PDA

View Full Version : If The Reunion Falls Through.....

katie
11-28-2006, 07:25 PM
IF THE REUNION FALLS THROUGH WHAT SHOULD DLR DO NEXT?

I would like to see him put together an all star band with VH1 involvement & record a 40min CD of killer rock tracks ala DLR Band 1998.

Then on the back of the press coverage for the TV show, Play as many territories as possible

I would hate to see him carry on with the same solo show he is doing at the moment.

Thoughts anyone?

Rikk
11-28-2006, 07:27 PM
I hate ROCKSTAR...but he could do a season and make a new band?

Otherwise, a supergroup is the way to go. VELVET REVOLVER, ARMY OF ANYONE, AUDIOSLAVE...

katie
11-28-2006, 07:30 PM
SUPERGROUP is what i meant, but with a VH1 special kinda thing with rehersals interviews, gig footage etc.
Would be pretty cool to watch

Terry
11-28-2006, 08:48 PM
If the reunion falls through, what else CAN Dave do?

If it's commercial success or a financial bonanza he's hunting for, CVH is the only thing that's gonna make it happen, because the public at large is indifferent to any and everything else he has tried.

He may as well go back on the road, solo-style (with maybe a BIT more emphasis on SOLO, in terms of his setlist). Maybe put out another book.

At the very least, if CVH can't get it together enough to hit the stage, maybe Dave can convince those two cunts to finally put out a longform CVH dvd, and leave the Van Hagar shit OFF of it.

I mean, does it really matter what Dave does if CVH flubs another reunion attempt? Most people don't care about what he's doing anymore outside of Van Halen anyway, so there's a wonderful freedom in that; he can do whatever the fuck he wants to - the hardcore audience will give it a chance and everyone else still won't care.

fryingdutchman
11-28-2006, 10:32 PM
Sorry...not here to post on the topic at hand.

Just saying "howdy" to Rikk in a thread where 8,000 other people haven't already done so.

Welcome back.

fryingdutchman
11-28-2006, 10:33 PM
But...since I'm here...

If the reunion falls through, Dave should just say "fuck it" and enjoy his life without the hassles of chasing stardom.

Dave is the man, but this "possible reunion" seems like his last best hope of recapturing the stratospheric heights that used to be the norm for him.

ppg960
11-29-2006, 12:19 AM
It's not even close to being offical. Don't get your hopes up.
Many issues would need to be resolved before this could ever happen.
I think it will take alot to get the four guys back up on stage again.

binnie
11-29-2006, 02:47 AM
If it does fall through, we definately need a new Dave record...

SNIPER
11-29-2006, 02:58 AM
if it falls through another Dave album of new rock tunes would be just fine with me. Although I think this is it this time. I think it is really gonna happen. There are too many strange things going on and like 96 this is the right time again. That is just my feelings on it.

DLRdelight!
11-29-2006, 03:19 AM
yeah it would be good for all if them to not continue if this is the last tour if it happens. and if anythin release rare stuff if they ever need money. they should only continue together

binnie
11-29-2006, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by DLRdelight!
yeah it would be good for all if them to not continue if this is the last tour if it happens. and if anythin release rare stuff if they ever need money. they should only continue together

Lets all pray....

Wawazat
11-29-2006, 07:18 AM
...for spell check

binnie
11-29-2006, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by Wawazat
...for spell check

Lol!

I wish I could give you five stars again!

Ellyllions
11-29-2006, 07:30 AM
Ya'll are gonna hate me for all of this but...

If the reunion doesn't happen:
-Edward and Alex should just retire. Try to live normal lives outside the music but stay out of the limelight. Let it go with some dignity. It should've been considered before the VH III fiasco if they truly weren't willing to work with Dave again. If the drama keeps going they'll both become Rock's Michael Jacksons. Nothing but jokes and awkward silence.

-Dave should go Broadway. (I haven't even hit submit and I can already hear the groans) I'm sorry, but if the reunion falls through he'll be lumped right with Edward and Alex as far as the laughing is concerned. Broadway is where stars go to die with dignity. (MY OPINION) They still get the thrill of a live audience, he's still got the chops for vocals, and he looks MAGNIFICENT for his age. Success on Broadway will add to his "showman" resume and keep him relevant. Which is what he wants, he's always been a showman anyway.

DavidLeeNatra
11-29-2006, 07:37 AM
it's not "IF" but "WHEN the reunion falls through".... :(

DooMer87
11-29-2006, 05:48 PM
If the reunion falls through, dave needs a new, all-original hard rocking new album to bring him back. And then he needs to tour all continents.

