PDA

View Full Version : So how did you vote today?

FORD
11-07-2006, 09:40 AM
Did you vote for checks and balances, or more of the same old shit?

Seshmeister
11-07-2006, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Did you vote for checks and balances, or more of the same old shit?

You've only put choices for the same old shit.

What about people who voted for independants or Libertarians?

FORD
11-07-2006, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister

In this election, those options aren't realistic. If you have a Green or a Libertarian running for your local school board or county commissioner, that's fine. But if you vote those candidates for the House or Senate in this election, you aren't doing anything to get rid of the Repuke domination on power.

LoungeMachine
11-07-2006, 10:03 AM
I will need a kayak to get to my polling place.

They're already talking about cloed places, and provisional ballots.

And Burner has pulled into a dead heat with Reichert.

Is it possible we get a darker shade of Blue today?

LoungeMachine
11-07-2006, 10:04 AM

Those are votes for Status Quo [no, not the band]

It is the ballot equivalent to shooting blanks.

You'll make some noise, but hit nothing.

FORD
11-07-2006, 10:22 AM
The timing of this shitty weather....it's enough to make me drag out Phil the Stalker's "HAARP Weather Machine" conspiracy posts again.

Rain in November is nothing unusual here, of course. But this torrential downpour 12 inches a day shit? And a "Pineapple Express" about a week after unseasonably cold temperatures?

Guitar Shark
11-07-2006, 11:17 AM
I'm sure the BCE is behind it. They created Hurricane Katrina after all.

amadeus
11-07-2006, 11:26 AM
Yea, I got out to vote and Ieven though I am 'registered' Republican, I did not vote the party line. I did the research and I voted for the best person, IMO, regardless of party. I do think though that this vote will make some changes in the Democrats favor as people from both sides seem to want change. I have already heard about some ballot machines having in issues indifferent states, so what else is new??

FORD
11-07-2006, 11:32 AM
Hopefully the turnout will be large enough to offset any fraud. If you're standing in line at the polls at official "closing time" they have to let you vote.

The general public is starting to catch on to the nightmares these electro-fraud machines are causing. Hopefully, a Democratic congress will make this a priority and restore a REAL voting system to this country.

Canada still votes with paper ballots and you don't hear them complaining about electoral fraud.

Steve Savicki
11-07-2006, 11:35 AM
You forgot the option, "Are Republican mail carriers destroying mail ballots in liberal area?"

Big concern brought up regarding voting by mail in the '04 election.

m_dixon1984
11-07-2006, 11:49 AM
Hopefully the turnout will be large enough to offset any fraud. If you're standing in line at the polls at official "closing time" they have to let you vote.

The general public is starting to catch on to the nightmares these electro-fraud machines are causing. Hopefully, a Democratic congress will make this a priority and restore a REAL voting system to this country.

Canada still votes with paper ballots and you don't hear them complaining about electoral fraud. We actually have some smaller constituencies voting over the phone with no one complaining. But, for the most part, it's your basic paper ballot and a golf pencil. No hanging chads, no Argentinian Diebold machines, and very few rejected ballots. I haven't heard any mention of going electronic here and after the stories coming from the US and A it's not likely to happen anytime soon.

Good luck, Americans. Believe it or not the World is watching these elections as well. Let's see if all this talk of change actually turns into a reality.

M

redfire
11-07-2006, 11:53 AM
I voted about half and half, why isn't that an option Ford? Besides, like you said, Democrats in OK are basically Rep. So what option would I put. I guess like many Floridians, I wont get to vote in this poll.

FORD
11-07-2006, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by redfire
I voted about half and half, why isn't that an option Ford? Besides, like you said, Democrats in OK are basically Rep. So what option would I put. I guess like many Floridians, I wont get to vote in this poll.

That depends.....

Did you vote for right wingers who oppose the BCE agenda, or for right wingers who support it? ;)

Sgt Schultz
11-07-2006, 12:37 PM
Voted this morning in the city where I work, then I'll go home tonight and vote again. In a few minutes I'll be heading over to a predominantly Black neighborhood to intimidate would-be voters. Wisconsin has very lax regs regarding voting.

Guitar Shark
11-07-2006, 01:12 PM
lmao... good to see you Schultz.

redfire
11-07-2006, 01:18 PM
That depends.....

Did you vote for right wingers who oppose the BCE agenda, or for right wingers who support it? ;)

That's a hard question, my candidate that I work for is a Republican, but he's highly critical of Bush. While, Gov. Brad Henry is very vague about Bush. And, for the record, I only had one Washington-office position up, and both were supportive of the Bush (there was an independent, but he's an idiot). So again, half and half.

redfire
11-07-2006, 01:20 PM
But, yes, they're all right-wingers. Though they aren't extremists, unlike the Libs I'm sure you voted for. ;)

Warham
11-07-2006, 01:36 PM
I voted Republican, except for governor.

