PDA

View Full Version : Damn, another Deadline

LoungeMachine
11-13-2006, 08:18 PM
I made the commitment, and now I have to abide by it. People are counting on it. Their plans are hinging on me following the plan.

I know the students here, like Brian going for his Masters Degree know good and well about deadlines.

In work, school, family, church, we all deal with deadlines.

So my question to those few left in here against this........

Why is the Iraqi Government so special as to not be held to the same standards????

We give other nations and governments deadlines all the time. We require deadlines to be respected of our own government.

But not Iraq.

To them, we say ......ehh, whenever you get around to standing up your own security forces, and arranging the lights to stay on 24 hrs......let us know. We're in no hurry.

Take your time:rolleyes:

I say NO to no deadlines with Malaki & Co.

:cool:

Hardrock69
11-13-2006, 09:58 PM
We possess their oil fields. Why should we be in any hurry to leave?

ODShowtime
11-13-2006, 10:54 PM
Any sort of timeline can be disrupted by violence. But all their plans are FUCKED because of the violence.

And it has officially spun completely out of control.

The bombing of the golden shrine in february was the beginning of the real civil war.

ODShowtime
11-13-2006, 11:00 PM
this is when you started seeing reports of 50 dead motherfuckers a day in Iraq

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33333

LoungeMachine
11-13-2006, 11:12 PM
How does not giving the Iraqis a deadline NOT emboldening the enemy?

Doesn't setting a deadline tell the insurgents, "you guys are no longer worthy of our attention, the Iraqis can handle you now.

After all, aren't the insurgents Iraqis too for the most part?

This is crazy.

ULTRAMAN VH
11-14-2006, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
How does not giving the Iraqis a deadline NOT emboldening the enemy?

Doesn't setting a deadline tell the insurgents, "you guys are no longer worthy of our attention, the Iraqis can handle you now.

After all, aren't the insurgents Iraqis too for the most part?

This is crazy.

Not really, due to Iraqs porous borders the Insurgency is drawing membership from various diverse backgrounds. Foreign Islamist fighters are coming from Syria, Saudi Arabia, Yemen and Sudan. And lets not forget Irans machinations and influence on Iraq.

LoungeMachine
11-14-2006, 10:00 AM
That doesn't answer the question "why are we still there'?

Are we securing the "porous" borders?

Obviously not if so many "fighters are coming in"

Are we now the Iraqi National Guard?

This is what you support?

And what percentage of fighters are from other countries? Have yuo researched this, or just reciting the FOX talking points?

And would they still be coming in if we weren't there?

Isn't a nice big target of American Troops exactly why they come?

As for Iran, do they not have a stake in what happens with a neighbor? If Canada was invaded and occupied wouldn't we...........oh never mind, it's just Canada.

Iran also supports Hamas. Does this mean you support troops being sent to `Gaza to fight them there as well?

You're pretty cavalier with other people's lives

Dr. Love
11-14-2006, 10:39 AM
There's still money to be made you weak-spined sissy! ;)

ULTRAMAN VH
11-15-2006, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
That doesn't answer the question "why are we still there'?

Are we securing the "porous" borders?

Obviously not if so many "fighters are coming in"

Are we now the Iraqi National Guard?

This is what you support?

And what percentage of fighters are from other countries? Have yuo researched this, or just reciting the FOX talking points?

And would they still be coming in if we weren't there?

Isn't a nice big target of American Troops exactly why they come?

As for Iran, do they not have a stake in what happens with a neighbor? If Canada was invaded and occupied wouldn't we...........oh never mind, it's just Canada.

Iran also supports Hamas. Does this mean you support troops being sent to `Gaza to fight them there as well?

You're pretty cavalier with other people's lives

Why don't you ask THE BURNING BUSH why we are still there?? I will give you a hint though, Black Gold, Texas Tea also known as OIL. As far as being cavalier with others lives?? I don't recall ever being a supporter of this war. You see, it is real easy for you to lump all conservatives into the neocon category, but not all conservatives agreed with the war.

Lqskdiver
11-15-2006, 05:55 PM
Lounge, you have valid concerns.

My feeling is the deadline has long since passed. But when you are dealing with lives and not diplomas, it's not easy to just up and run, as you are suggesting. You are basically leaving them semi defenseless to the opposing forces that are supported by Iran and Syria.

THAT, is being cavalier with others lives.