X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MUSICMANN
    Sniper
    • Apr 2004

Alot here, are hippocrites

All this moaning about MA not being asked to be part of whatever is going to happen with VH in 07. I remember awhile back there was a thread about the band or something and i mentioned that MA and Alex were a integral part of the back bone of VH. I got my ass verbally whipped to shreds, with comments like, shit you could get anyone to play bass and drums, but Ed and Dave are the real musical duo in the band.

Now, Dave is probably back in, and Ma is probably in cobo sucking on Sammy's crank, you all are saying that Ma is a integral part of whats going to happen. Sounds top me like there is a bunch of you that can't seem to stick to what you actually post on this board.

I myself would love to have the origional band back for 07, but who knows but the guys themselves is the reason why MA has not been asked to be a part of it. Shit, he may have been listening to when Ed was on stern and what he was saying, and then after called Ed and said his kid was a piece of shit meat sack, who knows.
  • ppg960
    Sniper
    • Dec 2005

Re: Alot here, are hippocrites

Originally posted by MUSICMANN
    All this moaning about MA not being asked to be part of whatever is going to happen with VH in 07. I remember awhile back there was a thread about the band or something and i mentioned that MA and Alex were a integral part of the back bone of VH. I got my ass verbally whipped to shreds, with comments like, shit you could get anyone to play bass and drums, but Ed and Dave are the real musical duo in the band.

Now, Dave is probably back in, and Ma is probably in cobo sucking on Sammy's crank, you all are saying that Ma is a integral part of whats going to happen. Sounds top me like there is a bunch of you that can't seem to stick to what you actually post on this board.

I myself would love to have the origional band back for 07, but who knows but the guys themselves is the reason why MA has not been asked to be a part of it. Shit, he may have been listening to when Ed was on stern and what he was saying, and then after called Ed and said his kid was a piece of shit meat sack, who knows.
    No Shit, I agree. You can dig 100's of posts here saying that losing Michael / Alex is no big deal!
    It's not the same unless all four are there. Van Halen had a different sound with Hagar. Many people here hated it and I respect that. But stick to your guns and insure CVH is CVH. Not another warmed over version.

Comment

• Revan
      Head Fluffer
      • Sep 2006

I think the people here have been very straight about what they believe - there's a faction here that believes Mike and Al are unessential, and that it's really about Dave and Edward. On the other hand, others feel all four are integral to making it work.

Odds are, you got your ass whipped by those who are sticking with their original point of view. I doubt anybody's mind has changed overnight.
      http://photos.meetup.com/photos/memb...er_220996.jpeg

Originally posted by Steve Savicki
      Gentlemen,

If a thread called "the sheep pen" has the longest post count to date, I say that's work of a true genius!
      Originally posted by thome
      I used to run headlong into a oak tree down at the local park .Really slam my skull into it, you know with FEELING.The local kids used to stand around and watch and smoke doobies good time was had by all. Anyway the city cut the tree down so my bitch is.....What was the question?

Comment

• Terry
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Have always said that Ed and Dave were the core elements of CVH for me. Have also said that I'd be more interested now in what Ed and Dave could come up with accompanied by somebody other than Al and Mike on drums and bass.

The weight of the CVH history and legacy seems to be a hinderance more than a benefit for these guys now.

BY THE SAME TOKEN, Ed putting his son into the band as the bass player (regardless of how good he is), and going out on the road with Wolfie, Al and Dave billed as Van Halen....well, it's more acceptable to me than Van Hagar or Van Cherone being billed as Van Halen, but not by much, and only because Roth is the voice of Van Halen.

To me, it's just not Van Halen until Ed, Dave, Al and Mike are there.

Plus, with Mike there, perhaps Dave would have someone who could be a bit of an ally, since Mike has been shit on by the brothers, too. With Wolfie there, the whole situation is too unbalanced with too many Van Halens on one side and Roth on the other. And what if Wolfie stinks? How's Dave gonna be able to break the news to Ed? "Hey, your kid...well, not so good"?

In the end, it has to do with chemistry. Am not saying the chemistry of CVH will be recreated by default of the original four being there, but it sure ain't gonna be with Ed's kid there, least not in any way I can see. In the end, bringing his kid into the band in just the latest in a decade long series of nutty ideas by Mr.Fingers. Hey, in 1985 Roth walked. Ed wanted Sam in the band. Whatever. Since 1996, Dave's wanted to be there, we've all wanted to see it, and the Van Halens couldn't be bothered. Now, the Van Halens are beginning to feel what it's like when it's the FANS who can't be bothered with them - 2004 was a wakeup call.
        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• MUSICMANN
          Sniper
          • Apr 2004

Guys lets look at it this way. MA had been aligning himself with Sammy since before the 04 dibacle. Which version of VH and those fans do you think he has chosen. During the 04 tour it is known him and Sammy were flying from show to show seperatly from Ed and Al. Everyone want' s to say Ed has lost it, he's just a drunk now, but the way i see it is, he got talked into doing the tour and once it started realized it was a huge mistake, hence getting loaded everynight for every show, and then at the end breaking his guiter, very unEdward like and screaming this is it.

He was just probably making sure that his dealing with sammy was over and whoever wanted to stay in VH, should get on board. To me it doesn't seem like MA wanted to, hence the situation as it stands now. MA alligance seems to be with the Van Hager fans and not with the true CVH ones, and if thats not true, then whay the fuck is he still going out on tour with Sammy as the other half. I still am very hopeful, that someone will talk to him and make him see the light.

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

Re: Alot here, are hippocrites

I got my ass verbally whipped to shreds,
            Not be me...

Comment

• firestarter
              Head Fluffer
              • Jan 2004

not me either, I stick by my support for mikey being in cvh, his background vocals are a key element to the sound of this band...case closed!!

Comment

• Hardrock69
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2005

It is the principle of the thing.

IF all four original members are alive and functional, that is the band I would pay to see.

Any other situation is unacceptable.

CVH or the grave!

No I never got verbally ass-whipped, as I never had a different opinion.

I have stated all along I will not bother with them if MA is not in the lineup.

Comment

• rustoffa
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

MA had been aligning himself with Sammy since before the 04 dibacle.
                  It goes WAY back. I remember reading an interview with Randy Newman....he was asked about the cuntroversy regarding his wildly popular "Short People" song. He said some shit about how people from all walks of life were pissed about it...how it was possibly the birth of political correctness. He eventually made some joke about the "I cant drive 55 guy", and "the Van Halen Bass Player" expressing disdain for the song. "It was like Short People meets Spinal Tap......at least they have the tiny Stone Henge."

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2004

Alot here, are hippocrites.
                    And some are hippos but won't tell you.

I require perfection in my posters as well.

Also the band must be perfect in their personal lives or their brilliant art will be boycotted .

I'd rather fit in with strangers on a forum.

I'm fucked like that.

Bon Jovi is for pooftahs and girliemen.

Comment

• Panamark
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

I wonder if all the MA/Sammy lovers understand now why
                      we wanted the band name changed to Van Hagar when
                      Dave left.

They are now going to scream "Its not Van Halen without Mikey"
                      well its never been Van Halen with Sammy.. (For us !)

If they can accept a key member change to the lineup,
                      and still call it Van Halen.. Then whats the prob if MA
                      is not there ?? Using their logic, its still Van Halen...
                      BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                      Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• ELVIS
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2003

Yep, but not according to my logic...

Comment

• rustoffa
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
                          Alot here, are hippocrites.
                          And some are hippos but won't tell you.

I require perfection in my posters as well.

Also the band must be perfect in their personal lives or their brilliant art will be boycotted .

I'd rather fit in with strangers on a forum.

I'm fucked like that.

Bon Jovi is for pooftahs and girliemen.
                          Fucking GOLD.

Read between the lines, dipshits.

Can ya do it?

NO...YOU CAN'T

You can try....that's all we ask.

You see, the nature of genuine EFFORT makes the world go 'round.

EFFORT is non-demonisational....it's like MATH.

GET IT TOGETHER DIPSHITS!

Comment

• bueno bob
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jul 2004

I'm a hippo. I have no problem with admitting it. And I'm only admitting it to piss people off.

Are YOU pissed off yet?

Trust me, I can try harder.
                            Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

Working...