remastered VH LP's will sound much better!

Cato's YouTube Channel

Comment

• Cato
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

the Warner Bros. released the remastered first 6 albums of VH a few years ago and those were grate.

next they should do it on vinyls too.
            yeah Cato, I totally agree with you.

Cato's YouTube Channel

Comment

• EbDawson
              Veteran
              • Apr 2004

Re: Fair Warning LP just arrived in the mail!

Originally posted by rothdaddy
              I won an auction on Ebay for a Fair Warning LP.
              What did you pay for it, just out of curiousity? I think I still have all six LP's in storage, haven't looked at 'em in years.
              "If anyone came here hoping to hear Sammy Hagar Van Halen, there's the fucking door, man!" Ralph Saenz, Atomic Punks

"Carpe Mammarium"

Comment

• binnie
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2006

My sentiments entirely.

I like to here the crackle in between the songs - makes the albums feel more alive...
                The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• rothdaddy
                  Groupie
                  • Sep 2004

Yo Eb,

I paid $11.50 with shipping!

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                    ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

next they should do it on vinyls too. I' sure the remastered VH LP's will sound much better!
                    I still swear that as long as you have a needle that costs at least $1000, nothing sounds better.

The difference between a regular $100 or $50 needle and the expensive ones is remarkable.
                    sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Terry
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Saw a Fair Warning LP at the local cd/dvd/vhs/cassette/vinyl exchange place down here for about $5. One of the shopkeepers took the album out so I could check it out; not a scratch on it. Should have picked it up, but all I have is an old turntable/dual cassette combo with an old needle far as playing records goes...when I finally thought the better of it and went back a week later, it was gone.

Shit, I bought all those CVH albums on vinyl the first time around, then cassette, and it wasn't until about 2000 or so that I upgraded them all onto CD.

I love the way vinyl sounded.

I will scoop up a copy of the soundtrack to DeathWish 2 on vinyl if I ever find it, though. On the fucking spot. Would pay maybe $30 for a scratchless LP of that.
                      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• sethfle
                        Full On Cocktard
                        • Jan 2004

If anyone sees the DCC Half Speed Mastered vinyl copy of Van Halen I, definitely pick it up. It was $30.00 when I bought it 5 or 6 years ago, and was worth every penny. It's on 180 gram (I think) vinyl, and sounds fucking great. The CDs are shit in comparison with this.

Comment

• ace diamond
                          Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
                          Cool!

There's nothing like listening to Classic VH on LP.
                          Ive got VHII, WACF, and 1984 on record.
                          I STILL HAVE THE WHOLE CVH 6 PACK ON VINYL FROM WHEN I FIRST GOT THEM ALL BACK IN THE LATE 70'S AND EARLY 80'S.

LONG LIVE THE MIGHTY CVH!!!
                          Originally posted by hideyoursheep
                          When Hagar speaks, I want to cut off my ears and send them to Bristol Palin.
                          "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Comment

• The_KiD
                            Commando
                            • Jun 2005

Nice... Vinyl really is the best way to listen to classic VH... I used to have a fairly nice turntable just for older albums and really enoyed them much better than CDs..

Cheers,

KiD

Comment

• Loons The Great

Spin the black circle!!!

Nothin' but yeah!!!

Ize likes 'em ol' records nah yez yez YEZZAHH!!!!!!

Comment

Working...