Sgt Schultz
11-07-2006, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
lmao... good to see you Schultz.
Thanks, you too. Usually too busy making confiscatory profits and hiring people at below minimum wage to participate much anymore. Business (aircraft, diesel engine, medical etc.) has been nuts over the last 2 years. 2005 up 20% and so far this year up over 25%. Good thing the economy sucks so bad otherwise I'd be even busier.

Phil theStalker
11-07-2006, 02:14 PM
I just VOtitED!

A vote is not a toy.

:spank:

Phil theStalker
11-07-2006, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Sgt Schultz
Thanks, you too. Usually too busy making confiscatory profits and hiring people at below minimum wage to participate much anymore. Business (aircraft, diesel engine, medical etc.) has been nuts over the last 2 years. 2005 up 20% and so far this year up over 25%. Good thing the economy sucks so bad otherwise I'd be even busier. I just voTITed t2o raise mminimum wage in OhiO so now I'll have t2o give all aff mmy employees a raise right after I fire o1ne aff them f4or every thr3ee employees I give a raise t2o.

How ZEN aff mme.

:spank:

Matt White
11-07-2006, 02:31 PM
GREEN party & High Tide..................

Mostly Democrat...but not by much

Little Texan
11-07-2006, 04:19 PM

Canada still votes with paper ballots and you don't hear them complaining about electoral fraud.

Where I voted today, in the middle of bumfuck Egypt, they had a choice between the new video touch screen voting machines and the old fashioned paper ballot. I chose to vote the old way, because I don't trust those touch screen machines as far as I can throw them, and they're too easily manipulated. Not much they can do to change votes on the old paper ballot.

I extended a big middle finger to the Republicans today and voted all Democrats and Independents. There were several local races where the Republican incumbent ran uncontested, and I just left those blank.

BITEYOASS
11-07-2006, 05:39 PM
Half and half, I sure as hell voted democrat for the US House seat. But the other offices locally I mixed since the democratic party over here in bama is rather shady, as so I'm told from my fiancee who works in the Alabama Dept. of Education across from the capitol. And since the last democratic Governor was federally indicted, I picked Bob Riley. My choices for Atty. Gen and Justices for the criminal appeals court were all democrat since they were more competent and would handle justice fairly, my civil court choices were all republican because I think they would do a better job of reigning in frivilous lawsuits. I sure as hell didn't vote for Worely, since she spent taxpayer dollars on an SUV cause she's a obese and from what my fiancee has witnessed, acts like a total bitch at the ABWA meetings.

Then there were the 3 amendments that were gonna be added to the already 700+ amendments to the AL constitution. I sure as hell voted no on the free trade and 6 year term amendments, the only one that had my yes vote was for the education funding.

Never said I was totally liberal, some things I am (Gay rights, separation of church and state, legalizing marijuana, enviromental issues, fair trade, pro-choice, peaceful deplomacy) and some I am not (victims rights, death penalty, smaller government, states rights, gun rights, defense spending (Hey the Army and Air Force need the latest equipment, so the USMC can get their latest equipment from 10 years ago)). Anyway, that's my take, try to make sure y'all's heads won't explode! :D

Dr. Love
11-07-2006, 07:02 PM

Fixed. Somewhat.

scamper
11-07-2006, 07:34 PM
Voted Dem. all the way this year. That's a first for me (never voted a straight party line), but it doesn't really matter for us, everything is pretty much a lock. Also I didn't vote that way to prove a point, they were just the best people for the job. Even if the Dem's get the Senate and the House nothing will probably change, just more fighting between parties and less fighting for the people.

scamper
11-07-2006, 07:36 PM
Oh, and probably higher taxes for us rich folk, but hey it's not really our money anyway they just let us borrow it.

DEMON CUNT
11-07-2006, 08:25 PM
Dem and/or green.

Figs
11-07-2006, 10:55 PM
I voted Libertarian where available. I voted Dem against a few local Rep incumbents, I wanted them out and there was a local project they were for and I was against. Voted Rep for the House.

Nitro Express
11-08-2006, 03:30 AM
The Republicans abused our trust and never have done shit to accomplish what their voting supporters sent them to Washington to do. The Republican Congress went right along with President Bush and never stoof up to him when it was clear the President's policies on Iraq and border security were not only unacceptable but obscene.

