There's a "new Sherriff" in talk radio town: Nova M Radio!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

There's a "new Sherriff" in talk radio town: Nova M Radio!!

We the People,

It is with great excitement and optimism that I announce today the formation of a new progressive talk radio network. Myself along with my partners, Anita and Sheldon Drobny; the original cofounders of the Air America Radio Network, want to be the first to tell all you “truth seekers” that the original truth seeker himself Mike Malloy will be born again live on the public airwaves. The planned second coming (barring any apocalypse) is scheduled for October 30, 2006.

The Mike Malloy Show will initially broadcast live, from 9PM -12 Midnight (EST) on Nova M Radio affiliates 1480-AM KPHX Phoenix.

In addition, I’m equally excited to announce our strategic partnership with Joe Trippi and associates. Joe Trippi revolutionized electoral politics in America with his instrumental role in Howard Dean’s 2004 presidential campaign, raising over $40 million in small donor contributions over the internet. Joe created a new paradigm in how campaigns locally and nationally are conducted by leveraging the scope and breadth of innovative internet-based technologies and digital tools. Joe and his team will help us reach out to millions of us who share common values and common goals.

Also joining our team will be internationally renowned pollster John Zogby, President and CEO of Zogby International. John will be co-hosting a weekly one hour show, “The Pulse of the Nation” where John polls particular hot button issues from politics and pop culture to the War in Iraq and stem cell research. Each program will include expert guests and audience participation. At the end of each show John will reveal the secret results of the poll and each listener will then know whether or not they have their finger on “The Pulse of the Nation”!

We will continue to build upon the foundation laid by our predecessors and will work tirelessly to fulfill our fiduciary responsibilities to our investors. Equally important, we will with the millions of faithful progressive listeners uphold our vision to promote freedom, social justice, economic justice and peace worldwide.

We have many more exciting announcements to make; new talent, name of new network and so on. So stay tuned and keep up to date at our web site, www.novamradio.com ! And as always, from the bottom of my bleeding liberal heart, God Bless America!

In Solidarity,

Mike Newcomb, MD
    CEO & Chairman, Nova M Radio, Inc.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

LMAO!

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Don't laugh so soon.

NovaM is the team that successfully raised Air America's Phoenix market from the dead after a right wing "Christian" ( ) group engineered a hostile takeover of the previous affiliate.

And with Joe Trippi, John Zogby, and Mike Malloy already on board, that's one Hell of a formidable team so far.

The majority of AAR affiliates were overwhelmed by the response to AAR's shafting of Mike Malloy and they will probably jump at the chance to put Mike back on the air, especially given the fact that the AAR replacement is so fucking weak (and DLC controlled) that the affiliates aren't carrying him anyway.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Also, a potential XM deal is already in the works.

I'm sure Mike will have more to say next week when he fills in for Springer.
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

Springer is the only thing worth listening to on Air-Anon and I've heard rumors of him cutting ties with them...

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
            Springer is the only thing worth listening to on Air-Anon and I've heard rumors of him cutting ties with them...
            They demoted him to syndication status and gave Sam Seder the network slot. Seder's a better morning show host, so that was a good move on their part. About the only one that AAR made in recent months.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

Hmmm...

I don't know who that is...

I think Springer is or was good though...

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                Hmmm...

I don't know who that is...

I think Springer is or was good though...
                Sam Seder used to host "The Majority Report" with Janeane Garafolo in the 7 - 10 PM (EST) slot. When AAR first launched in 2004, Janeane was the star and Sam the sidekick, but her "extended absences" to star on the West Wing, left Sam on his own, and he grew into the part, and not only carried the show on his own, but built enough of an audience to win himself the "promotion" of a morning show.

He also was the first AAR host to criticize his bosses on the air for what they did to Mike Malloy which I respect him a lot for, considering the conspicuous silence of others on the network.
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

Hmmm...

Maybe I do know who he is...

But what "they did" to Malloy ??

Yeah right...

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

More info emerging from NovaM.... A few weeks ago on one of his many "surprise guest appearances" around the radio dial, Mike Malloy indicated that efforts were being made to reorganize Air America and save it from bankruptcy. He didn't mention any names, but I figured it was a case of Sheldon & Anita Drobny, the original founders of AAR against the corporate suits who forced their way into the network. Turns out I was exactly right.........

