3. "(What's The Story) Morning Glory?" (1995), Oasis -- 4.3m

4. "Brothers In Arms" (1985), Dire Straits -- 3.9m

5. "Gold: Greatest Hits" (1992), Abba -- 3.9m

6. "The Dark Side Of The Moon" (1973), Pink Floyd -- 3.7m

7. "Greatest Hits II" (1991), Queen -- 3.6m

8. "Thriller" (1982), Michael Jackson -- 3.5m

9. "Bad" (1987), Michael Jackson -- 3.5m

10. "The Immaculate Collection" (1990), Madonna -- 3.4m

So much for Michael Jackson being the thriller.

binnie
11-17-2006, 10:00 AM
Damn, that's a sad, sad list......

I fucking hate Queen....

Steve Savicki
11-17-2006, 11:00 AM
Why?

Casemeister
11-17-2006, 11:17 AM
Not the best list, but I have the two Queen albums on it. I listen to GHII MUCH more than the first GH album. In fact, I can't remember the last time I listened to that original GH album.

I can't imagine an Australian list being all that much different. Definitely no GHII from Queen, and no "Bad," and possibly/probably no Oasis, but other than that, the UK and Australia are probably fairly close.

Mr Badguy
11-17-2006, 04:19 PM
That`s pretty good, actually.

Whether you like Queen or not, "Greatest hits" is an embarassment of riches.

"Bohemian Rhapsody", "We are the champions", "Another one bites the dust", "Flash" etc., any band would be proud to have even one of those songs, god damn, when they say "Greatest hits", they mean it.

Besides, the British have had a pretty poor taste in music in the post punk years and it`s good to know that none of the faddish bands who have come and gone (with the exception of Oasis (the most hyped British band ever)) have made that list.

I can live with Abba, Pink Floyd, Dire Straits and Michael Jackson being in that top ten.

Terry
11-18-2006, 10:14 AM
Have both Queen entries and ABBA.

Have no use for the rest of the list, either from having heard it too many times (Beatles Sgt. Pepper) or being uninterested in the artists from day one (Madonna).

The list is a UK list, am assuming...

Mr. Vengeance
11-18-2006, 10:56 AM
I've never understood the U.K's fascination with Queen. I always found most of their stuff boring, although they did have some catchy hits. I guess that's why the hits albums are selling so much. They really hit the skids after The Game. Just awful awful, Radio Gaga bullshit. Sountracks to garbage movies like Flash Gordon. Just awful.

Terry
11-18-2006, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
I've never understood the U.K's fascination with Queen. I always found most of their stuff boring, although they did have some catchy hits. I guess that's why the hits albums are selling so much. They really hit the skids after The Game. Just awful awful, Radio Gaga bullshit. Sountracks to garbage movies like Flash Gordon. Just awful.

They had some good tracks after the Game, but they did have a lot of poo, agreed.

Actually thought Innuendo was the best thing they did after the Game, IMO.

But they were still doing great live work in Europe throughout the mid 1980s. They just kind of gave up on America after 1982 or so.

Matt White
11-18-2006, 11:27 AM
QUEEN

BRILLIANT band

Grate songwriters....

Brian May is an excellent guitarist............

They ROCKED early only.........and always stayed interesting