I would consider myself a middle of the road conservative. What the Republican Party has shown us is they are not conservative at all. In any way. I don't agree with the Democrats on everything but at least they are more honest in what they support.

The Republicans have shown us they need some major reforming and do not deserve political power in their current state. That being the case, their competition wins by forfiet. No way in hell can the Democrats be any worse than the current Republicans. The Republicans needed some nuetering so I voted pretty much Democrat this election.

Nitro Express
11-08-2006, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by scamper
Voted Dem. all the way this year. That's a first for me (never voted a straight party line), but it doesn't really matter for us, everything is pretty much a lock. Also I didn't vote that way to prove a point, they were just the best people for the job. Even if the Dem's get the Senate and the House nothing will probably change, just more fighting between parties and less fighting for the people.

Yup. I almost didn't vote at all but felt guilty by not doing so. I'm very pessamistic about politics right now. "Meet the new boss same as the old boss."

Our govt. has a huge lag time. It takes a long time for real change to happen with our two party govt. It will be mostly bickering and blaming and not much else getting done I'm afraid.

4moreyears
11-08-2006, 05:47 AM
I actually wrote in a vote for a friend because I was discusted by our choice for Gov in Illinois. I voted for Judy Biggert for congress because I have met her and her office has been helpful to me lately. I voted republican for the other state offices.

redfire
11-08-2006, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
Our govt. has a huge lag time. It takes a long time for real change to happen with our two party govt. It will be mostly bickering and blaming and not much else getting done I'm afraid.

See I don't think so. Look at how many Dems ran a conservative-moderate platform. Democrats learned that America is still by and large Conservative, and they would rather vote for a person who is a social conservative than a social liberal. Part of that is the people only attach 2 things to social issues, and it's more than that. But, the point is, if you're an elected official, you're elected to serve the people. And the bulk of the people take "x" stance, you'd better repesent that stance, or 4 years later they'll kick your ass out. That's all our job.

Lqskdiver
11-08-2006, 04:57 PM
Afternoon!!!

I voted Republican, no secret.

God, this board has gone to shit. It overrun by Libs!

I miss the good ol' days. Very few familiar faces here.

I'm like Shultz, been struggling with this "bad" economy and increased profits. I'm in the middle of our 07 budget and we've already projected a 15% increase in margin. Times are hard and the I'm sure the media will start reporting an upswing in the economy as soon as the dems take office. Then we can all reap the rewards.

Still, I might kick up my feet and hang for a while. This should be interesting.

LoungeMachine
11-08-2006, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Lqskdiver
Afternoon!!!

I voted Republican, no secret.

God, this board has gone to shit. It overrun by Libs!

I miss the good ol' days. Very few familiar faces here.

Still, I might kick up my feet and hang for a while. This should be interesting.

LMAO

Yeah, by all means....hang a while with us Libs. :D

We look forward to your cutting insights and analysis. :cool:

Ah, yes, the "good old days", before every Con in here ran from the debates with their tails tucked in their panties.

Oh, to have Lucky Wilbury and Ashcroft back to bitchslap around some more....

Lqskdiver
11-08-2006, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
LMAO

Ah, yes, the "good old days", before every Con in here ran from the debates with their tails tucked in their panties.

Oh, to have Lucky Wilbury and Ashcroft back to bitchslap around some more....

is that what happened!! Hell, i just thought some of us got lives.

Warham
11-08-2006, 05:22 PM
Lqs,

If you're a lib and you disappear, it's because you have some real life concern you have to deal with.

If you're a con and you disappear, it's because you fear the libs and their wonderful debating skills here.

:D

Nitro Express
11-08-2006, 05:26 PM
I don't consider myself a liberal but give me a fucking break! You wanted the arrogant Neo Cons to continue their agenda? I'm sorry but because Repeublicans have had enough and voted Democrat, it scared the shit out of Bush and he got rid of Rumsfeld and is acting like he's halway interested in listening to the public for once. We'll see.

This sends a huge message to the arrogant in power. Screw with the voting public we will screw you back. Chenney and Bush never thought we would vote Democrat. They thought we were stupid as shit and would put them right back into unchecked power.

FORD
11-08-2006, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Warham
Lqs,

If you're a lib and you disappear, it's because you have some real life concern you have to deal with.

If you're a con and you disappear, it's because you fear the libs and their wonderful debating skills here.

:D

Well in Agent Z's case, he left because Porter Goss (or whomever was running Langley at the time) chewed him out for spending so much time bragging about his "secret agent man" escapades online :D

Last I remember hearing from Asscrotch was that he was going through a divorce. Thought he might be back after that was done with. Maybe he got tired of defending the BCE? Couldn't blame him.

