X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tiki-Tom
    Commando
    • Apr 2006

Disturbed Singer (What a Tool)

David Draiman is one moronic bastard. This guy never ceases to amaze me with the depth of his stupidity. "Hey guys, let's do a cover song and then let me talk shit when we actually get a fucking complement from the original band." I'm guessing that the only reason he didn't pick something from Peter Gabriel-era Genesis is because he knew damn well they just weren't capable. Shit, he's not even in Phil's league.

This jerk-off has proven once again that he is undeserving of his place in the music biz.

Launch Radio Networks reports:

DISTURBED currently has a huge hit with its cover of the 1986 GENESIS track "Land of Confusion". Vocalist David Draiman says he's heard the members of GENESIS like the DISTURBED version, but also told Launch that he's not concerned about their opinion either way. "To be honest with you, I really don't care what they think," he said. "You know, I'm not trying to jab or anything, I'm just saying that I'm not a fan. I'm a fan of GENESIS prior to Phil Collins. I don't really like Phil. But, you know, he's probably gonna end up making some money off this track, so I don't know what else to really articulate about it that isn't gonna get my butt in trouble (laughs)."

"Land of Confusion" comes off DISTURBED's third album, "Ten Thousand Fists", which has sold over 1.2 million copies since its September 2005 release.
    [
  • sadaist
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jul 2004

So I guess he lies when he autographs stuff...

“Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• WACF
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jan 2004

What a dumb ass...for what it is worth I can't stand Draiman's vocals anyways.

Comment

• Ellyllions
        Veteran
        • Mar 2006

he's fuckable though....

*runs*
        "If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace." - Hamilton Fish

Comment

• Tiki-Tom
          Commando
          • Apr 2006

The cover of the song's not that awful (and this is coming from someone who is definitely not a fan) but I sure would like to know what he is trying to accomplish by badmouthing the original. It was good enough to make a buck off of, wasn't it? Ever since the release of this album, he has quite often spewed out utter nonsense. Now that the novelty is wearing off Draiman needs to get over himself. His 15 minutes are soon to be over. He should be trying to make as many friends in the music business as possible at this stage in his career. He could very well learn a thing or two from them.
          [

Comment

• binnie
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2006

Whilst I quite like some of that bands material, in most interviews I've read with him, he comes across as an asshole!
            The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Mezro
              Full Member Status

• May 2004

Originally posted by Ellyllions
              he's fuckable though....

*runs*
              Then again, you are from North Carolina.

Mezro...any cock that is not attached to a relative must be a nice change huh?...
              Got me a date with a shaved Asian. I know, I know; I think it's fucked!

Comment

• bluemustard
                Veteran
                • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Mezro

Mezro...any cock that is not attached to a relative must be a nice change huh?...

LOL

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Apr 2004

I never heard that tune done by him, but I dig his vocals on other songs. I'd rather listen to him sing than Phil (yawn) Collins.

Is he a stupid moron for having an opinion or for expressing it?
                  “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• Ellyllions
                    Veteran
                    • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Mezro

That's an original joke.
                    I've never heard that one before.

"If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace." - Hamilton Fish

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Apr 2004

I finally heard the Disturbed version of this tune and I do like it better than Phil Collins.

I like Draiman's voice better when its not quite as growly. A little growl here and there is hot, followed by or proceeding a maniacal scream. he also has some other great primal sounds he can make. But, he does have a fantastic "singing" voice and should use it more, IMO.
                      Last edited by diamondsgirl; 11-18-2006, 04:43 PM.
                      “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Ellyllions
                        he's fuckable though....

*runs*
                        Yes, he is. The next best thing to lots of beautiful hair is none at all, IMO.

Comment

• SparkieD
                          Veteran
                          • Sep 2006

David is quite handsome, yes, but it does seem that since the release of Disturbed's latest he has said some really stupid shit on more than just this occasion. Perhaps he should stick to singing and shut his mouth otherwise.

Shit, isn't that the way all men should be anyway? Good-looking and speechless
                          Originally posted by Tiki-Tom You're one classy tattooed bombshell in my book.
                          Originally posted by rustoffa
                          Three words. WE WERE THERE.

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Apr 2004

I think its cool that he's not ptetending to be a Phil Collins fan. He digs the song, but not the guy. Fine by me.

I could never imagine Draiman liking Collins' style, etc. If he said that he did, I would be the first one to call "bullshit".

Comment

• SparkieD
                              Veteran
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by diamondsgirl
                              I think its cool that he's not ptetending to be a Phil Collins fan. He digs the song, but not the guy. Fine by me.

I could never imagine Draiman liking Collins' style, etc. If he said that he did, I would be the first one to call "bullshit".
                              It's hard for me to imagine that he likes Peter Gabriel's.

It's perfectly okay for him to not like Phil, but was there a reason to insult the man publicly?
                              Originally posted by Tiki-Tom You're one classy tattooed bombshell in my book.
                              Originally posted by rustoffa
                              Three words. WE WERE THERE.

Comment

Working...