Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

John Asscrotch admits.... "I'm an Unkind, Selfish Sinner"

'NYT' Sunday Preview: John Ashcroft Admits He is a 'Sinner'

By E&P Staff

Published: October 12, 2006 3:50 PM ET updated 5:00 PM ET

NEW YORK For her Q and A column in The New York Times Magazine, Deborah Solomon has coaxed some frank and/or revealing responses from leading politicians, bloggers, authors and even Warren Beatty, and this coming Sunday’s session with former U.S. Attorney General (and singer/songwriter) John Ashcroft is no different. He's the author of a new book, "Never Again."

Defending the president’s policy on torture, he says, “I think there is a very sound argument for saying that those who violate the Geneva Conventions should not benefit from its provisions.” When Solomon reminds him that that the U.S. stands for rights for all, he answers, “Well, we have guaranteed many rights to the prisoners.”

Speaking of which: Ashcroft reveals that his artistic leanings go beyond music. He also makes “barbed-wire sculpture,” he says (you can't make this stuff up).

Ashcroft also suggests the American Civil Liberties Union opposed the Patriot Act partly to make money and add members.

Elsewhere, Ashcroft, a leading evangelical, admits he is a sinner, explaining, “I’m unkind on occasion, and I am selfish.” He’s an active
    Christian “because I am not good, because I need help.” Ask about specific “sins,” Ashcroft says he has “never had a mixed drink,” never smoked a cigarette, and if tempted by another woman he would immediately call “my wife.”

At the interview's close, Ashcroft makes this plea: “I just hope that in meeting people, they’ll understand that I am not as bad as they thought I was.”

This week’s issue of the magazine features a cover story on anti-immigrant politics by former Times’ executive editor Joseph Lelyveld.

E&P Staff

Link

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z91EMFz7j7g"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z91EMFz7j7g" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Did he explain how he happened to mention why he never again took a commercial flight after the terror threat went haywire in June or July of 2001?

Then promptly and actively ignored said threat...

Comment

• DEMON CUNT
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Nov 2004

Where the fuck can I get an mp3 of that precious song!
      Banned 01/09/09 | Avatar | Aiken | Spammy | Extreme | Pump | Regular | The View | Toot

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by DEMON CUNT
        Where the fuck can I get an mp3 of that precious song!
        Right here.

It's a special pirated bootleg that's been circulating on the underground.

Comment

• DEMON CUNT
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
          Right here.

It's a special pirated bootleg that's been circulating on the underground.
          Fantastic! Thank you.

This is one of my favorite scenes from Fahrenheit 911. Cracks me up every time.

Do you think Warhead finds this arousing?
          Banned 01/09/09 | Avatar | Aiken | Spammy | Extreme | Pump | Regular | The View | Toot

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

He probably does his "Jazzerciseâ„¢" and Thighmaster to it daily!

Comment

Working...