Metallica NEW: RECTIFIED -- EXCELLENT SOUND!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WARF
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Metallica NEW: RECTIFIED -- EXCELLENT SOUND!

Sounds like the completed version of last years song in Germany is something that should be on master of puppets!

The screams are back!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ieHXwXhOZCQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ieHXwXhOZCQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
  • WARF
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

I can't wait for this album to come out!
    Metallica and Van Halen both making HUGE comebacks this year!
    2007 will kick ass!

Comment

• sadaist
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jul 2004

I didn't care for it much. Had a couple cool riffs. But being 8 minutes long doesn't qualify as Master Of Puppets material in itself. At least it's not a fucking ballad. Still, I look forward to hearing the new album.
      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• MERRYKISSMASS2U
        Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

This won't hold a candle in the wind to you know what....

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by MERRYKISSMASS2U
          ....The new Elton John album??
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• MERRYKISSMASS2U
            Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by FORD
            ....The new Elton John album??
            Close!

Comment

• sadaist
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by MERRYKISSMASS2U
              Never has.
              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Tiki-Tom
                Commando
                • Apr 2006

This sounds like more of the same St. Shit crap only slightly less annoying. I've heard aluminum cans in a bag that sound much better.

They will never again sound as good as the first three records. Not even close. It's over guys.
                [

Comment

• MAPRamone
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Jun 2006

Too long, cool beginning but then it doesn't really go anywhere. It seems as if they came up with the vocal melody as an afterthought, it doesn't really fit the rest of the song and it isn't that good. I also hate the twangyness of the guitars, they've been sounding like that since Anger, kind of Nu-Metally. Bad. Overall an ok song, but it certainly isn't a return to MOP form, or even Black Album form.
                  dm/dt=kA (Cs-C)

Comment

• MAPRamone
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Jun 2006

Originally posted by Tiki-Tom

They will never again sound as good as the first three records. Not even close. It's over guys.
                    Does anyone here like ...And Justice For All? For me it kicks ass. I've always thought, that Metallica had FOUR great albums instead of three.
                    dm/dt=kA (Cs-C)

Comment

• DLRdelight!
                      Veteran
                      • Jul 2004

yeah this song blows

Comment

• Tiki-Tom
                        Commando
                        • Apr 2006

Originally posted by MAPRamone
                        Does anyone here like ...And Justice For All? For me it kicks ass. I've always thought, that Metallica had FOUR great albums instead of three.
                        True, It is good but thats where the downfall began IMO. Some songs on that disc are smokin hot but others are just not on the same level.
                        I stand corrected though. Overall its a great one from them. It was definitely the last of their great discs.
                        [

Comment

• Panamark
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

I didnt get much further than the intro

Saint Re-Anger
                          BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                          Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Panamark
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

As with the last five albums, I will give it a listen when
                            it comes out. Like Van Halen, hope springs eternal where
                            Metallica is involved.
                            BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                            Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• binnie
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • May 2006

Well I'll agree with WARF.

I love that song, way better than St.Anger. Cool solo too.

Of course they'll never be as good as they were in the early 80's, how could they? What band in their 40's is as good as they were in their 20's?

For me, it is a testament to Metallica's worth that we still all want, and expect, another MOP: we won't accept that their prime is over.

Well it is. But that doesn't mean that everything they produce from now on is utter shit, or valueless. It's just become fashionable to Metallica-bash, they could write the greatest song ever and people would still look at it through their "I remember when they didn't relaese single and only played 500 seaters - sellouts!" eyes.

I ain't expecting MOP from the next record, I'll be happy with 10 songs like the one above, with decent production. And lets be honest, that'd blow that vast majority of modern metal away, right?
                              The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

Working...