• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steve Savicki
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Anyone buying Jimmy Carter's book

<center></center>
    President Carter, who was able to negotiate peace between Israel and Egypt, has remained deeply involved in Middle East affairs since leaving the White House. He has stayed in touch with the major players from all sides in the conflict and has made numerous trips to the Holy Land, most recently as an observer in the Palestinian elections of 2005 and 2006.
    In this book President Carter shares his intimate knowledge of the history of the Middle East and his personal experiences with the principal actors, and he addresses sensitive political issues many American officials avoid. Pulling no punches, Carter prescribes steps that must be taken for the two states to share the Holy Land without a system of apartheid or the constant fear of terrorism.
    The general parameters of a long-term, two-state agreement are well known, the president writes. There will be no substantive and permanent peace for any peoples in this troubled region as long as Israel is violating key U.N. resolutions, official American policy, and the international "road map" for peace by occupying Arab lands and oppressing the Palestinians. Except for mutually agreeable negotiated modifications, Israel's official pre-1967 borders must be honored. As were all previous administrations since the founding of Israel, U.S. government leaders must be in the forefront of achieving this long-delayed goal of a just agreement that both sides can honor.
    Palestine Peace Not Apartheid is a challenging, provocative, and courageous book.
    sigpic
  • BigBadBrian
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Jimmah who?
    “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

The only President to ever bring peace to Israel and one of its neighbors.

The BCE/Likud hate Carter because of his success. They wish Egypt was still a threat to Israel because it would make selling their fucked up agenda easier.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• PumpedUpMidget
        Head Fluffer
        • May 2005

I will be...The smartest and best president in the last 40 years

Comment

• Steve Savicki
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Perhaps Ford doesn't need to read the book, but hey, are you going to buy it anyways?
          sigpic

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Steve Savicki
            Perhaps Ford doesn't need to read the book, but hey, are you going to buy it anyways?
            I might.... assuming I don't get it for Christmas. Of course when I'll get around to actually reading it is an entirely different question. I have a stack of books nearly as tall as I am which I haven't read yet.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

No. But I got junk mail from his foundation today asking me to donate money for nails and roofing materials. He must still be building houses.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Steve Savicki
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

What's the name of his house building foundation?
                sigpic

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Steve Savicki
                  What's the name of his house building foundation?
                  Habitat for Humanity
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Rick Allen
                    Full On Cocktard
                    • Nov 2006

So I got 1 arm......I'm still smiling

http://www.paralinks.net/musicians/IMAGES/rickallen.jpg

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

At least Billy Carter never took trips to Thailand to fuck underage prostitutes like Neil Bush does......
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• rustoffa
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                        I might.... assuming I don't get it for Christmas. Of course when I'll get around to actually reading it is an entirely different question. I have a stack of books nearly as tall as I am which I haven't read yet.

Comment

• Rick Allen
                          Full On Cocktard
                          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by FORD
                          At least Billy Carter never took trips to Thailand to fuck underage prostitutes like Neil Bush does......
                          Billy Carter seemed like a nice person from the times I saw him on the TV.

Jimmy Carter was a good president actually.
                          So I got 1 arm......I'm still smiling

http://www.paralinks.net/musicians/IMAGES/rickallen.jpg

Comment

• Steve Savicki
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Reminder: Jimmy Carter on TV tomorrow

On C-Span 2 on Sunday, December 3, the former president will be interviewed on the Book TV December In Depth program from 12 noon to 3 or 3:30 p.m Eastern Time. Inter alia he will be discussing his new book,
                            "Palestine: Peace or Apartheid." He has published more than 20 books, one of his signal accomplishments as an ex-president besides his work
                            through the Carter Center in Atlanta. He will be interviewed at his home in Plains, Georgia. It is a call-in show and questions can be posed byphone or by email.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Carter was, and is, a very good man and capable thinker who was President at one of the worst times in modern history to be one...

Yes, I will buy this book. He's dead on, the Israelis have gotten away with practicing what amounts to South Afrikaner style apartheid for far too long with US financial backing...

Comment

Working...