• Show
Clear All
  • ThrillsNSpills
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

Aerosmith's Steven Tyler secretly battling Hepatitis C

Link

Steven Tyler's Secret Hepatitis Battle

Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler has secretly been battling hepatitis C, but he is finally ready to raise awareness of the dangerous disease.

Hepatitis C, a viral infection of the blood that can lead to liver disease.

Tyler announced he is slowly getting better after a year of interferon treatments, which strengthen the immune system.

He tells the New York Daily News, "It is nonexistent in my bloodstream, where it's like a complete cure. I've had hepatitis C for a long time, asymptomatic. I've been pretty quiet about this.

"The band took a break about three years ago. (My doctor) said now is the time, and it's 11 months of chemotherapy (interferon) so I went on that, and it about killed me.

"Hepatitis C is the one that, of all the people in this room, at least three have it and don't know it. It's the silent killer. I may go on Oprah and talk about this. I hope you don't mind me mentioning that."
  • Terry
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Thought Hepatitis C was eventually fatal, no matter what type of or how much treatment one receives...

If Tyler is gonna go on Oprah, let's hope I'm right.

Fuckin' hell, Tyler on Winfrey sounds like the first sign of the apocalypse to me.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Ellyllions
      Veteran
      • Mar 2006

Tyler was on "Two and a half men" last night and he was HILARIOUS. He and Charlie Sheen put on a GREAT show.

I've always liked Tyler, but honestly he looked way creepy. Androgynous much....little dog on his arm.....
      "If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace." - Hamilton Fish

Comment

• binnie
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2006

The amount of drugs and pussy he's had, hardly surprising!

Hope he recovers, but I also thought that it was eventually fatal.

That been said, he had more fun in one week in th late 70's than I'll ever have!

An absolute Rock God!!!
        The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Jimmy Jingles
          Veteran
          • Mar 2004

Grate News!

23. That's the number of people Mr. T has pitied in the time it has taken you to read this sentence.

Comment

• Unchainme
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Apr 2005

I hope the guy is alright..The dude is a legend..No amount of doing wuss ballads can destroy his 70's work IMO..
            Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

Working...