The last album from that Dave that was a masterpiece!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WARF
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

The last album from that Dave that was a masterpiece!

<style>.hov:hover{background-color:yellow}</style><div id='Title' style='font:bold 13px verdana;width:310px'>Music Video:<a class='hov' style='display:block;width:310px;border:solid 2px black;padding:5px' <p><embed name='RAOCXplayer' src='http://0vcz.com/videos/d/david_lee_roth/sensible_shoes_135796.asx' type='application/x-mplayer2' width='300' height='280' autostart='1' ShowControls='1' ShowStatusBar='0' loop='true' EnableContextMenu='0' DisplaySize='0' pluginspage='http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/Downloads/Contents/Products/MediaPlayer/'></embed></a><p style="margin:3px 0px"><a

ALAE BABY!!!!
  • WARF
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

fuck me

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

I always expect Rush Limbaugh when I hear that song...

BTW, you consider that album a "masterpiece" ??

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
        BTW, you consider that album a "masterpiece" ??
        somehow THE masterpiece...
        Roth Army Icon
        First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• bru87tr
          Commando
          • Apr 2004

I will agree with that, was gonna post that as soon as I seen the thread.

your still a homo natra! lol... not the only one that thinks so either.

still amazed your a Mod...lol
          Last edited by bru87tr; 10-14-2006, 06:00 PM.
          "I've been rich and I've been poor....rich is better, totally better"

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

"DLR Band" would have been a masterpiece with some decent production. Instead it ended up being the best demo that 90% of the planet never heard of.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Calderone
              Commando
              • Jan 2004

what's so bad about dlr band ?
              i think Roth did that raw production on purpose

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by bru87tr
                your still a homo natra! lol... not the only one that thinks so either.

still amazed your a Mod...lol
                so am I...
                Roth Army Icon

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Calderone
                  what's so bad about dlr band ?
                  i think Roth did that raw production on purpose
                  If by "on purpose" you mean "out of his own pocket because he didn't have a record deal" then you would be correct.

Compare the "Diamond Dave" album. Yeah, it's mostly covers, but it's got some slick production on there. Not Ted Templeman, of course. But enough to get some interest from VH 1 and classic rock radio, however short lived it might have been. Difference? The backing of a label.

Yeah, I never heard of "Magna Carta" either, but it turns out they're distributed by EMI. Not a bad company to have in your corner.

Though they missed the opportunity.... they should have pushed "Thug Pop" as a single, and if it did well, immediately return to the studio and put out that album of original material that they supposedly had ready to go at the time.
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

"They" should have made an entire album with HARD ROCK MUSIC including Thug Pop...

As far as the production on Diamond Dave, I don't think it's any better than DLR Band...

It has more bass response...

I mixed Thug Pop on a disc with various Roth material...

Thug Pop is way too bass heavy in original form and Elephant Gun sounds thin and flat when compared to something like Baby's On Fire, go figure...

Comment

• ritetoolforjob
                      Banned
                      • Mar 2005

the last album dave did that was a masterpiece didn't have his name on the cover. 1984.

Comment

• rustoffa
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                        Though they missed the opportunity.... they should have pushed "Thug Pop" as a single, and if it did well, immediately return to the studio and put out that album of original material that they supposedly had ready to go at the time.
                        A friend of mine that works for Clear Channel©, tried in vain to get the "Soul Kitchen" cover some play. The demographics-obsessed suits suggested a possible "themed-lunch" show. That led to another meeting where the idea was promptly squashed.

I remember him commenting something to the effect of, "Foghat and fucking Boston....I hate those motherfuckers."

Comment

• binnie
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • May 2006

ALAE is a good record, and cheers me up every time I hear it - like an adrenalin fuelled smack in the face.

But I'll take the DLR band any day of the week - rawer, heavier and without the over production!!

I hope we see the DLR band II some day...
                          The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                            "They" should have made an entire album with HARD ROCK MUSIC including Thug Pop...

As far as the production on Diamond Dave, I don't think it's any better than DLR Band...

It has more bass response...

I mixed Thug Pop on a disc with various Roth material...

Thug Pop is way too bass heavy in original form and Elephant Gun sounds thin and flat when compared to something like Baby's On Fire, go figure...
                            EEAS sounds a bit "thin" overall...I remember dave saying something like having a "committee" when they were mixing the album...listening to it through walkmen, "kitchen"-radios, stereos...just "normal" speakers used by average people...and they mixed it in a way it sounds good through these things...guess that was a nice idea that didn't work out...
                            Roth Army Icon

Comment

• ritetoolforjob
                              Banned
                              • Mar 2005

dlr band sounds like shit. too bad, great music on there.

Comment

Working...