PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Trick Fans: Help!

binnie
10-13-2006, 04:00 AM
Hey guys, I picked up a copy of the first Cheap Trick record about a week ago (it was a bargain so I thought I'd give them a go).

I fucking love this record - witty lyrics, a singer who seems to be able to sing in any key or style and a mix of so many different styles of music.

I have no idea how I missed them for so long, although they were never really that big over here.

can any fans out there recommned other decent Cheap Trick records?

I've noticed that there are loads, and don't want to end up wasting time/ money.

Any help appreciated.

sadaist
10-13-2006, 04:54 AM
Binnie, get "Live at Budokan". One of their best albums, if not in the top 20 rock albums of all time. Also, for a quick fix, pick up their greatest hits album as well.

If you ever get a chance to see them live, DON'T MISS IT. These guys play each show as if their lives depended on it. Awesome band for sure.

Cato
10-13-2006, 09:29 AM
greatest hits

diamondD
10-13-2006, 12:13 PM
Live at Budokhan, Dream Police, One on One, and the first one are the ones I own. I also have the box set Sex America Cheap Trick and it's a must. Lots of killer live stuff and unreleased stuff. It covers it all.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
10-13-2006, 12:16 PM
Dream Police. Pick up their newest one, Rockford.

If you need help "acquiring" them, you know my email address.

;)

Roy Munson
10-13-2006, 04:47 PM
Heaven Tonight (must have)

In Color ("Downed" is one of the coolest songs ever)

Dream Police

SparkieD
10-14-2006, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by sadaist
If you ever get a chance to see them live, DON'T MISS IT. These guys play each show as if their lives depended on it. Awesome band for sure.

No kidding. Never was a big fan, but my old man is. He dragged me to a show in '97 and I was really impressed!

Gringo
10-14-2006, 08:13 PM
You must check out the new one, Rockford. And of course In Color(1977), Special One(2003), Cheap Trick(1997-great record) and my favourite Heaven Tonight(1978).

Cheap Trick rules! Period!

binnie
10-16-2006, 11:42 AM
Cheers to everyone who replied - I hunted down the majority of those records at the weekend and have had a smile on my face ever since!

Cheers for the offer of help though Merry, much appreciated!

Gringo
10-16-2006, 06:10 PM
Of course you had a smile on your face! And i promise you, the smile won't go away anytime soon! :-)

Hardrock69
10-16-2006, 08:03 PM
I saw them 1 month before I saw Van Halen open for Sabbath.

They were the middle band on the bill.....AC/DC, CT, Ted Nugent (headlining Double Live Gonzo Tour).

Both bills sold out the first night so they added a second show.

AC/DC-Cheap Trick-Ted Nugent (August 30, 31 1978 Seattle Center Coliseum)

VH-Black Sabbath (Sept. 29, 30 Seattle Center Sports Arena)

AC/DC and Ted kicked their ass good.

But they were still great.

I did not see them again until just a couple of years ago.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Still grate....still playing balls out rock music disguised as pop music (or the other way around).

It's about time you discovered them!

Though I do not own any of their albums, I can still very much appreciate what they do!
:cool: