PDA

View Full Version : One thing I don't get about Van Hagar sheep....

lztom
11-30-2006, 05:50 PM
So, all the sheep have been telling us for 20 years that as long as its got Eddie and Alex in 'It's Van Halen'. Hagar or Cherone on vocals, 'It's still Van Halen, it's got Eddie and Alex in'. According to them for the last 20 years it doesn't have to have DLR in to be VH.

Yet, now there's a (minutely) possible reunion with Dave maybe minus MA. Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of a reunion without The Bass Player but how can they have accepted 'VH' for 20+ years minus one of the integral parts of the engine yet now they cry blue murder over what is, relatively speaking, changing the colour of the fluffy dice hanging from the rear view mirror?

They gave shit to all us 'Dave or Gravers' for 20 years yet all of a sudden it's 'Mike or I'm Taking A Hike'.

This is, I contend, rank hypocrisy and clear evidence that the average IQ of a Van Hagar sheep is so low as to border on the mentally retarded.

jharp84
11-30-2006, 06:01 PM
Remember they are billboard top 50 fans!!! NO FUCKING EXCUSE!!!

DylanLeeRoth
11-30-2006, 08:09 PM
this thread is a piece of shit..lock it now.

diamondsgirl
11-30-2006, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by lztom
So, all the sheep have been telling us for 20 years that as long as its got Eddie and Alex in 'It's Van Halen'. Hagar or Cherone on vocals, 'It's still Van Halen, it's got Eddie and Alex in'. According to them for the last 20 years it doesn't have to have DLR in to be VH.

Yet, now there's a (minutely) possible reunion with Dave maybe minus MA. Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of a reunion without The Bass Player but how can they have accepted 'VH' for 20+ years minus one of the integral parts of the engine yet now they cry blue murder over what is, relatively speaking, changing the colour of the fluffy dice hanging from the rear view mirror?

They gave shit to all us 'Dave or Gravers' for 20 years yet all of a sudden it's 'Mike or I'm Taking A Hike'.

This is, I contend, rank hypocrisy and clear evidence that the average IQ of a Van Hagar sheep is so low as to border on the mentally retarded.

The answer THEY will give you is that Dave quit; but Mike was fired.

Sorry, but to me it doesn't matter.

No Dave = No VH. Period.

Bo Nozos
11-30-2006, 09:02 PM
Please stick to using "Bass Player" when speaking of him. Other names are no longer recommended.

rustoffa
11-30-2006, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl
The answer THEY will give you is that Dave quit; but Mike was fired.

Sorry, but to me it doesn't matter.

No Dave = No VH. Period.

:killer:

Take that fuckheads!!
:mad:

FORD
11-30-2006, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by DylanLeeRoth
I am a piece of shit..kill me now.

Do not tempt me.......

TheArchitect
11-30-2006, 10:13 PM

Easy. Roth QUIT. He walked away of his choice. Blaming Sammy won't change that. Why all the venom isn't directed at Dave I have never understood. MA is being shown the door by a small, insecure little man who has repeatedly demonstrated what a petty, selfish individual he really is. A significant difference.

This is, I contend, rank hypocrisy and clear evidence that you spend too much time making excuses for what happened in 1984. As great as he was, Roth walked. Whether its a decision he regrets only he knows. The last 20+ years are on him. Selective amnesia is it?

I would contend that people who follow Roth around more blindly than anyone or anything are in no position to call anyone sheep. I would question the IQ of anyone who can't see the obvious hypocrisy in that which is so obvious

I know this is the army and all, but living up to the stereotype isn't helping the cause

jhale667
11-30-2006, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl

No Dave = No VH. Period.

Preach on. ;)

Bo Nozos
11-30-2006, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by TheArchitect
MA is being shown the door by a small, insecure little man who has repeatedly demonstrated what a petty, selfish individual he really is.

Sorry -- "MA" is not recommended either, since it's just a shorthand way of saying the name that is no longer spoken. You Van Hagar apologists have a hard time understanding, I realize. But there's a place for every one -- that's why we have the Special Olympics. So I gently, politely remind you that the man's name is Bass Player or, if you want to be different, Sauce Sobolewski.

Carry on.

rustoffa
11-30-2006, 11:03 PM
Easy. Roth QUIT. He walked away of his choice.

He fired Van Halen?

rustoffa
11-30-2006, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Bo Nozos
Sorry -- "MA" is not recommended either, since it's just a shorthand way of saying the name that is no longer spoken. You Van Hagar apologists have a hard time understanding, I realize. But there's a place for every one -- that's why we have the Special Olympics. So I gently, politely remind you that the man's name is Bass Player or, if you want to be different, Sauce Sobolewski.

Carry on.

That's right! All the apologists have nothing to gain by a veiled, albeit ass-fucked attack on the Van Halen legacy! What the fuck? Do they hate the first six albums for any reason whatsoever?
:confused:

Bo Nozos
11-30-2006, 11:26 PM
Dude, I'm talking about Bass Player. I don't know what you're ranting about at the same time you quote me.

PlexiBrown
11-30-2006, 11:28 PM

Because they have their heads stuck up Hagar's ass and Mike went with Hagar and toured with him as "The Other Half" so now because of this Mike is the most important member of the original Van Halen as far as they are concerned. If you want to puke, go to the links and witness all of the Mikey ass kissing going on over there. They even think a VH tour with Dave and no Mike will fair NO better than "The Other Half" as far as interest and concert attendance. I want Mike in the band too but he is low man on the totem pole. There are people at the links who think that you can have Van Halen without Eddie, Dave and Alex but you can't have Van Halen without Mike.

The other thing that made them so pro Mike was because Mike is a nice guy and Eddie kicked him to the curb.

Bo Nozos
11-30-2006, 11:35 PM
It's "Bass Player." Not that other name.

Thanks.

binnie
12-01-2006, 03:45 AM
No Dave. No VH.

Van Hager was a Jounrey tribute band.

TheArchitect
12-01-2006, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by Bo Nozos

Carry on.

You got nothin' then if the name game is all you have. Game over.

Ellyllions
12-01-2006, 07:59 AM
MA is being shown the door by a small, insecure little man who has repeatedly demonstrated what a petty, selfish individual he really is. A significant difference.

A significant difference?

Roth quit for what reason? Could it have been because of .....

a small, insecure little man who has repeatedly demonstrated what a petty, selfish individual he really is.

*gasp*

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure that egos were 'aflyin' when Dave left. But an argument is NEVER one sided. With Edward's pattern of behavior the only true allegiance he's ever shown toward a bandmate is his brother, it stands to reason that Mr. Van Halen could've been doing to Dave exactly what he's done to Sammy (twice), and now 'the bass player'.

Try looking at it from this perspective:
I think we can all agree that Def Leppard was a rock band that went Pop. (If not, I apologize to those that think otherwise). But, did Def Leppard go through any band member changes by choice? Their drummer lost an arm, they stuck together; Steve Clark drove them nuts, they stuck together; Steve Clark dies, they stuck together; and now Joe Elliot has to struggle to sing, they're still sticking together.

You gotta respect that. And it shows what a band CAN do if they're dedicated to each other, flexible, and believes in the music they create.

DL went through some horrible times and held tight. Van Halen has broken up numerous times over WORDS. And since the drama continues without Dave, I can't say it's Dave's fault.

TheArchitect
12-01-2006, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by Ellyllions
A significant difference?

Roth quit for what reason? Could it have been because of .....

*gasp*

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure that egos were 'aflyin' when Dave left. But an argument is NEVER one sided. With Edward's pattern of behavior the only true allegiance he's ever shown toward a bandmate is his brother, it stands to reason that Mr. Van Halen could've been doing to Dave exactly what he's done to Sammy (twice), and now 'the bass player'.

Try looking at it from this perspective:
I think we can all agree that Def Leppard was a rock band that went Pop. (If not, I apologize to those that think otherwise). But, did Def Leppard go through any band member changes by choice? Their drummer lost an arm, they stuck together; Steve Clark drove them nuts, they stuck together; Steve Clark dies, they stuck together; and now Joe Elliot has to struggle to sing, they're still sticking together.

You gotta respect that. And it shows what a band CAN do if they're dedicated to each other, flexible, and believes in the music they create.

DL went through some horrible times and held tight. Van Halen has broken up numerous times over WORDS. And since the drama continues without Dave, I can't say it's Dave's fault.

Fair enough. None of it however explains how a group like this who has turned DLR into a religion justifies the sheep comments about anyone else. It just makes this place come off as being filled with a bunch of inbred mouth breathers when they incessantly slam people for the very thing they do themselves.

Wawazat
12-01-2006, 08:37 AM
And you are here why ??

Ellyllions
12-01-2006, 08:41 AM
Fair enough. None of it however explains how a group like this who has turned DLR into a religion justifies the sheep comments about anyone else. It just makes this place come off as being filled with a bunch of inbred mouth breathers when they incessantly slam people for the very thing they do themselves.

There are also a large number of Sam fans who point and jab.
Preference baby, nothing else. Some think having a single on the pop charts = successful band, others don't.

Besides, a lot of us feel like Sam ruined the music they were creating. In my mind, he was a bad choice for a replacement. BUT, 2 songs on the 1984 album showed us what Edward had us in for with Sam.

So in my mind, just like I said before, Edward is the real problem in the band.

DrMaddVibe
12-01-2006, 11:37 AM
Easy. Roth QUIT. He walked away of his choice. Blaming Sammy won't change that. Why all the venom isn't directed at Dave I have never understood. MA is being shown the door by a small, insecure little man who has repeatedly demonstrated what a petty, selfish individual he really is. A significant difference.

This is, I contend, rank hypocrisy and clear evidence that you spend too much time making excuses for what happened in 1984. As great as he was, Roth walked. Whether its a decision he regrets only he knows. The last 20+ years are on him. Selective amnesia is it?

I would contend that people who follow Roth around more blindly than anyone or anything are in no position to call anyone sheep. I would question the IQ of anyone who can't see the obvious hypocrisy in that which is so obvious

I know this is the army and all, but living up to the stereotype isn't helping the cause

Who left the Sheep Pen gate open?

DAVE OR THE GRAVE SHEEP MUTHAFUCKAS!!!

Vinnie Velvet
12-01-2006, 12:26 PM
Some people think its "Mike or the Grave".

:D

TAKIN WHISKEY
12-01-2006, 01:03 PM
It always comes back to the same question. How in the fuck could anyone ever like Van Hagar? The music sucks , PERIOD A great rock n roll band turned into a sack of assholes. DAVE OR THE GRAVE!

TheArchitect
12-01-2006, 01:10 PM
Good to see the poster children for my point arriving right on cue.

DrMaddVibe
12-01-2006, 04:48 PM
Go away sheep bastard and spew your Spammy bullshit at the tampon rocker's forum!

DAVE OR THE GRAVE SHEEP MUTHAFUCKAS AND DUMBASS ARCHITECTS!

Dave's PA Rental
12-01-2006, 07:29 PM
It wasnt the same after Dave left...it won't be the same without MICHAEL ANTHONY...

The Hagaritas defanitely have contradicted themselves...but it just so happens that this time they are right...

Hey, who the fuck said that 'Mr. 86 posts' "No Bozos" could start making rules around here?

(Is he a Carmine alias?)

rustoffa
12-01-2006, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Dave's PA Rental
Hey, who the fuck said that 'Mr. 86 posts' "No Bozos" could start making rules around here?

(Is he a Carmine alias?)

:D

Matt White
12-01-2006, 09:49 PM
DAVID LEE ROTH - VAN HALEN...is DAVID LEE ROTH solo.....
GRATE...but not THE MIGHTY VAN HALEN......

VAN HALEN - DAVID LEE ROTH?!?:confused:

WHO CARES?!?

Terry
12-01-2006, 10:13 PM
That's what the sheep SAY, but you know damn well that the rush for tickets for a full-member classic reunion would include ALL the sheep regardless of what they post on the net, whereas I can safely say most of us on this site just plain wouldn't bother seeing Van Hagar...the few people who did in 2004 only did so because there was a sense of it being Eddie's last hurrah before he dies.

Rick Allen
12-01-2006, 10:36 PM

Sammy Hagar is a cunt.

That is all. :D

matt19
12-07-2006, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by DylanLeeRoth
this thread is a piece of shit..lock it now.

Youre a piece of shit BAN.

Fuct Jup
12-07-2006, 09:06 AM

Well said.

Ed and Al = Van Halen

ZahZoo
12-07-2006, 10:47 AM
LOL... the emergence of Roth Sheep!!

For every person that has stood proud by the mantra... Van Halen is/will only ever be Dave, Ed, Al and Mike aka Dave or the Grave gang... This has been the ultimate purist stance. The rock that the Mighty Van Halen was built on!!

To waffle and say I'll take Dave and Ed anytime who gives a shit about Michael Anthony...

Welcome to Sheepdom

You can't have it both ways... without some wool.

DrMaddVibe
12-07-2006, 02:17 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xzwNWbfOHpE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xzwNWbfOHpE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

FORD
12-07-2006, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Fuct Jup
BAAAAAAAAAA

Carmine
12-07-2006, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Dave's PA Rental

(Is he a Carmine alias?)

Et tu PA?

Halen High
12-10-2006, 11:35 PM
As hard as it is to believe, some people prefer Van Hagar to CVH. A vocal minority who think Sammy is creative. These people don't want Dave back because it's Sammy they want and Van Hagar is their band, and as Mike is Sammy's best buddy they don't want any part of an Eddie, Alex, Dave and Wolf line-up.

The real problem the sheep have with all this is.........Sammy is gone.