Clear All
  • LoungeMachine
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

White House Spokesmonkey Snow to Campaign for RePukes

Bush spokesman Snow to raise money for Republicans
    Reuters
    Wednesday, September 27, 2006; 6:46 PM

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - White House press secretary Tony Snow is taking his made-for-TV style onto the campaign trail to raise money for Republican candidates, an unusual role for a president's chief spokesman.

The decision to dispatch Snow, a former Fox News commentator and conservative radio host who has brought a touch of star quality to the White House briefing room, could signal growing Republican worries over losing control of the U.S. Congress in November.

Snow, in demand on the political circuit since his appointment five months ago, believes he may be the first presidential press secretary to take on such a task, but says he is doing it with President George W. Bush's blessing.

"I was approached by the (White House) political office saying that, 'We've got a lot of inquiries and a lot of people would like you to do this. Would you do it?"' Snow told reporters. "I think it's unplowed ground."

After deciding there were no ethical problems, he agreed to headline a series of fund-raisers for Republican candidates as their party scrambles to keep its grip on Congress in the face of a strong Democratic challenge. He has appearances in coming weeks in his hometown of Cincinnati and in northern Kentucky.

Snow said some events would be closed to the press, prompting journalists to question whether that was consistent with his role as the president's chief communicator.

He insisted he would steer clear of partisan attacks and the Republican Party would pay for his campaign travel.

"These are not going to be speeches where I go out and start railing against Democrats," Snow said.

After a broadcast career in which he sometimes criticized Bush, Snow has become a staunch defender. Tall and telegenic, Snow, 51, has seemed unflappable in daily exchanges with the White House press corps.

Originally posted by Kristy
    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
    Originally posted by cadaverdog
    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?
  • LoungeMachine
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

<marquee speed=300 direction=right>Any comments Neo Cons?</marquee>
    Originally posted by Kristy
    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
    Originally posted by cadaverdog
    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

Working...