Below are the people who decided to put Air America Radio into Chapter 11 of the Bankruptcy Act.

Rob Glaser-Chairman of Piquant, LLC D/B/A Air America Radio.

Tracy Klestadt-New York Bankrupcy Attorney who has received nearly $200,000 in fees in the last month.

The rumors are true. We did offer to fund AAR and prevent this from happening. We believed that the company was very well positioned to be successful with a change in management and fundamental changes to the operation of the company. Despite our weeks of negotiations and hard work, the board chaired by Rob Glaser who is also the CEO and Chairman of RealNetworks, Inc. (RNWK:Nasdaq) and their attorney Tracy Klestadt advised the board to file a bankruptcy petition.

As founders and investors in the company, we have a significant interest in the future of AAR and will do everything possible to protect our investment in the company and its operations. We continue to support liberal talk radio with or operation of Nova M Radio, Inc. that is managing AAR affiliates in Phoenix and Little Rock. We plan to continue our efforts to make liberal talk radio a success. Stay tuned.

Good thing I'm already boycotting Real Networks. I haven't used their spyware-infested resource hogging shit software for years. Guess that applies to their executive managment as well.

So now it would appear obvious. These bastards, starting with Evan Cohen and continuing with Glaser and his pals intended to destroy Air America from within all along. Damn each and every one of them to the hottest corner of Hell for their treason in doing so. Hopefully the Drobny's have learned from their previous mistakes. So far, the new team they have assembled is looking damn good
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• EAT MY ASSHOLE
                      Veteran
                      • Feb 2006

Originally posted by FORD
                      We the People,

It is with great excitement and optimism that I announce today the formation of a new progressive talk radio network. Myself along with my partners, Anita and Sheldon Drobny; the original cofounders of the Air America Radio Network, want to be the first to tell all you “truth seekers” that the original truth seeker himself Mike Malloy will be born again live on the public airwaves. The planned second coming (barring any apocalypse) is scheduled for October 30, 2006.

The Mike Malloy Show will initially broadcast live, from 9PM -12 Midnight (EST) on Nova M Radio affiliates 1480-AM KPHX Phoenix.

In addition, I’m equally excited to announce our strategic partnership with Joe Trippi and associates. Joe Trippi revolutionized electoral politics in America with his instrumental role in Howard Dean’s 2004 presidential campaign, raising over $40 million in small donor contributions over the internet. Joe created a new paradigm in how campaigns locally and nationally are conducted by leveraging the scope and breadth of innovative internet-based technologies and digital tools. Joe and his team will help us reach out to millions of us who share common values and common goals.

Also joining our team will be internationally renowned pollster John Zogby, President and CEO of Zogby International. John will be co-hosting a weekly one hour show, “The Pulse of the Nation” where John polls particular hot button issues from politics and pop culture to the War in Iraq and stem cell research. Each program will include expert guests and audience participation. At the end of each show John will reveal the secret results of the poll and each listener will then know whether or not they have their finger on “The Pulse of the Nation”!

We will continue to build upon the foundation laid by our predecessors and will work tirelessly to fulfill our fiduciary responsibilities to our investors. Equally important, we will with the millions of faithful progressive listeners uphold our vision to promote freedom, social justice, economic justice and peace worldwide.

We have many more exciting announcements to make; new talent, name of new network and so on. So stay tuned and keep up to date at our web site, www.novamradio.com ! And as always, from the bottom of my bleeding liberal heart, God Bless America!

In Solidarity,

Mike Newcomb, MD
                      CEO & Chairman, Nova M Radio, Inc.

Great news! And how many weeks from now will they be filing for bankruptcy protection?
                      RIM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• ELVIS
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2003

Good point...

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                          Great news! And how many weeks from now will they be filing for bankruptcy protection?
                          Hopefully never. They just have to be a little more selective of who they do business with this time. And I'm sure they understand that better than anyone.
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• EAT MY ASSHOLE
                            Veteran
                            • Feb 2006

What a shit time-slot. Who has the 6 to 9 shift? That's the one to get.
                            RIM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• ELVIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by FORD
                              They just have to be a little more selective of who they do business with this time. And I'm sure they understand that better than anyone.
                              Can we mark your words ??

Comment

Working...