X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

OMG! We're Doomed!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/co1_9lR9EpM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/co1_9lR9EpM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Good lord, the retards are going to fuck us all.
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Wait, there's more: http://www.jesuscampthemovie.com/

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I posted this clip in Hardrock's "Fuck the Muslims" rant thread, so I guess it's a dupe.

On the other hand, posting it a few times might wake up some of the Busheep around here, to the fact that religious fanatical terrorism isn't confined to one religion or one part of the world.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• LoungeMachine
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jul 2004

It deserves it's own thread......
        Originally posted by Kristy
        Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
        Originally posted by cadaverdog
        I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• m_dixon1984
          Foot Soldier
          • Aug 2004

Unfortunately for you americans it seems as though these evengelical movements are increasing at an alarming rate (at least in parts of your country). This particular report, though, showed them confined to their meeting places and attending rock concerts, rodeos, and skateboarding demonstrations. Not exactly the way fanatical religious terrorists in the middle-east show their displeasure. I understand that this could just be the start of something bigger and more ominous but please, FORD, I'm disappointed that you'd use this mostly harmless report to defend your normally well-defended conspiracy theories. You can do better. Sure it's disturbing but they aren't killing themselves over cartoons...oh, wait, if they did that it wouldn't be so bad.

It's not like they're killing Canadian soldiers who were handing out candy to children (To all Canadians: wear red on Fridays and show your support of our troops on their difficult mission).

M
          http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...rip10_full.jpg

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I guess you must have missed the kids dressed up in war paint and camoflauge chanting some "Apocalypse Now" type of bullshit, or the bitch who runs the camp saying "I wanna seem them laying down their lives for the Gospel like they do over in Pakistan, or Palestine...."

This ain't vacation bible school, this is extremist indoctrination. And it's fucking child abuse besides.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• m_dixon1984
              Foot Soldier
              • Aug 2004

But it's contained...for now. Your linking it to what extremists in the middle-east are doing is weak. In fact, I was insulted. I have some faith that by the time these kids are adults they've become more moderate, their numbers have dropped, and that they've found reasonable ways to show their displeasure. They are still a long way from strapping bombs to themselves and walking into abortion clinics. It may just as well lead to some increased civil disobedience and horror-of-horrors dedicated and committed political lobbying.

The report shows something sick, twisted, disturbing and possibly illegal but I still have a hard time comparing it to anything I've seen in the middle-east. There's no harm in showing it so people out there are educated but to associate it with any fanatical religious terrorism is still a pretty big stretch. This video didn't surprise me though because reports of the increased popularity of evangelical Christianity have been around now for a good 5 years, if not 10. Seeing what its evolving into is just slightly alarming.

M

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2004

Don't worry, in a few years these kids will rebel and either lead normal live or join some radical fringe political element.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by m_dixon1984
                  Unfortunately for you americans it seems as though these evengelical movements are increasing at an alarming rate (at least in parts of your country). This particular report, though, showed them confined to their meeting places and attending rock concerts, rodeos, and skateboarding demonstrations. Not exactly the way fanatical religious terrorists in the middle-east show their displeasure. I understand that this could just be the start of something bigger and more ominous but please, FORD, I'm disappointed that you'd use this mostly harmless report to defend your normally well-defended conspiracy theories. You can do better. Sure it's disturbing but they aren't killing themselves over cartoons...oh, wait, if they did that it wouldn't be so bad.

It's not like they're killing Canadian soldiers who were handing out candy to children (To all Canadians: wear red on Fridays and show your support of our troops on their difficult mission).

M
                  Who said anything about them becoming fanatical terrorists? Though it's interesting that you picked up on and mentioned that theme, which seems to be the idea that the only way to respond to mindless medieval-mentalidad fanatics in to become just like them. It's like some Christians have a form of "penis-envy" of a sort. Like they actually admire pseudo-religionists that die for silly superstitious literalist interpretations. Most suicide bombers a teens or tweens, easily manipulated because they've been taught bullshit since birth.

I'm more worried about dealing with them as brainwashed, retarded adults incapable of rational discussion based on facts and logic, and only capable of limited thought based on some preprogrammed dogma that is largely a lie. This kind of myopic, anti-science, anti-rational thinking, this Hitler Youth camp, is a threat to democracy.