Warham
11-08-2006, 05:34 PM
John's wife probably got the computer in the settlement.

Lqskdiver
11-08-2006, 05:41 PM
I saw a special on HomoBox Office last night about Diebolds machines and how a Liberal group were able to hack into the smart cards and change the votes.

Now, if the libs have proven they can do this, why aren't we calling for voter fraud and recounts.

Warham
11-08-2006, 05:44 PM
It's not the conservative way. We take our lumps and move on toward the next election. We look and see what we did wrong, rather than what the opposition did to ruin our chances.

FORD
11-08-2006, 05:49 PM
If you guys want to speak up against the electro-fraud machines, go right ahead.

Fact is, there were hundreds of problems with the machines reported nationwide. But the massive turnout made it impossible to steal the election.

All the same though, I'd like to see every last one of those machines in a landfill before the 2008 primary.

Lqskdiver
11-08-2006, 05:52 PM
I get you, war...

but it's eerily quiet on the liberal front. No cries for voter disenfranchizment or irregularities. it's over, it's done, let's move on.

a totally different rheotoric from 2004 and prior.

hell, chuck schumer even had the balls to tell Allen to concede before the winner was declared. that was a while back. most precints are now almost in and i wouldn't doubt if he concedes now.

but notice the big difference between both parties. the party of losers and the party of whiners.

Lqskdiver
11-08-2006, 05:54 PM
If you guys want to speak up against the electro-fraud machines, go right ahead.

Fact is, there were hundreds of problems with the machines reported nationwide. But the massive turnout made it impossible to steal the election.

All the same though, I'd like to see every last one of those machines in a landfill before the 2008 primary.

Are you saying there were more voters in this election than the prior ones? Can you post the figures.

BigBadBrian
11-09-2006, 07:51 AM

FORD, if the Republicans had carried the day, you'd be whining like a little girl that the massive turnout was what did the Dems in.

Get with it!!!

Electronic voting is here to stay.

Soon, we'll be voting online from our own homes, just as soon as a reliable nation-wide encryption program for this can be developed.

:gulp:

Lqskdiver
11-09-2006, 09:31 AM
I'm sorry but no election is tamper proof. That is the reality.

From the early days of writing your ballot ona strip of bark to the new modern conveniences of technology there is always going to be stuffing and tampering.

The only assurances we have is that with the increase in voters those standard deviations decrease. The problem is most elections are so close that every single vote does count.

I'm sure there was tampering on both sides of the aisle. In this case, it was in the dems favor.

FORD
11-09-2006, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Lqskdiver
I'm sorry but no election is tamper proof. That is the reality.

From the early days of writing your ballot ona strip of bark to the new modern conveniences of technology there is always going to be stuffing and tampering.

The only assurances we have is that with the increase in voters those standard deviations decrease. The problem is most elections are so close that every single vote does count.

I'm sure there was tampering on both sides of the aisle. In this case, it was in the dems favor.

The difference is, you can count strips of bark if you have to. You can count a piece of paper with handwriting on it. Or a punch card. Or even an optical scan form. None of those forms of voting are completely tamper-proof or mistake-proof, but all of them are verifiable.

Touch screen votes into an insecure database are NOT verifiable. And when those machines are made by Republican party activists, they are even less reliable.

As for the idea of internet voting, they tried that here in 1996, in a beta test (no official votes were counted from this system) it was a disaster, and that was before the vulnerabilities of the online world were understood by very many.

Encryption software would be an obvious plus, but who makes the software? Diebold? Some other company founded by Republican shills. Or (less likely) Democratic shills, for that matter??

The simple reality is that there are some things that just simply should never be privatized. Social Security is one of them, voting is another.

Warham
11-09-2006, 10:31 AM
I haven't heard any widespread claims in the media of Democrats being disenfranchised this time around.

Interesting, and telling.

Dr. Love
11-09-2006, 10:34 AM
FORD seems so excited and happy. I suspect he has walked around with a chubby for 2 days now.

I'm not sure I can handle this turn of events, my whole world has been turned upside down in this forum :(

Warham
11-09-2006, 10:37 AM
If Howard Dean ran for president and won in '08, I'm not sure we would ever see FORD again. :)

LoungeMachine
11-09-2006, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Warham
If Howard Dean ran for president and won in '08, I'm not sure we would ever see FORD again. :)

It would be hard to balance being on the transition team, doing stand-ups with Matt Lauer and George Snufolofogus, and still posting in here.

He'd probably be forced to give up modship in main by the Secret Service .:D