X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • katie
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Nov 2004

If The Reunion Falls Through.....

IF THE REUNION FALLS THROUGH WHAT SHOULD DLR DO NEXT?

I would like to see him put together an all star band with VH1 involvement & record a 40min CD of killer rock tracks ala DLR Band 1998.

Then on the back of the press coverage for the TV show, Play as many territories as possible

I would hate to see him carry on with the same solo show he is doing at the moment.

Thoughts anyone?
  • Rikk
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

I hate ROCKSTAR...but he could do a season and make a new band?

Otherwise, a supergroup is the way to go. VELVET REVOLVER, ARMY OF ANYONE, AUDIOSLAVE...
    Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
    Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• katie
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Nov 2004

SUPERGROUP is what i meant, but with a VH1 special kinda thing with rehersals interviews, gig footage etc.
      Would be pretty cool to watch

Comment

• Terry
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

If the reunion falls through, what else CAN Dave do?

If it's commercial success or a financial bonanza he's hunting for, CVH is the only thing that's gonna make it happen, because the public at large is indifferent to any and everything else he has tried.

He may as well go back on the road, solo-style (with maybe a BIT more emphasis on SOLO, in terms of his setlist). Maybe put out another book.

At the very least, if CVH can't get it together enough to hit the stage, maybe Dave can convince those two cunts to finally put out a longform CVH dvd, and leave the Van Hagar shit OFF of it.

I mean, does it really matter what Dave does if CVH flubs another reunion attempt? Most people don't care about what he's doing anymore outside of Van Halen anyway, so there's a wonderful freedom in that; he can do whatever the fuck he wants to - the hardcore audience will give it a chance and everyone else still won't care.
        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
          Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Sorry...not here to post on the topic at hand.

Just saying "howdy" to Rikk in a thread where 8,000 other people haven't already done so.

Welcome back.
          Originally posted by perilouspete
          fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
            Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

But...since I'm here...

If the reunion falls through, Dave should just say "fuck it" and enjoy his life without the hassles of chasing stardom.

Dave is the man, but this "possible reunion" seems like his last best hope of recapturing the stratospheric heights that used to be the norm for him.
            Originally posted by perilouspete
            fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• ppg960
              Sniper
              • Dec 2005

???

It's not even close to being offical. Don't get your hopes up.
              Many issues would need to be resolved before this could ever happen.
              I think it will take alot to get the four guys back up on stage again.

Comment

• binnie
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2006

If it does fall through, we definately need a new Dave record...
                The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• SNIPER
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jun 2004

if it falls through another Dave album of new rock tunes would be just fine with me. Although I think this is it this time. I think it is really gonna happen. There are too many strange things going on and like 96 this is the right time again. That is just my feelings on it.

Comment

• DLRdelight!
                    Veteran
                    • Jul 2004

yeah it would be good for all if them to not continue if this is the last tour if it happens. and if anythin release rare stuff if they ever need money. they should only continue together

Comment

• binnie
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2006

Originally posted by DLRdelight!
                      yeah it would be good for all if them to not continue if this is the last tour if it happens. and if anythin release rare stuff if they ever need money. they should only continue together
                      Lets all pray....

Comment

• Wawazat
                        ROCKSTAR

• Jul 2005

...for spell check
                        Day-dreaming's gone commercial

Comment

• binnie
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • May 2006

Originally posted by Wawazat
                          ...for spell check
                          Lol!

I wish I could give you five stars again!

Comment

• Ellyllions
                            Veteran
                            • Mar 2006

Ya'll are gonna hate me for all of this but...

If the reunion doesn't happen:
                            -Edward and Alex should just retire. Try to live normal lives outside the music but stay out of the limelight. Let it go with some dignity. It should've been considered before the VH III fiasco if they truly weren't willing to work with Dave again. If the drama keeps going they'll both become Rock's Michael Jacksons. Nothing but jokes and awkward silence.

-Dave should go Broadway. (I haven't even hit submit and I can already hear the groans) I'm sorry, but if the reunion falls through he'll be lumped right with Edward and Alex as far as the laughing is concerned. Broadway is where stars go to die with dignity. (MY OPINION) They still get the thrill of a live audience, he's still got the chops for vocals, and he looks MAGNIFICENT for his age. Success on Broadway will add to his "showman" resume and keep him relevant. Which is what he wants, he's always been a showman anyway.
                            "If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace." - Hamilton Fish

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

it's not "IF" but "WHEN the reunion falls through"....
                              Roth Army Icon
                              First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

Working...