X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

Holy Krap! Farrah Fawcett: I DO Have the Big C

Cancer victim Farrah Fawcett has vowed to beat the disease with a full recovery.

The former Charlie's Angels star, 59, confirmed speculation earlier this week she has been diagnosed with cancer and is currently undergoing radiation treatment.

Unconfirmed reports suggest it affects the intestine.

But the brave actress is convinced her optimism will see her through the difficult times ahead.

She says, "I am determined to bite the bullet and fight the fight while going through the next six weeks of cutting edge, state-of-the-art treatment.

"I should be able to return to my life as it was before.

"I deeply believe in one's own positive will to overcome even the most daunting challenges."

Fawcett's devastating diagnosis came after the star's appearance on August 27th at the Emmy Awards, where she was reunited with former co-stars Jaclyn Smith and Kate Jackson during a tribute to TV producing legend Aaron Spelling.

• Ally_Kat
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Optimism and positivity plays a huge role. If you set strong in your mind that you can pull thru it, your body will most of the time will fight it.
    Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Bob_R
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

She'll pull through. After all, she's an Angel.
      Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• binnie
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2006

One of the best lookers of all time - hope she gets well....
        The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Hardrock69
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Feb 2005

Comment

• Baby's On Fire
            Veteran
            • May 2004

Originally posted by Ally_Kat
            Optimism and positivity plays a huge role. If you set strong in your mind that you can pull thru it, your body will most of the time will fight it.
            No it won't. The only cure for cancer is nutrition.

Drugs and chemotherapy only work to make drug companies rich.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
              Hardrock, I can understand the whys of the hair on bottom left.

:p
              posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
              posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Baby's On Fire

Who told you that ??

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

Too bad..

She was recently on the Shatner roast on Comedy Central....

Still a gorgeous woman at 59 years old...
                  Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Bob_R
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                    Excellent pic.

Too bad that www.movieman.com website is dead.
                    Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• Ally_Kat
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Baby's On Fire

Optimism and positivity IS a huge deal no matter what treatment you are using in the battle. If you keep a positive outlook that you can overcome this, that this isn't it, or that you are not a goner -- and you keep it strong within you -- you will pull through some amazing shit. But it all depends if your positivity keeps your will to win and live strong.

It's when you give up hope, when you give up emotionally, that your body starts slipping even faster than it may be, when it stops fighting as hard as it may be.

And don't fucking tell me it doesn't because you don't know what I've seen and been thru.
                      Last edited by Ally_Kat; 10-10-2006, 10:38 PM.
                      Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

You hear a lot of people say that but you never hear the reverse.

Everyone that dies of cancer which is what 30% of the population just didn't fight hard enough? They didn't give a fuck. They just were fucking lazy COWARDLY cunts...
                        Last edited by Seshmeister; 10-10-2006, 10:52 PM.

Comment

• Ally_Kat
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                          You hear a lot of people say that but you never hear the reverse.

Everyone that dies of cancer which is what 30% of the population just didn't fight hard enough? They didn't give a fuck. They just were fucking lazy COWARDLY cunts...
                          Yeah, because that's what I fucking said Because I'm calling my dad who just died a "fucking lazy COWARDLY cunt"

Not everyone is going to beat cancer. It's a vicious disease. Some treatments are even harsher. But a huge thing for cancer patients is keeping a good outlook.

You know what had him coming back time after time when the docs would whisper to us that he wouldn't make it? You know what had him holding on a year after he was suppose to be gone? He had the strongest outlook that he would get better. It wasn't til a doc he was transfered to with the attitude you guys are having told him and broke his spirit that he had cancer and he'd die and he needs to just accept it and get it over with. His kidneys shut down later that evening. And before that, you could see he gave up.

Almost everyone in my family is getting cancer. I've accepted it as my possible future. And I know that if it shall come ot my door, I will not let it defeat my spirit, because no matter what, your mind and your attitude play a huge part in your recovery.

But yeah, shit on that. Not like I would know, right? I'm fucking tired of you cuntbags.
                          Last edited by Ally_Kat; 10-10-2006, 11:13 PM.
                          Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I don't know whether you would know one way or the other.

Most people have some contact with cancer through their family.

I just think it's a tiresome mildy offensive speil that gets trotted out every time someone gets cancer especially someone in the public eye.

By implication when you get all the key words like brave, fight, optimism and positive attitude then it implies that the people that die were cowardly, didn't fight. were pessimistic and negative.

In actuality of course it's all about the particular cancer, how early it was caught and the medical treatment administered.

Comment

• Ally_Kat
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister

I just think it's a tiresome mildy offensive speil that gets trotted out every time someone gets cancer especially someone in the public eye.

By implication when you get all the key words like brave, fight, optimism and positive attitude then it implies that the people that die were cowardly, didn't fight. were pessimistic and negative.

Spend the time I did in a cancer ward. You'll change that attitude.
                              Roth Army Militia

Comment

Working...