PDA

View Full Version : New York Dolls Record

binnie
11-22-2006, 03:06 AM
New York Dolls - One day it will please us to remember even this.

Anyone heard this yet, their first record in 30 years?

I was expecting a disaster, but this is a fucking spectacular record, every song is beautifully crafted but recorded in a really raw way by Jack Douglas - sounds like the band is in the room with you, you can really feel it you know?

David Johnansen has always been an underrated lyricist, IMO and his vocals are incredible on this record.

I cannot recomend it highly enough. Records like this do not come around very often.

Tiki-Tom
11-23-2006, 01:57 AM
Thanks for posting about this binnie. I was wondering if it was worth the trouble. I always liked their old stuff. It's been so long I had myself doubting they could still pull it off. Now ya got my hopes up. I'll be giving it a listen.

binnie
11-23-2006, 02:48 AM
Do give it a listen, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised....

MAPRamone
11-23-2006, 12:58 PM
Gotta have a listen. Two original members left, am i correct?

Loons The Great
11-23-2006, 06:22 PM
I think it was on,"Lightning In A Bottle," dvd that David Johnansen sang a Howlin' Wolf song with Hubert Sumlin on guitar--that was pretty cool.

Hardrock69
11-23-2006, 07:59 PM
They are playing a club gig here in Gnashville in about 2 weeks. I am planning on checking it out.

binnie
11-24-2006, 03:29 AM
Originally posted by MAPRamone
Gotta have a listen. Two original members left, am i correct?

Yes, David and Syl.

It's well worth a listen.

Mr. Vengeance
11-24-2006, 08:08 PM
Well...considering it's not the whole band, which is impossible at this point...I turn a phrase to coincide with their classic, Too Much Too Soon

Too Little Too Late