PDA

View Full Version : Who will replace Darth Cheney when he steps down for "Health Reasons" this year?

LoungeMachine
11-09-2006, 10:44 AM
John McCain?

Perhaps Colin Powell as FORD has suggested?

Rick Santorum and George Allen are looking for jobs today......

Discuss :D

FORD
11-09-2006, 10:47 AM
Might as well repeat what I posted in the other thread...

Cheney will be gone by Christmas. Now that he won't be needed to fuck the Senate vote, he has nothing to keep him occupied between hunting trips.

And as I said, Poppy has reasserted himself as the undisputed head of the Bush Criminal Empire, so whoever is tagged as the "new Jerry Ford" will definitely meet Poppy's expectations not Chimpy's.

Here's one way out of left field: (or more accurately, right field in this case)

Poppy brings Colin Powell back into the fold as Vice President. In the event that Chimpeachment proceedings begin, the old man orders Chimpy to step down, Powell becomes President, and the Repukes are suddenly given a huge advantage in 2008 with an allegedly "moderate" Black man as the incumbent President.

Think it's too crazy to happen? It's actually a lot saner than 95% of what they have done the last 6 years.

FORD
11-09-2006, 10:48 AM
McCain would be another consideration, but my gut tells me that Poppy would go with Powell.

Dr. Love
11-09-2006, 10:49 AM
oooo oooo me me pick me pick me

EAT MY ASSHOLE
11-09-2006, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by FORD

Cheney will be gone by Christmas. Now that he won't be needed to fuck the Senate vote, he has nothing to keep him occupied between hunting trips.

And as I said, Poppy has reasserted himself as the undisputed head of the Bush Criminal Empire, so whoever is tagged as the "new Jerry Ford" will definitely meet Poppy's expectations not Chimpy's.

Here's one way out of left field: (or more accurately, right field in this case)

Poppy brings Colin Powell back into the fold as Vice President. In the event that Chimpeachment proceedings begin, the old man orders Chimpy to step down, Powell becomes President, and the Repukes are suddenly given a huge advantage in 2008 with an allegedly "moderate" Black man as the incumbent President.

Think it's too crazy to happen? It's actually a lot saner than 95% of what they have done the last 6 years.

Oh, Jesus. I really was hoping that the democrats success on Tuesday would help restore your sanity...

Warham
11-09-2006, 11:10 AM
LMAO.

That'll never happen, Asshole.

LoungeMachine
11-09-2006, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Love
oooo oooo me me pick me pick me

Sure you want the Vetting process to proceed on your bathrobe wearing ass?

Steve Savicki
11-09-2006, 11:30 AM
[i]Powell becomes President, and the Repukes are suddenly given a huge advantage in 2008 with an allegedly "moderate" Black man as the incumbent President.
If it makes history being the first black president, I say why not.
FORD, could it actually get any worse now?

LoungeMachine
11-09-2006, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Steve Savicki
If it makes history being the first black president, I say why not.
FORD, could it actually get any worse now?

How the FUCK is having a "Black" president considered "GETTING WORSE" ?????

:confused: :mad:

FORD
11-09-2006, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
How the FUCK is having a "Black" president considered "GETTING WORSE" ?????

:confused: :mad:

Well, in Powell's case, it might be. Not because he's Black of course, but because (despite his own stated regrets on the matter) I don't consider him very trustworthy after his role in the Iraq debacle.

http://www.liberalcartoons.com/images/ps0799.jpg

Steve Savicki
11-09-2006, 12:16 PM
Sorry, not clear.

I meant, now that the Demos have won the House and Senate, can the Bush Administration do any more damage?

LoungeMachine
11-09-2006, 12:18 PM
Seemed racist to me.

I still like Powell, even though he was a shill in the beginning.

Of all those associated with this "administration", he's the only one I think with an ounce on conscience.

Steve Savicki
11-09-2006, 12:30 PM
I actually think it would be good to have a person of another color as president in order to open the minds to extreme right wingers (not sure the term for those extremists.)

Black, Hispanic, Middle Eastern... doesn't matter to me.

EAT MY ASSHOLE
11-09-2006, 12:36 PM
I actually think it would be good to have a person of another color as president

And that's why you should support the ticket of EAT MY ASSHOLE/MACACA in '08!!!

(Please funnel campaign contributions to the rear!)

LoungeMachine
11-09-2006, 01:02 PM

LMAO

Might as well, since it was the reason for this thread.

Sorry to inconvenience you :D

redfire
11-09-2006, 01:45 PM
Of all those associated with this "administration", he's the only one I think with an ounce on conscience.

Agreed, but if Cheney does in fact resign, I don't think Bush could get Powell to come back. Because of the aforementioned conscience. He knows it would be a political move, of course their is the element of history in the "first black VP." It would be tempting. I think it would be someone outside of the Bush family, so to speak. Someone we don't think of being close with him. Off hand, I don't know who that would be, but that's where I'd put my money.