This reunion must happen! Ed, Alex, and Dave have no other choice!

Terry
11-29-2006, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Ellyllions
Ya'll are gonna hate me for all of this but...

If the reunion doesn't happen:
-Edward and Alex should just retire. Try to live normal lives outside the music but stay out of the limelight. Let it go with some dignity. It should've been considered before the VH III fiasco if they truly weren't willing to work with Dave again. If the drama keeps going they'll both become Rock's Michael Jacksons. Nothing but jokes and awkward silence.

-Dave should go Broadway. (I haven't even hit submit and I can already hear the groans) I'm sorry, but if the reunion falls through he'll be lumped right with Edward and Alex as far as the laughing is concerned. Broadway is where stars go to die with dignity. (MY OPINION) They still get the thrill of a live audience, he's still got the chops for vocals, and he looks MAGNIFICENT for his age. Success on Broadway will add to his "showman" resume and keep him relevant. Which is what he wants, he's always been a showman anyway.

I'd agree with the Broadway idea maybe even ten years ago, but since the mid 1980s Broadway has become slowly more and more trite...I mean, shit like Rent, hacks like Madonna and Hugh Jackman showing up in various casts and shows based on a bunch of Billy Joel and Who songs? There's not a lot of dignity left on Broadway to be found for Dave to ride out his sunset years, career-wise, and it has the makings of another radio-show debacle, or another failed Vegas stint - something that would be very short-term at best...I guess what I'm saying is I'd like to think Roth still has too much talent and energy in his arsenal to lower himself to what will end up being lost in the shuffle among the bunch of half-assed plays rife with 'star turns' going on...

Plus, I'd never get to go see it live in the flesh anyway...

But maybe just continuing with what he has been spending the majority of his time doing since 1996, which is touring with "The Classic Van Halen Experience Live Featuring David Lee Roth" only has so much life left in it...

Even when I don't always connect with the result, I have to give it up for Dave's ability to take some offbeat tangents here and there (1995 Vegas stint, autobiography, No Holds Bar B Que, touring with Hagar, the Diamond Dave CD, radio dj stint, Van Strumming)...at least he isn't 100% predictable.

VanHalener
11-29-2006, 09:05 PM
:argh:

If it falls through I'm coming to your place to go postal Katie, because you jinxed it.

:wow2:

Just Kidding Katie. If it comes to an official announcement of a reunion and then they back out, I think I'll do a shot or two for DLR and kick back with my guitar and Van Halen albums for a few days.

Rizla
11-29-2006, 09:30 PM
I'd just love to see DLR do anything that's great.

"Could this be magic" kind of stuff, "Yankee Rose" kind of stuff, anything!

He's got what it takes to move people, no question. Even at his worst, he's someone you'd invite to the party. I'd just like to see it done brilliantly.

tom5150warner
11-29-2006, 10:21 PM
everyone just fuckin bow your head and pray to god tonite, we'll get to see em jam just one more time. I've been doin just that since the last time i saw them in 1984!

lztom
11-30-2006, 04:48 PM
If (when) the reunion falls through, there's really nothing credible that any of the parties could conceivably do. Hell, even a reunion might be a joke what between some fat kid on bass guitar and the question of wheter Eddie's current playing can do justice to that of the genius of yesteryear that used to possess him.

No reunion, they should just fuck it and retire. They won't, I know but they should.

jharp84
11-30-2006, 05:59 PM
If it falls apart have SOME FUCKING MERCY EVH......GIVE US THE LIVE DVD'S AND CD'S FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!!!!!! If gene simmons and ace frehley hate each other so much, they still put out KISSOLOGY!!! Which I own and is fuckin AWESOME!!!!! THEN PLEASE HAVE MERCY!!!

ppg960
12-01-2006, 02:03 PM
If it's a true reunion, Mike has to be there.
Or else, don't bother.

Pasadena Bunnie
12-01-2006, 07:57 PM
Those of us heard "The Nuge" (Ted Nugent) proposition Dave on DAVE RADIO to do a collaboration - which might be a WHANG DANG POO DO TANG ROCKIN' SONG!

Both would be trying to upstage each other with their fireball energy!

Would make for an interesting video....Dave dodging Ted's Bow & Arrow's with his Martial Arts Baton?

rustoffa
12-01-2006, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Pasadena Bunnie
Those of us heard "The Nuge" (Ted Nugent) proposition Dave on DAVE RADIO to do a collaboration - which might be a WHANG DANG POO DO TANG ROCKIN' SONG!

Both would be trying to upstage each other with their fireball energy!

Would make for an interesting video....Dave dodging Ted's Bow & Arrow's with his Martial Arts Baton?

They could do a cuntceptual video directed by Jet Lee! I'm thinking "Cat Scratch Fever" ala' "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon."

Think nubile asian chick running from a Bengal Tiger....Dave and Ted are fighting on the rooftops, see the debacle over in the forest, then glide through the trees and shit!

You guessed it. A Michael Anthony lookalike appears in the "Pretty Woman" video samurai gear, and gets beat THE FUCK DOWN!! The tiger then turns his interest away from the nubile asian chick, and dry-humps the pummel'd Michael Anthony lookalike!!!

Somebody finish it...I'm out of ideas.
:(

indeedido
12-01-2006, 08:59 PM
I"d love to get another DLR CD of new stuff. But chances are slim,if only 10,000 of us are the only ones that will still buy one. He needs an all start band to play with to generate interest. 'The vast majority have forgotten him. Sorry to say that, but it is true. Not exactly beating his door down

Pasadena Bunnie
12-01-2006, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by rustoffa
They could do a cuntceptual video directed by Jet Lee! I'm thinking "Cat Scratch Fever" ala' "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon."

Think nubile asian chick running from a Bengal Tiger....Dave and Ted are fighting on the rooftops, see the debacle over in the forest, then glide through the trees and shit!

You guessed it. A Michael Anthony lookalike appears in the "Pretty Woman" video samurai gear, and gets beat THE FUCK DOWN!! The tiger then turns his interest away from the nubile asian chick, and dry-humps the pummel'd Michael Anthony lookalike!!!

Somebody finish it...I'm out of ideas.
:(

That's hysterical. I think the ending sounds just about right...has that comedic finish....

(The Samurai gear doesn't seem to flatter Michael Anthony's toosh....if makes him look as though he's wearing a pair of Depends.)

svrwthr
12-02-2006, 06:55 AM
Dave cannot do anything that would require acting or a change of expression. The guy cannot stop with that stupid smile/smirk that he has on all the time.

BTW, not to fix typos cause I aint dat brite eider. It is wang dang sweet poon tang and the actor is jet Li

tom5150warner
12-04-2006, 08:04 PM
i agree with the live shit. I was at fair warning/diver down(sucked)and 84. they were suppposedly recording that kick ass live shit every time? were ta fuck is it ?would some one tell me bout that?

TaiChi
12-07-2006, 12:03 PM
If the reunion falls through Dave should get his own band, a supergroup with Carlos Santana on guitar and Jason Newsted on bass. Kinda like the Eat em and smile combo. And Bill Ward on drums.

02-08-2009, 03:44 PM
I hope it don`t fall through, and Van Halen record a new album, to prove their still the greatest rock band.
However, if it does fall through, what should Dave do?
I guess he would have to cut a really strong rock album, to restart his solo career. I think whatever, happens, now, the hugely sucessfull Van Halen tour, has renewed interest in Dave, and has given him a platform for the future . I think when/if Dave goes back to being a solo artist, his set lists will change dramatically, he will include all his solo hits, and new material, with probably, just two or three Van Halen numbers!

Rikk
02-08-2009, 03:55 PM
I hope it don`t fall through, and Van Halen record a new album, to prove their still the greatest rock band.
However, if it does fall through, what should Dave do?
I guess he would have to cut a really strong rock album, to restart his solo career. I think whatever, happens, now, the hugely sucessfull Van Halen tour, has renewed interest in Dave, and has given him a platform for the future . I think when/if Dave goes back to being a solo artist, his set lists will change dramatically, he will include all his solo hits, and new material, with probably, just two or three Van Halen numbers!

Hi Katie.

GAR
02-08-2009, 04:33 PM
This "union" currently should be called a "threeunion" without the fourth member united.

FUCK 'em!

DLR'sCock
02-08-2009, 04:41 PM
if it falls through, i'm not gonna whine and cry about it...

i got to see the guys perform 3 times on the last tour(and they kicked ass), and I honestly thought I would never ever get the chance to witness that live again! i truly thought that possibility was put to pasture...

it's all gravy fmom here...

whatever "I" think he should do post a VH-departure is irrelevant...

I am sure that Dave will do as he always does, make music, learn, challenge himself, and have fun...

shit he's still working as an EMT in NYC...