X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lztom
    Head Fluffer
    • Mar 2004

Can Eddie pull this off?

Anybody else worried Eddie won't be able to pull this reunion off if it happens?

His playing needs to be at least on a level of what he did on the 3 tour. He's been way off that since he reemerged in 2004.
  • DLRdelight!
    Veteran
    • Jul 2004

ed can pull it off. how many nights did he play drunk during the roth shows and still kicked ass!!??

Comment

• saint
      Foot Soldier
      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by DLRdelight!
      ed can pull it off. how many nights did he play drunk during the roth shows and still kicked ass!!??
      Have you heard any boots from the 2004 tour fiasco???? I thought not, dig some up and try to make that statement again without pissing your self laughing
      http://web.telia.com/~u55014187/kor.gif

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
        Veteran
        • Feb 2004

I personally think he was uninspired on the 2004 tour. I went to the show in Biloxi, MS and I heard the soundcheck which was, "Runnin' With The Devil", "I'm The One" and "Jump" and Eddie played those songs flawlessly. It was as if he came to life.
        I like to pay close attention to the things I'll forget later...

Comment

• saint
          Foot Soldier
          • Feb 2004

He is a miserable drunk these days gloomy and depressed, don’t kid your self that he loves Dave so much that it would be any different this time compared to 2004. And don’t fool your self that Dave could shape his act up.

Maybe He is a little less fucked up earlier in the days during sound check´s, I’ve heard the soundcheck in Tuscon and perhaps it's a little better than the what he performed in the evening
          http://web.telia.com/~u55014187/kor.gif

Comment

• RealRoth
            Full On Cocktard
            • Jan 2006

I would like to hear him in a small club, playing the entire Starfleet album, and also doing DLR solo tunes including Slam Dunk.

Comment

• Halen High
              Commando
              • Jul 2004

I think Eddie's playing on the 2004 fiasco was a reflection of how he felt about doing a Van Hagar reunion. I've no doubt he was pushed into doing it and it showed in his attitude towards everything, not just his playing live, but also in his choice of new material for BOBW.

From what I've gathered on reports from Eddie's recent party, he's no longer the EVH of 2004, but a much more relaxed and contented character.

Comment

• Panamark
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Im with Ed !

Imagine having to try and play guitar with Sammy on the
                same stage.. I would be fucking up all over the place,
                getting as drunk as I could, and praying to God that the
                gig finishes in two more minutes so I can drink even
                more to forget what I just did !!!
                BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Ed can still play but he's very inconsistant now. There is some footage of him on You Tube from the last tour he was tearing it up on his solo spot and even did a sweep. He was improvising but doing well at it.

Then other times he just made noise.

The man still can play, but this crazy state of mind he's fallen into is getting in the way of him being able to consistantly do so.

As far as I'm concerned the man is one of the all time greats. If you don't believe me, look at some of the old footage on You Tube. I did and Ed still blows my mind.
                  No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ALMOSTsaved
                    I personally think he was uninspired on the 2004 tour. I went to the show in Biloxi, MS and I heard the soundcheck which was, "Runnin' With The Devil", "I'm The One" and "Jump" and Eddie played those songs flawlessly. It was as if he came to life.
                    I was at the soundcheck at the San Jose show and Ed played great. He even talked with the audience a bit and seemed happy but Sammy wasn't there.

During the show, Ed seemed like he was kind of pissed and didn't give a shit. Who knows, maybe Ed was fucking up on purpose to piss Sam off! LOL! Ed calls him the Red Worm now.
                    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Halen High
                      Commando
                      • Jul 2004

I think it was hearing the lyrics for Up For Breakfast and It's About Time that finally pushed Edward over the edge.

I reckon Eddie will be back on his game next year. The chemistry with Dave will bring back the fire and the fury that's been missing for so long.

Comment

• Terry
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Man, I certainly fucking hope so.

Ed's ability to play and how that might affect a reunion wasn't even a concern of mine until I heard/saw those 2004 live clips. Scary shit at times.

With a bit of practice, I'm sure it'll come back to him. If he goes into it with a "whatever" piss-poor attitude and doesn't give a fuck, that might be another story.
                        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• DLRdelight!
                          Veteran
                          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by saint
                          Have you heard any boots from the 2004 tour fiasco???? I thought not, dig some up and try to make that statement again without pissing your self laughing
                          like i said during the roth years!!! roth is back in the picture you swear ed would play his best for spammy

Comment

• DylanLeeRoth
                            Banned
                            • Jul 2006

I don't think he can, he's a crazy drunk and until he cleans up he's going to a smiff of his oldself.

Comment

• Hummarstra
                              Commando
                              • Feb 2004

Inspired or not, drunk or sober, Ed is %60 of what he used to be. Listen a little harder folks.

Comment

Working...