LoungeMachine
11-09-2006, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by redfire

. I think it would be someone outside of the Bush family, so to speak.

Jesus you just made me shudder......

Imagine him calling on brother Jeb :rolleyes:

redfire
11-09-2006, 02:27 PM
Well I meant more like people that weren't one of his daddy's advisers. I mean, Ford (Gerald that is:) ) went from the House, House Miority Leader, to VP. And that is a far stretch from the House to VP. I guess, it I was in Bush's shoes, I would look for a person that embodied Reagan (to show Conservatives). Lesser knowns like Tom Tancredo from Colorado (who I worked for and one of the few elected officials I stiil respect), or Mike Pence from Indiana. Senator Sam Brownback from Kansas. Or even maybe a Governor like Mike Huckabee from Arkansas.

I wouldn't push a hardline, Santorum-Conservative, but maybe a Mike Pence, or Brownback.

And that doesn't mean that person would have the inside track to '08, but that they were trying to send a message to Conservatives that they aren't going to push a fake-conservative, or moderate. It's all very fascinating to me. This was the subject of my senior paper, so it's fun to watch it all unfold.

LoungeMachine
11-09-2006, 02:43 PM
No, I know what you meant...

But it made me shudder nonetheless.

redfire
11-09-2006, 03:16 PM
Ok, well those are some of the people that I think would be darkhorses if/when Cheney steps down.

LoungeMachine
11-09-2006, 03:51 PM
I also like Bob Kerrey and Chuck Hagel.

Not that GW would go for that.....

Maybe he's eyeing Donald Rumsfeld ;)

BigBadBrian
11-09-2006, 04:00 PM
I actually think it would be good to have a person of another color as president in order to open the minds to extreme right wingers (not sure the term for those extremists.)

Black, Hispanic, Middle Eastern... doesn't matter to me.

Savicki, I can't believe I actually defended you in here once.

That post above is about as stupid as they come.

:cool:

Lqskdiver
11-09-2006, 04:05 PM
Hell, I say bring back Powell to his old post and put Condi in the VP chair.

That oughta make you fuckers sweat a bit, AND at the same time give Hilary an eyefull when she announces her canidacy.

Not sure if Powell would come back though.

But hot damn, I definitely like to see Condi in those roles.

Guitar Shark
11-09-2006, 04:08 PM
What is it about Condi, exactly, that you respect? Serious question.

(Good to see you back here, Lq...) :cool:

BigBadBrian
11-09-2006, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark

Her LEGS!!! It sure as hell isn't her face. :D

http://www.bartcop.com/condi-legs.jpg

Lqskdiver
11-09-2006, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark

(Good to see you back here, Lq...) :cool:

To be honest with you, I respect that a woman, a black woman, got into a position of power on her own. Sure she made the right contacts, but she is also educated and motivated. Pelosi is now in that same position and for that I respect her.

And thanks for the welcome. Hope to see more familiar faces around here.
:cool:

Lqskdiver
11-09-2006, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Her LEGS!!! It sure as hell isn't her face. :D

http://www.bartcop.com/condi-legs.jpg

Hell yea!

You'd think with the amount of bank she's making she'd be able to fix that gap between her teeth.

Nitro Express
11-09-2006, 04:21 PM
Bush is running scared. He's not a smart man and he's been completely out of touch with the average American his whole life.

That being said he woke the hell up with the election results. He immediately started distancing himself from his neo con buddies that assured him the stupid religiouse right would continue to vote for them and they could do whatever the hell they wanted.

Once the chimp realized the gig was up he cut out on his own and it's all about saving face and his legacy now.

The new Democratic leadership in the house said they are willing to work with the chimp on the seriouse issues. It's about getting something done. Chimpeachment would only take resources away from getting things done and as one Democrat said, he knows Dick Chenney and that's one key reason he will not back impeaching Bush. LOL!

Steve Savicki
11-09-2006, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
Bush is running scared. He's not a smart man and he's been completely out of touch with the average American his whole life.
That's why Cheney was running the country.

FORD
11-09-2006, 05:04 PM
Rumor is that you can hear the sound of shredders all the way down Pennsylvania Avenue......

Dr. Love
11-09-2006, 07:01 PM
Sure you want the Vetting process to proceed on your bathrobe wearing ass?

Does it come with a new bathrobe? I have to admit I have been posting in the buff in the mornings since I lost mine.

ODShowtime
11-09-2006, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Lqskdiver
Hell, I say bring back Powell to his old post and put Condi in the VP chair.

That oughta make you fuckers sweat a bit, AND at the same time give Hilary an eyefull when she announces her canidacy.

Not sure if Powell would come back though.

But hot damn, I definitely like to see Condi in those roles.

:rolleyes: