PDA

View Full Version : how much would you spend on a ticket

spmusicplyr
11-30-2006, 03:23 AM
ok man seriously, how much dough would you be willing to drop on a good ticket for CVH '07.

750 no problem for me and i'd take a party limo with my friends to the staples center filled with crown royal, marlboro lights and blow

binnie
11-30-2006, 03:29 AM
I don't know if I have a "set" limit, but considerably more than any other gig I've ever been too, cos I don't want to wait another 20 years for it to happen!

DylanLeeRoth
11-30-2006, 03:29 AM
5 bucks and a stick of bubblegum. if theres no sammy i wouldnt really count on anyone going to these concerts. sammy made van halen.

binnie
11-30-2006, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by DylanLeeRoth
if theres no sammy i wouldnt really count on anyone going to these concerts. sammy made van halen.

On the 2004 FLeece the Sheep tour with Sam, Van Halen struggled to sell tickets.

Another factual error on your part, its just too easy....

DylanLeeRoth
11-30-2006, 03:40 AM
dude look at the facts hagar made Van Halen...without hagar this forum wouldnt even excist.

binnie
11-30-2006, 03:41 AM
dude look at the facts hagar made Van Halen...without hagar this forum wouldnt even excist.

What are these facts?

How did he make Van Halen, please explain (this should be fascinating)

DylanLeeRoth
11-30-2006, 03:43 AM
Hagar built the legacy of Van Halen. Before Hagar no one had a clue who Van Halen was, Hagar built a amazing fan base. He built VH. I SALUTE YOU SAMMY HAGAR.

binnie
11-30-2006, 03:45 AM
Hagar built the legacy of Van Halen. Before Hagar no one had a clue who Van Halen was, Hagar built a amazing fan base. He built VH. I SALUTE YOU SAMMY HAGAR.

???????????

They had their biggest selling records before Hagar. It would seem that plenty of people knew who they were, and lamented what they became once Better Midler joined...

DylanLeeRoth
11-30-2006, 03:46 AM
Dude I'm going to release

DylanLeeRoths Karaokee jams and I'll end up selling more records then Roth ever could with VH.

binnie
11-30-2006, 03:54 AM

DylanLeeRoths Karaokee jams and I'll end up selling more records then Roth ever could with VH.

Ha Ha, you crack me up. I showed you the official figures yesterday and you still claim Roth-era sold shit.

TheArchitect
11-30-2006, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by binnie
???????????

They had their biggest selling records before Hagar. It would seem that plenty of people knew who they were, and lamented what they became once Better Midler joined...

Hagar (or anyone else you would care to plug in) keeping the band alive and in the press for 10 more years certainly sold a lot more CVH albums though. Certainly noobs who dug 5150 went out and bought the old catalog as well. The format changes from LP to Cassette to CD sold some additional copies as well. The CVH catalog is great but in terms of total sales they do have a few advantages (time and format) over the Hagar era that have bolstered their sales somwhat artificially.

sparky1358
11-30-2006, 11:24 AM
Everyone bashes Hagar and its abit uncalled for simply because without a Hagar type lead there might not have been all that music Eddie created after DLR left.

Imagine for a moment if Hagar tanked in 85-86 like Cherone did in 97 or so.

Would We have been treated to Eddies music all this time or would the drug induced haze have been started earlier?...........

or would Eddie have washed away like so many other guitarists without a lead singer. Granted Ed is a step above most in term of his uniqueness, talent and songwriting abilities but he still isnt a singer.

Could he have done a Clapton and done solo work.........sure but I doubt he could sing well enuff to carry an entire album.

I personally prefer the Roth years but Hagar has his place in history and so be it.

Hagar had an unenviable task of replacing one of the greatest frontmen in history and did succeed to a certain extent by keeping things alive another 10+ years.

We should be thankful to him in a way for keeping Ed and his music with us awhile longer.

Dan
11-30-2006, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by sparky1358
Everyone bashes Hagar at This site.

:D

Wawazat
11-30-2006, 11:31 AM
uhm count me out of us

Jimmy Jingles
11-30-2006, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by sparky1358
Everyone bashes Hagar and its abit uncalled for...

We should be thankful to him in a way...

Blah, Blah, Blah...

Fatty McGaydar is 100% shit.

Now you and Dylan Faggypants go back to the game of Anal Twister you were playing.

VanHalener
11-30-2006, 12:53 PM
What are these facts?

How did he make Van Halen, please explain (this should be fascinating)

Dave, Mike, Alex & Eddie made Van Halen. Dave is the best front man to ever set foot on stage.

I'd pay what it costs and I don't care what seat I get. I intend to get tore up before the reunion concert and sing my ass off, jam the air guitar, and just f*#king get down right along with the heavyweight champs on stage.
:cato2:

VH LINKS SUCKS
11-30-2006, 01:03 PM
With Mike, I'd pay $500 or more for front row!

Without Mike, about $50-$80 for a ticket.

smaz
11-30-2006, 01:17 PM
Hagar did make Van Halen, I agree.

He did make them shit.

binnie
11-30-2006, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by vanhalener
Dave, Mike, Alex & Eddie made Van Halen. Dave is the best front man to ever set foot on stage.

I'd pay what it costs and I don't care what seat I get. I intend to get tore up before the reunion concert and sing my ass off, jam the air guitar, and just f*#king get down right along with the heavyweight champs on stage.
:cato2:

Damn fucking right!!

Roth on!

VanHalener
11-30-2006, 03:19 PM
Damn fucking right!!

Roth on!

Damn right Roth On! I like Dave. He come come over and F*#k my sister any time.:spank:

Pasadena Bunnie
11-30-2006, 04:38 PM
5 bucks and a stick of bubblegum. if theres no sammy i wouldnt really count on anyone going to these concerts. sammy made van halen.

I love your entertainment value.....but, baby doll, you're missing the boat! The SPAM dingy sunk years ago.

Captain Roth is in charge and rules both by land and see. The ARMY is with him riding the Luxury Liner called "CLASSIC VAN HALEN".

Pasadena Bunnie
11-30-2006, 04:42 PM
Oops, the word should be "Sea", but also, if you open your eyes and "SEE" - you will notice it's DAVE or go Overboard!

diamondsgirl
11-30-2006, 08:49 PM
whatever they are asking pretty much

doesn't matter to me

if Daves there, I'm there

Terry
12-01-2006, 10:34 PM
$100 per ticket, maximum. MAYBE up to $200 per ticket if they had a stellar name act out on the road with them and it was a killer double-bill (say, CVH touring with the Appetite GnR lineup opening up).

Anything else is a ripoff.

Already saw them 22 years ago for less than $20, and even though the 1984 tour wasn't their best, there's no way in hell they're gonna come back now as strong live as they were then.

I can see spending whatever it takes to see them if you never got the chance to the first time around, though.

ppg960
12-01-2006, 11:17 PM
I would be in for $120.
I spent $80 for the last tour. I might go higher if they really did put it together.
I'm not holding my breath.

DooMer87
12-02-2006, 12:44 AM
I'll pay $$$$$$$$$$$ for this tour. When was the last time VH was on stage with Roth? 1984. It would be something so special to see them again on stage.

bantonelli
12-02-2006, 01:24 AM
Tix for the 2004 Van Crapar tour were not cheap.

I think Tix price will also have a built in factor of VH being inducted into the RNRHOF.....we will pay for their new status.

What do ya think?

Terry
12-02-2006, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by bantonelli
Tix for the 2004 Van Crapar tour were not cheap.

I think Tix price will also have a built in factor of VH being inducted into the RNRHOF.....we will pay for their new status.

What do ya think?

The price is gonna be high, regardless of the Anthony or RnRHoF factor, because this is a chip-cashing-in tour, only this time with Dave instead of Hagar.

Realistically, CVH would only be able to get back together for one tour anyway (the chances of all four reforming as a band for long-term goals are zero), so they may as well make the payday as big as possible.

I say I'd pay $100 maximum, but that would probably be a minimum benchmark for CVH ticket prices, so I probably won't go to see them if I stick by my principles...but I just don't think ANY band is worth over $100, period...and most of the bands touring out there right now aren't even worth half that.

DrMaddVibe
12-02-2006, 01:52 PM
Van Halen are not The Eagles or Barbara Streisand and look what idiots shell out to see those two acts!

I wish it was the original 4 members, but to me bassplayer is expendable. He can't sing anymore (and THAT is what most claim his stake to be in CVH!!!) and his "playing" ability is at a beginner level at best!

I'll be there, but if I have to jump a fence again to see Van Halen w/ Dave...I will! That was with Black Sabbath so it was worth it. Saw them with The Stones and they made damn sure that the monitors were in workng order!

saint
12-02-2006, 07:18 PM
tickets 100 $?
plane tickets 2 000 $
Hotel 500 $

So about 3 000 $ I guess, and that is only for a CVH reunion,
unless it's all 4 i'm not there