It's just another cult. This is how terrorists truly "win." Not by carrying out terror attacks, but by successfully bringing down another society to their level.
                  Last edited by Nickdfresh; 09-20-2006, 07:52 AM.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

But it's contained...for now. Your linking it to what extremists in the middle-east are doing is weak. In fact, I was insulted. I have some faith that by the time these kids are adults they've become more moderate, their numbers have dropped, and that they've found reasonable ways to show their displeasure. They are still a long way from strapping bombs to themselves and walking into abortion clinics. It may just as well lead to some increased civil disobedience and horror-of-horrors dedicated and committed political lobbying.

The report shows something sick, twisted, disturbing and possibly illegal but I still have a hard time comparing it to anything I've seen in the middle-east. There's no harm in showing it so people out there are educated but to associate it with any fanatical religious terrorism is still a pretty big stretch. This video didn't surprise me though because reports of the increased popularity of evangelical Christianity have been around now for a good 5 years, if not 10. Seeing what its evolving into is just slightly alarming.

M
                    Actually, it just leads to more ignorance and stupidity. Because a number of these kids will only attend a separate literalist education in which they will never challenge or question the presupposed ideas they been indoctrinated with, or develop a capacity for free thinking, critical thought. It's no different from the techniques of fascism or communism.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by BITEYOASS
                      Don't worry, in a few years these kids will rebel and either lead normal live or join some radical fringe political element.
                      Yeah.

The Republican Party
                      Originally posted by Kristy
                      Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                      Originally posted by cadaverdog
                      I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• EAT MY ASSHOLE
                        Veteran
                        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                        Yeah.

The Republican Party
                        Hah! Not bad!!!
                        RIM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                          Yeah.

The Republican Party
                          Well that's not what I meant. I should have said, they'll leave the church and abandon their families once they realize all of the BS they've been fed. Growing up either to be normal rebels, reformists, crazy sexoholics or protestors at the next WTO summit. And I mean that in a good way.

Comment

• m_dixon1984
                            Foot Soldier
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                            Who said anything about them becoming fanatical terrorists? Though it's interesting that you picked up on and mentioned that theme, which seems to be the idea that the only way to respond to mindless medieval-mentalidad fanatics in to become just like them. It's like some Christians have a form of "penis-envy" of a sort. Like they actually admire pseudo-religionists that die for silly superstitious literalist interpretations. Most suicide bombers a teens or tweens, easily manipulated because they've been taught bullshit since birth.

I'm more worried about dealing with them as brainwashed, retarded adults incapable of rational discussion based on facts and logic, and only capable of limited thought based on some preprogrammed dogma that is largely a lie. This kind of myopic, anti-science, anti-rational thinking, this Hitler Youth camp, is a threat to democracy.

It's just another cult. This is how terrorists truly "win." Not by carrying out terror attacks, but by successfully bringing down another society to their level.
                            "Who said anything about them becoming fanatical terrorists?"

FORD essentially did in his first post by saying that "religious fanatical terrorism isn't confined to one religion or one part of the world."

Well, from my perspective most religious groups are in the business of brainwashing their members and what we saw in the video is just a natural progression of what has been happening in the evangelical movement for years. Sure, recent events have made their indoctrination techniques more militant but we still live in a society where taking radical militant action is most certainly discouraged. The future for these kids is not necessarily the same as it is for Hezbollah or Taliban youth (or any other child being brought up in a radical and militant Islamic society). Our societies will have a moderating effect on these fringe Christian groups and the end result isn't likely to be anything more than the survival of the Republican party (unfortunaltely for humanity).

Discouraging and depressing? Absolutely!! But I'm not sure it's spreading enough for us to say that our societies are being brought down to "their level". Maybe the US is feeling this more but in Canada these groups aren't really making a lot of headway and they really aren't seeing a lot of growth, especially here in the east (where 70% of the population lives).

Can't disagree with much of what you say Nick, in fact I agree with almost everything, I'm just not convinced that a comparison can be made with what is happening in some Islamic areas. Ordinarily I just ignore these Christian nut-jobs and any press they get.

M

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Maybe the US is feeling this more but in Canada these groups aren't really making a lot of headway and they really aren't seeing a lot of growth, especially here in the east (where 70% of the population lives).

That's what you say now, and it might be true enough historically.

But I wouldn't be surprised if this type of "movement" was growing in Canada also. Would Stephen Harper had a chance in Hell of being elected 20 years ago?

Somebody voted for him. I expect a lot of them were people who would consider this "church" a positive ideal.
                              Last edited by FORD; 09-20-2006, 12:18 PM.
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...