Clear All
  • LoungeMachine
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

Iraqi Police fall sick, die from Food Poisoning

Associated Press
    Hundreds of Iraq Police Fall Ill at Meal
    By QASSIM ABDUL-ZAHRA , 10.08.2006, 07:30 PM

Hundreds of Iraqi policemen fell sick from poisoning Sunday at a base in southern Iraq after the evening meal breaking their daily Ramadan fast, and officials said they were investigating whether the poisoning was intentional.

An official with the Environment Ministry said 11 policemen had died. However, the governor of Wasit province - where the poisoning took place - denied any deaths, though he said some of the victims were in critical condition. There was no immediate explanation for the contradictory reports.

Some of the policemen began bleeding from the ears and nose after the meal, said Jassim al-Atwan, an inspector for the Environment Ministry, who was serving as a liaison in the investigation between the Health Ministry and the base, located in the town of Numaniyah.

"Hundreds of soldiers were poisoned after taking food and water in the iftar," Wasit Gov. Hamad al-Latif told the Associated Press, referring to the meal that breaks the sunrise-to-sunset fast during the Islamic holy month. "Investigations are under way to determine the cause."

Samples of the food and water were being tested "to determine the substance in them" and will be sent to Baghdad for further tests, al-Latif said.

Sunni insurgents who have targeted police and military forces with bombings and shootings have not been known to use poisoning as a weapon. But the suddenness and severity of the sickness raised speculation that the incident could be a new attack. The division is mainly made up of Shiites.

Between 600-700 policemen were affected to varying degrees, and 11 who had the heaviest amount of the food had died, al-Atwan told The Associated Press.

Some of the soldiers collapsed as soon as they stood up from them meal, others fell "one after the other" as they headed out to the yard in the base to line up in formation, al-Atwan said.

Iraqi ambulances and helicopters sent by the U.S. military rushed the policemen to hospitals in Numaniyah and the nearby city of Kut.

The afflicted policemen belonged to the 4th Division of the National Police, nicknamed the "Karrar" Division, after a title of Imam Ali, the most revered Shiite saint.

The division normally operates around the town of Salman Pak on the southeastern outskirts of Baghdad - an area of intense Shiite-Sunni killings. The division was sent to the base in Numaniyah, 60 miles southeast of the capital, for further training.

Al-Latif said food and water at the base are provided by an Australian contractor working through Iraqi subcontractors. He did not identify the Australian firm.
    Originally posted by Kristy
    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
    Originally posted by cadaverdog
    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Bleeding from the ears and the nose, huh?

Kinda like Ariel Sharon was.....

Any Mossad "chefs" in the area?
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• DEMON CUNT
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Nov 2004

Holy shit, time to buy some Halliburton stock!
      Banned 01/09/09 | Avatar | Aiken | Spammy | Extreme | Pump | Regular | The View | Toot

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I actually know a guy with stock in Halliburton, be bought it well before the War though...

Comment

• LoungeMachine
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
          I actually know a guy with stock in Halliburton, be bought it well before the War though...

Well, he must know Big Train then

Comment

• WACF
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jan 2004

Poison can cause bleeding from the ears???

I did not know that.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by WACF

I did not know that.

Yes they can.

Especially when CC took a solo....

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                Yes they can.

Like this one, that got him booted from the band.....

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/loSsQCN-Jxk"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/loSsQCN-Jxk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• scamper
                  Commando
                  • May 2005

Yes they can.

Funny shit

Comment

• WACF
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jan 2004

LOL...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by FORD

Like this one, that got him booted from the band.....

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/loSsQCN-Jxk"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/loSsQCN-Jxk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
                      Jesus, he must be fucking tone-deaf!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by WACF

I did not know that.
                        Now that I've thought about it, certain biological (bacteria/viruses) agents can cause massive bleeding from orifices, like the Ebola virus did.

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

Yes they can.

Hilarious, bro
                          ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                          Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                            Jesus, he must be fucking tone-deaf!
                            I always hated CC Deville and I remember cringing when I saw that performance live on MTV...

But putting it into some perspective, It's no worse than anything Edward did on the 2004 reunion tour...

Comment

Working...