PDA

View Full Version : The Real Story : Iraq Video

sadaist
11-02-2006, 07:19 PM
One soldier dies in a day and it is breaking news, top story, all anyone can talk about. They can't wait to add that one soldier to their runing monthly, yearly, and beginning of war totals. Yet the media never tells of anything positive that is happening in Iraq.

Do bad things happen in war? Of course.

Can good things come of it? Discuss.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/M1jy-4ieG8M"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/M1jy-4ieG8M" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

FORD
11-02-2006, 07:28 PM
The words "real story" should never be used to describe any bullshit propaganda coming from a vile excuse for a human being such as Glenn Beck.

sadaist
11-03-2006, 02:59 PM
I don't like Glenn Beck from the little I've seen of him. I don't watch CNN. I find it interesting though that anything positive happening in Iraq is never reported on. (Maybe after the elections)

amadeus
11-03-2006, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by FORD
The words "real story" should never be used to describe any bullshit propaganda coming from a vile excuse for a human being such as Glenn Beck.

What do you have against glenn Beck, Ford? And why is it that when a conservative has a story it is propaganda but when it comes from the liberal press it is accepted as fact?
Both conservatives and liberals know that there is big problems with thbis whole war but the difference is is that the conservatives knmow that there is some good as well whereas the libs don't seem to want to accept the bright side of anything especially if it seems to benefit Bush somehow.

Nickdfresh
11-03-2006, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by sadaist
One soldier dies in a day and it is breaking news, top story, all anyone can talk about. They can't wait to add that one soldier to their runing monthly, yearly, and beginning of war totals. Yet the media never tells of anything positive that is happening in Iraq.

You're WRONG!! In fact, the opposite is true. The American public has become increasingly detached and insulated from this War. And American deaths are treated with increasing numbness and less notice.

There is very little shock at the deaths of American troops anymore...

In fact, I just heard seven died today, and thought, "I've heard worse" in terms of numbers.

BITEYOASS
11-03-2006, 04:43 PM
I was in that insanity for 6 months, nothing better than showering in filtered shit water from the euphrates and getting rocket attacks 1-2 times a month. (sarcasm)

sadaist
11-03-2006, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by BITEYOASS
I was in that insanity for 6 months, nothing better than showering in filtered shit water from the euphrates and getting rocket attacks 1-2 times a month. (sarcasm)

So in 6 months did you do anything that had a positive outcome?

Nickdfresh
11-03-2006, 05:56 PM

Why don't you sign up, so you can do something with a "positive outcome?"

LoungeMachine
11-03-2006, 06:39 PM
Question:

Would sadaist's world be happier if more "good news" came out of Iraq?

Discuss.

:rolleyes:

FORD
11-03-2006, 06:48 PM
I'd believe "good news from Iraq" if I heard it from Sarge, or Biteyoass, or someone else who had been there and who I know for a fact isn't a Bush-sucking shill like these astro-turfing "soldiers" who are always spamming the small town red state newspapers with feel good propaganda stories.

Nickdfresh
11-03-2006, 06:49 PM
The only thing I hear, from mainstream reporters, is that the news is far worse than is generally reported in Iraq.

BTW, I'd like to know what constitutes "good news." I'd like an actual definition...

LoungeMachine
11-03-2006, 08:01 PM
I actually started a thread asking that SAME THING

What would the Brie crowd in here cuntsider "good news"

Crickets Chirped.

sadaist
11-03-2006, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Question:

Would sadaist's world be happier if more "good news" came out of Iraq?

Discuss.

:rolleyes:

I believe that the media should present the entire picture of what is happening there, rather than solely reporting a running total of how many soldiers are killed daily/weekly/monthly. Unfortunately, children going to schools, new businesses and women in government aren't really attention grabbers for the lead-in to the 11 o'clock news.

Seshmeister
11-03-2006, 09:43 PM
I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Jeez...

Unfuckingbelievable.

I don't know what is more fucked up, that video being made or you believing it...

LoungeMachine
11-03-2006, 09:43 PM

Unfortunately, children going to schools, new businesses and women in government aren't really attention grabbers for the lead-in to the 11 o'clock news.

