X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

'New' VAN HALEN Lineup Subject Of 'Jimmy Kimmel' Comedy Segment

'New' VAN HALEN Lineup Subject Of 'Jimmy Kimmel' Comedy Segment - Nov. 20, 2006
    Jimmy Kimmel joked during his "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" monologue the other night about news that Eddie Van Halen's son, 15-year-old Wolfgang Van Halen, has joined the veteran band as the replacement for longtime bassist Michael Anthony. Watch the comedy segment here.

According to Billboard.com, father and son, along with Eddie's drummer brother Alex, have been rehearsing for a 2007 tour, but it is unknown who will serve as the band's vocalist. (Wolfgang's substitution for original bass player Michael Anthony was first reported by news web site TMZ.com.)

Rumors continue to swirl that original singer David Lee Roth, who was replaced by Sammy Hagar in the mid-1980s, will return to the fold, despite years of enmity. Roth, who has recently worked as a radio DJ and a paramedic, told Billboard.com in May that he saw it "absolutely as an inevitability."

Official site of record label Elektra Music Group: Elektra Records, Fueled By Ramen, Roadrunner, Low Country Sound, Black Cement, Public Consumption, DTA Records
  • binnie
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2006

Who is Jimmy Kimmel?

Well, having a 15 year old bass player's gonna make people laugh I suppose....
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Matt White
      • Jun 2004

HA!!!

BRILLIANT

Any publicity is good publicity.........KIMMEL rocks....

Comment

• defensor1fortis
        Roth Army Recruit
        • Nov 2006

vh/ wolfie

Just to let everyone know who is doubting wolfgang's talent there was an interview with Mike during the last tour when wolfie was playing with the band in the last couple of shows of the tour, Mike said wolfie is just like Eddie on the Guitar, but better then I (Mike Anthony) on the base.

This kid is for real he after all he has the best teacher in the world.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

I don't give a shit if he can play the bass with his ample asshole...

he shouldn't be in the fucking band...period...

although I have to say if he DID play with his ASSHOLE...

it would befit his father...
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• bueno bob
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jul 2004

Re: vh/ wolfie

Originally posted by defensor1fortis
            Just to let everyone know who is doubting wolfgang's talent there was an interview with Mike during the last tour when wolfie was playing with the band in the last couple of shows of the tour, Mike said wolfie is just like Eddie on the Guitar, but better then I (Mike Anthony) on the base.

This kid is for real he after all he has the best teacher in the world.
            To somewhat echo Pojo on this...

So what?

Just because you can "play well" (and from his footage on the videos from 2004, he doesn't) doesn't mean you have any business being in Van Halen.

Mike getting fired at this point in the game is bullshit, regardless of the reasons.
            Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• binnie
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2006

Originally posted by bueno bob

Mike getting fired at this point in the game is bullshit, regardless of the reasons.
              Yep, a further decline of a great band into pantomime.....
              The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• bueno bob
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jul 2004

It's a circus...
                Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• bantonelli
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Nov 2004

Pojo's on the $$$.
                  "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• bueno bob
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jul 2004

As are everyone who feels the same and has been saying the same for months now.

I find it hard to believe anybody can be divided over this, but I guess that's just me... :confused:
                    Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

Working...