• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ellyllions
    Veteran
    • Mar 2006

Valid questions...

The economy and the vote.

Now, political pontiffs are saying all things good for their affiliations.
    Dems say:
    "The market is up because of the feeling of confidence that Dems are going to sweep the election. And we'll see even better times."

That raises some valid questions for me that I thought I'd put here in hopes of getting some feedback.

-If the Dems do a sweep, will the economy really do even better? They're sure to change some aspects of the tax code, they will spend some money on their own special interests, and I'm sure that Iraq will begin to empty therefore putting some strain on social programs and other assistance services.

While I know it's time to pull out of the fiasco that has become Iraq, and our soldiers deserve to return home...will it help give security to the Democratic party '08 when the +/- 150,000 people get back here? I say this because most people evaluate the job done by government by the balance in their bank accounts. Sad truth. We all talk about how much we admire our soldiers, but when the pudding hits the pavement, our selfish nature screams "What about me?" at the gas pump, at the grocery store, and on April 15.

Reps say:
    "The market is doing so well because George Bush's tax cuts have worked. People have more money to invest and put back into the system."

-If the reps keep the majority, won't the pain of the economy's eventual decline hurt even more? Sure it's been 7 years of hell getting to 12,000 on the DOW, and this time there is no "bubble" to speak of so it's a real advancement. But again, the spending in Iraq is out of control with no real results. And North Korea is going to fuck up...it's guaranteed.

And again the subject of soldiers coming home is eventual in the next 2 years. I honestly believe that the Administration and the War bastards are trying to make it happen without admitting failure. Now that the Iraqi government is pushing for a timetable, we can't deny them much longer.

Wouldn't a re-election of Reps. do them more harm than good in '08? Because right now, even though so much of the other issues are going to hell, people feel like they have money in their pockets and that's personal security....but in honesty, it's a fake security because it has to go down from here. There's no other way.

What do you think?
    Is America going to make a good decision in '08? And how will this upcoming vote affect the public in '08?

Dems this year, Reps in '08? Do the hard part now and be disgruntled with it in '08?

Or will we value the money in our pockets and vote Rep this year only to be even further disgruntled over the economy's rapid decline in 2 years and vote Dem in '08
    "If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace." - Hamilton Fish
  • LoungeMachine
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

It's going to take a long time to undo the damage this administration and its lapdog congress reaped on the American economy.
    Originally posted by Kristy
    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
    Originally posted by cadaverdog
    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• EAT MY ASSHOLE
      Veteran
      • Feb 2006

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
      It's going to take a long time to undo the damage this administration and its lapdog congress reaped on the American economy.
      Yeah, the Dow at 12,000....the horror, the horror...
      RIM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• LoungeMachine
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
        Yeah, the Dow at 12,000....the horror, the horror...

You're not that stupid...

are you?
        Originally posted by Kristy
        Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
        Originally posted by cadaverdog
        I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Guitar Shark
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

Sadly, the economy is really one of the least compelling reasons to replace this administration. There are so many more important reasons.

Do I think the economy will improve if the Dems take over? Probably not. But at least there will be less of a risk that the rich will continue to get richer while the middle class works harder and harder.
          ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• EAT MY ASSHOLE
            Veteran
            • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
            the rich will continue to get richer while the middle class works harder and harder.
            Sounds good to me.

Sincerely,
            Thurston "EAT MY ASSHOLE" Howell, III
            RIM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Shark hit it on the head. What good is a Dow that reaches over 12K when the middle class is under assault by corporate lap dogs, and a tax code that does not really benefit us...

Comment

• EAT MY ASSHOLE
                Veteran
                • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                Shark hit it on the head. What good is a Dow that reaches over 12K when the middle class is under assault by corporate lap dogs, and a tax code that does not really benefit us...
                yes, yes, a wonderful, reasoned argument. now, please, run and get Lovey her coconut milk drink. We mustn't upset Lovey.

That's a boy.
                RIM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

Who do you find more attractive... Ginger, Marianne, or Lovey?
                  ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• EAT MY ASSHOLE
                    Veteran
                    • Feb 2006

Who do you find more attractive... Ginger, Marianne, or Lovey?
                    Gilligan. Totally.
                    RIM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

I feel like we should merge this with the gay congressman thread now.
                      ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Comment

• EAT MY ASSHOLE
                        Veteran
                        • Feb 2006

I feel like we should merge .
                        Get the fuck away from me you sick fuck. My body and soul belong to Gilligan.
                        RIM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Oh boy, I hope "little Buddy" saved all those IMs and e-mails!!

Comment

Working...