PDA

View Full Version : Family that got drenched in feces and urine decides to sue Greyhound.

rustoffa
11-10-2006, 09:53 PM
Bus waste victims suing Greyhound

By MARK REITER
BLADE STAFF WRITER

An Ottawa County family has learned the hard way that getting behind a passenger bus on an interstate highway can be dangerous to one's health.

Robert and Angela Stokes of Graytown are suing Greyhound Lines Inc. in Lucas County Common Pleas Court over a load of human waste one of its buses released on their sport utility vehicle as they were on I-75 in Toledo on a spring day in 2005.

The waste from the bus' sanitary tank went through the open windows and sunroof of their 2002 Ford Explorer, contaminating the outside and inside of the SUV and drenching the occu-pants, including their son, 9, and daughter, 10.

The Stokes, who were covered with urine, feces, toilet paper, and human waste, were returning home after celebrating Mother's Day on May 8, 2005, at a Toledo restaurant.

According to a police report, Mr. Stokes was merging onto northbound I-75 from the Willys Parkway entrance ramp and got wedged in traffic behind the bus. The Greyhound then dumped its load.

"My client was driving in heavy traffic. They had nowhere to go. What can you do?'' Robert Bryce, an attorney for the family, said yesterday.

Despite being covered with waste, Mr. Stokes followed the bus to obtain its identification information and license plate number. His wife relayed the information to a 911 operator by cell phone, Mr. Bryce said.

Also in the vehicle was the Stokes' son, Thomas Groll, 22, who also is named as a plaintiff in the complaint that was filed Friday. The Stokes and Mr. Groll are seeking unspecified punitive damages from Greyhound and compensation to pay for expenses incurred by the plaintiffs for medical treatment and testing for infectious diseases.

Mr. Bryce said the Stokes' vehicle was declared a total loss by their insurance company because the stench and filth couldn't be removed, even though the interior was steam-cleaned several times.

Anna Folmnsbee with Greyhound headquarters in Dallas said company policy would not allow her to comment.

link (http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061109/NEWS02/611090363/-1/NEWS)

Little Texan
11-10-2006, 10:15 PM
Shitty situation...

LoungeMachine
11-10-2006, 10:46 PM
Dave Matthew's Tour bus unloaded on a boat full of tourists outside of Chicago one year...

Always shocked me one of Dave's floaters never ended up on ebay

rustoffa
11-10-2006, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Dave Matthew's Tour bus unloaded on a boat full of tourists outside of Chicago one year...

The SUV fared better than the boat, IMO. What could be worse than having a bus load of hummus-fuel'd, dope-smoking, closeted, pseudo-jam-band queers' turds dumped on you?

Weigh in!
:D

Little Texan
11-11-2006, 12:03 AM
Can you imagine being covered in a mixture of other people's shit, piss, and possibly even vomit? That had to be a horrible experience for those people! Is that a normal practice for a bus to empty its shit tank while going down the highway?

rustoffa
11-11-2006, 12:36 AM
Funny story:

There was this kid that had a trampoline back in the old neighborhood. There was a couple of stupid fucking Great Danes in that yard as well. When the stupid fucking Great Danes weren't barking mindlessly at a pile of pinestraw or whatever, they'd take HUGE shits all over. The kid was always cuntplaining about having to bury the piles of shit. So, you know how you can "double-bounce" another person on a trampoline? Like, right before they land, you can send 'em flying with a well-timed jump? Well, this dude got double-bounced off the trampoline into a hole-full-of dog shit one afternoon. Fucking face-first. Unbelievable...the kid's mom was like hosing him off from 5 feet away.

You guessed it...everyone called him shithead for awhile after that.
:p

LoungeMachine
11-11-2006, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by rustoffa

pile of pinestraw or whatever,

:p

Just wanted to point out the first "pinestraw" reference to ever grace these pages....

And no search was required on my part....

rustoffa
11-11-2006, 08:57 PM
Just wanted to point out the first "pinestraw" reference to ever grace these pages....

And no search was required on my part....

http://www.agr.state.nc.us/images/research/PineStrawResearch.jpg

Terry
11-11-2006, 09:24 PM
Kinda taken aback that Greyhound didn't just offer to pay for the vehicle and medical expenses...and ask that the family desist from filing suit.

Not like Greyhound couldn't afford it. They're clearly culpable.

On the other hand, this won't hurt their business regardless, so they have nothing to lose.

blonddgirl777
11-11-2006, 11:08 PM
Holly shit!!!
No... I could never survive something like this... No!

A while ago, they reported that a construction worker was "doing his business" in a "Port-o-Potty" or "Johny-on-the-spot", and the platform it was on, broke...
He fell 1 level, upside down... drenched in poo!

EEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

LoungeMachine
11-11-2006, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Terry

so they have nothing to lose.

so to speak :D

NATEDOG001976
11-12-2006, 11:51 AM

I know, I would think some sick fan would buy it.

binnie
11-12-2006, 03:30 PM
HAHAHAHA!!!!

Others people's misfortune is funny.

A fantastic find.

binnie
11-12-2006, 03:31 PM
Their kids are gonna have some interesting therapy sessions in the years to come.....

Little Texan
11-13-2006, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by blonddgirl777
Holly shit!!!
No... I could never survive something like this... No!

A while ago, they reported that a construction worker was "doing his business" in a "Port-o-Potty" or "Johny-on-the-spot", and the platform it was on, broke...
He fell 1 level, upside down... drenched in poo!

EEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Those Port-a-johns can get really unpleasant on a construction site, too, especially if there a good number of workers, and if it hasn't been serviced in a while. They're the worst during the hot summer months, and combined with the afformentioned conditions, they can get pretty ripe! I couldn't imagine having all that rotten shit dumped all over me!

Little Texan
11-13-2006, 01:44 AM

They sell them on ebay all the time...they're called Dave Matthews Band albums!

Little Texan
11-13-2006, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by binnie
HAHAHAHA!!!!

Others people's misfortune is funny.

A fantastic find.

Yep, it's funny, until it happens to you...

RuzDNailz
11-13-2006, 02:18 AM
The funny thing about this is that many people play these pranks on others using these port-a-potties! Basically get a few people to tip it over and run like hell before the shit drenched victim gets out to extract vengeance! Worse case scenerio being tipped over onto the door side and being trapped inside the smelling hell hole.

binnie
11-13-2006, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by Little Texan
Yep, it's funny, until it happens to you...

Exactly.

But I'll take that chance and keep on laughing.

svrwthr
12-07-2006, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by binnie
Exactly.

But I'll take that chance and keep on laughing.

Totally agree. I am a sick man and am still laughing so hard I have tears flowing. I will envision this hilarity in my dreams tonight.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
12-07-2006, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by RuzDNailz
The funny thing about this is that many people play these pranks on others using these port-a-potties! Basically get a few people to tip it over and run like hell before the shit drenched victim gets out to extract vengeance! Worse case scenerio being tipped over onto the door side and being trapped inside the smelling hell hole.

Not funny. People can die like that from trauma and asphyxiation.

Nitro Express
12-07-2006, 04:56 AM
Have you seen the type of people that ride Greyhound? The people themselves are pieces of shit. Shit from venerial diseased, drug addicts. It would be bad enough to get hit with shit from a bus full of Playboy playmates but Greyhound shit and piss is the lowest level next to a Haitian cess pool.

binnie
12-07-2006, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by svrwthr
Totally agree. I am a sick man and am still laughing so hard I have tears flowing. I will envision this hilarity in my dreams tonight.

Every time I need a laugh, I think about this story.....

That's a Jackass stunt I'd like to see,....