Yeah, it tends to get bumped off by BILLIONS being STOLEN by American Contractors, Halliburton serving rotten food, soldiers having to go through garbage for armor, torture, murder, ammo dumps unsecured, weapons missing, and a new Iraqi "government" which has NO INCENTIVE WHATSOEVER to go for themselves.........

Must be a Liberal Media Bias, right?:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I am so fucking SICK AND TIRED of you whiney ass SAPS who think the whole problem with Iraq IS FUCKING P.R. BASED.........

fuck off and die.

please.

LoungeMachine
11-03-2006, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister

I don't know what is more fucked up, that video being made or you believing it...

As if it mattered.

You can't protect stupidity from itself.

sadaist
11-03-2006, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Yeah, it tends to get bumped off by BILLIONS being STOLEN by American Contractors, Halliburton serving rotten food, soldiers having to go through garbage for armor, torture, murder, ammo dumps unsecured, weapons missing, and a new Iraqi "government" which has NO INCENTIVE WHATSOEVER to go for themselves.........

Must be a Liberal Media Bias, right?:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I am so fucking SICK AND TIRED of you whiney ass SAPS who think the whole problem with Iraq IS FUCKING P.R. BASED.........

fuck off and die.

please.

Once again Lounge, reading way too much into what I said. I never said any of those things didn't or weren't happening in Iraq. But it sounds like you don't think one single good thing has happened there either.

I never mentioned the word "Liberal" when talking about the media either. I started this thread not to deny any of the horrible things that have happened in Iraq, but to discuss if anyone thought anything positive was happening there as well. Yet since you don't really want to hear anything positive coming from Iraq (because that would be a positive for the current administration), you turn this into another Front Line name calling and fuck you thread.

But thank you for adding the word please to your request that I fuck off and die. I regret to inform you that I will be declining your request. Strong post finish though.

LoungeMachine
11-03-2006, 10:00 PM

Ahh, see?

You lost all cred with your argument the minute you typed NEVER into your thread starting post.

I've heard positive things. If you haven't, I'd suggest maybe turning off the TV and cracking open a few newspapers now and again.

But I ask you.......

Do you think ALL of the POSITIVE things that have come out of Iraq outweigh the BAD?

Honestly?

Regime change in the country could have happened much quicker, easier, and cheaper in human lives and treasure had it really been about that.

But you know better than that.

So don't sit here and pretend you don't.

REGARDLESS of any "good" news from the region since 3/03, has motherfucking PALED in comparison.........

DEMON CUNT
11-03-2006, 10:22 PM
Strange that the Administration is not putting together things like this. It would be the obvious way to counter the negative reports that are coming out of Iraq.

Alas, even the government's assessment is that the country grows closer to chaos every day.

The New York Times published this chart leaked from the United States Central Command. This is the opposite of progress or getting better.

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/3194/01militarylgli5.jpg

Not a single source is referenced for the information in this alleged "real story."

Glenn Beck's fluffy little piece is a disservice to Iraqis and Americans alike.

BITEYOASS
11-04-2006, 12:58 AM

Well I built a shitload of aircraft weapons (i.e. bombs, rockets, preping the ammo, etc.) for MAG-26, so they can drop on the terrorist assholes who were attacking the grunts on the ground. Just to let you know, I'm not peaceful by any strectch of the imagination. But wtih the way we were just TOB with the bombing runs, you would have thought those rocket attacks would have ceased by now, especially when that large cache of Iraqi weapons in Al-Anbar got hit. I just think the overall stategy made by this administation is has been a disaster.

BITEYOASS
11-04-2006, 01:03 AM
Some of my work has received rave reviews:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sfbNCrLswNQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sfbNCrLswNQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

sadaist
11-04-2006, 01:37 AM
I just think the overall stategy made by this administation is has been a disaster.

I think the strategy was sound at the beginning, but when the playing field changed, the strategy didn't.

Cool clip by the way.

DEMON CUNT
11-04-2006, 01:56 AM
A couple hard questions for you guys:

How is that clip different from the insurgent sniper footage CNN aired that sparked such outrage?

If America were ever to be invaded you can bet your ass that I would be an "insurgent" taking the foreign occupiers out! Would that make me a terrorist?

The "strategy" has been get in and profit at the expense of our once mighty military. Why do you think that so many military jobs have been outsourced to contractors on behalf of private companies such as Blackwater and KBR?

sadaist
11-04-2006, 02:07 AM
The only difference I see is that it shows a building being bombed, not people being killed. Although there were most likely people in the building, asthetically it is different for the public to view.

We see planes crashing into the World Trade Center, but not the bodies found on the ground. I guess to the general public, when you can't actually see it, it's not as bad.

sadaist
11-04-2006, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by DEMON CUNT

If America were ever to be invaded you can bet your ass that I would be an "insurgent" taking the foreign occupiers out!

With what? A slingshot? Democrats want to take away gun rights.

pflo
11-04-2006, 02:21 AM
Listen to that homo soldier in the background!He sounds like a little girl "WOOH, SEE YOU IN HELL, SUCKS TO BE YOU BITCHES!!!" Yeah you a real man, you pussy, a laser guided missile from a plane did the work for ya while you hide across the street..fuckin pussy.Fearsome soldier material. Fuckin cowards. I hope the US gets rocked over there.GOING DOWN HAHAHA!!!Id love to have a few minutes with that little bitch of a soldier.Waste of blood.Lets take away the air support you little cunt!

pflo
11-04-2006, 02:27 AM

How is that clip different from the insurgent sniper footage CNN aired that sparked such outrage?

If America were ever to be invaded you can bet your ass that I would be an "insurgent" taking the foreign occupiers out! Would that make me a terrorist?

The "strategy" has been get in and profit at the expense of our once mighty military. Why do you think that so many military jobs have been outsourced to contractors on behalf of private companies such as Blackwater and KBR? Bang On Brutha!

Nickdfresh
11-04-2006, 02:28 AM
The only difference I see is that it shows a building being bombed, not people being killed. Although there were most likely people in the building, asthetically it is different for the public to view.

We see planes crashing into the World Trade Center, but not the bodies found on the ground. I guess to the general public, when you can't actually see it, it's not as bad.

I've seen plenty of video of insurgents being killed. In fact, I've seen over a dozen-at-a-time hit by bombs, 30mm chinguns on Apache gunships, M1 tank fire, etc.

In fact, I've posted an ambush video of US Marines shooting up an Iraqi guerrillas attempting an attack in a bus that was gruesome, and could have been out of "Saving Private Ryan." Hell, even Elvis appeared disturbed by it!

And any "good" done in Iraq is largely offset by the fact that we're supporting a gov't with ties to death squads and feuding militias. And we keep finding bodies of summarily executed Sunnis around Baghdad. Oh, and BTW, the insurgent attacks really are not decreasing despite whatever we do.

And an obvious Goebbels-esque propaganda video doesn't change all that...

Watch the upcoming film "Iraq in Fragments" for more info...

Nickdfresh
11-04-2006, 02:33 AM

It's no different. And hearing assholes cackle over it like Lynn (hot girl-on-girl action) Cheney as "terrorist propaganda" was beyond pathetic. Since snipers shooting at armed soldiers/naval infantry (Marines) is not "terrorism."

pflo
11-04-2006, 02:40 AM

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/M1jy-4ieG8M"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/M1jy-4ieG8M" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object> What a load of shit.But the music was nice, so maybe its true.Yeah, I change my mind.Iraq is fine now. Good job Bush. Now you can pull out and let the stable government of Iraq sell its oil to you at fair market value, no special deals.And no, the US wont need to recoup costs of the invasion with free oil, thats fine, the US did it for love. See how stable the region is now? Hear the nice piano music? thats nice.

Nickdfresh
11-04-2006, 02:48 AM
LMFAO!! Or cry my fucking ass off!!

They're actually crowing about the 19,000 "special police force" members?

Jesus Christ, why don't they crow about Hitler's SS, or El Salvadorian death squads as signs of 'success?'

These guys are sectarian militia cunts wearing uniforms and murdering people indiscriminately!! Some of them children.
http://www.worldproutassembly.org/images/babykiller_50.jpg
Yeah, "you can see it in the children's eyes" indeed!! :mad:

BITEYOASS
11-04-2006, 09:13 PM

The "strategy" has been get in and profit at the expense of our once mighty military. Why do you think that so many military jobs have been outsourced to contractors on behalf of private companies such as Blackwater and KBR?

Since we're on the subject of KBR, that reminds me one time in formation when our SNCOIC was warning us not to go to the KBR tent due to the rampant gambling and prostitution going on over there. I can't remember the exact details.

DEMON CUNT
11-04-2006, 11:05 PM
Sounds like the KBR tent was the place to be.

Seriously BITEY, what were the KBR employees doing in Iraq?

Nickdfresh
11-04-2006, 11:11 PM
Making several-times the amount of money that their equivalent military counterparts were? (or the mothballed military occupational specialties that they were equivicating would have?)

BigBadBrian
11-05-2006, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by FORD
I'd believe "good news from Iraq" if I heard it from Sarge, or Biteyoass, or someone else who had been there and who I know for a fact isn't a Bush-sucking shill like these astro-turfing "soldiers" who are always spamming the small town red state newspapers with feel good propaganda stories.

Nice Post. :rolleyes:

I'm glad you graduated from the "John Kerry School of Bad-mouthing Our Troops."

FORD, you've just shown you're true colors.

You only support our people over there unless they mouth the words you want them to say.

You're all fucked up.

BITEYOASS
11-05-2006, 08:22 AM
Sounds like the KBR tent was the place to be.

Seriously BITEY, what were the KBR employees doing in Iraq?

Well they were supervising all of the third world folks (probably were paid less than minimum wage) who were serving chow, doing a lousy job of filtering the euphrates water that we had to shower with and gods knows what else. All I know is that this whole war's purpose instead of democracy had to do with bush helping his good ole' boy network make a lot of money.

DEMON CUNT
11-05-2006, 12:07 PM
Well they were supervising all of the third world folks (probably were paid less than minimum wage) who were serving chow, doing a lousy job of filtering the euphrates water that we had to shower with and gods knows what else. All I know is that this whole war's purpose instead of democracy had to do with bush helping his good ole' boy network make a lot of money.

Shouldn't military personnel be performing these functions?

How long were you in Iraq?

sadaist
11-05-2006, 12:11 PM
Shouldn't military personel be performing these functions?

He mentioned earlier 6 months. Is that the average for one tour? I know many of our men are on multiple tours.

Nickdfresh
11-05-2006, 12:15 PM
Shouldn't military personel be performing these functions?

At one time, they did. If you watch episodes of M*A*S*H, you'll see Army cooks, Army bartenders, waiters, etc. Most of these MOS's are vacant since the advent of the all-volunteer military.

One of the horrendous things that Rummy has done is the "outsourcing" of clerical functions once performed by soldiers. This is done to "free-up" more troops to fight in combat arms, but it's main drawback is that it is very expensive since you're now paying civilian wages. It also makes wars, and using military personnel, far more politically expedient, since you need less actual troops. And the cost is passed along by contractors with political ties (Halliburton)..

DEMON CUNT
11-05-2006, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
At one time, they did. If you watch episodes of M*A*S*H, you'll see Army cooks, Army bartenders, waiters, etc. Most of these MOS's are vacant since the advent of the all-volunteer military.

One of the horrendous things that Rummy has done is the "outsourcing" of clerical functions once performed by soldiers. This is done to "free-up" more troops to fight in combat arms, but it's main drawback is that it is very expensive since you're now paying civilian wages. It also makes wars, and using military personnel, far more politically expedient, since you need less actual troops. And the cost is passed along by contractors with political ties (Halliburton)..

Companies have received wet dream no bid cost plus contracts all paid with our tax dollars.

While conservatives are talking about Kerry; corporations are reaping profits while Americans are being slaughtered.

Like robots the cons stay on task and feel nothing.

Kerry must apologize...Clinton's penis...Immigration...secular progressives...war against Christmas...government spending...