• Show
Clear All
  • BITEYOASS
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

Eagles Of Death Metal in feud with Axl Rose

Eagles Of Death Metal in feud with Axl Rose Dotmusic
    Thu Nov 30, 7:00 AM ET

Eagles Of Death Metal singer Jesse Hughes has told Axl Rose he can "go f--k himself" after his band was thrown off the current Guns N' Roses tour.

Hughes has reacted furiously to the decision by Axl to sack EODM after just one date of their 15-show support stint in America.

Rose apparently took the decision after sections of the crowd booed Hughes and company at their concert in Cleveland last Friday.

Axl later renamed the group "The Pigeons Of Sh-t Metal" from the stage, before then ejecting them from the tour, a decision which has infuriated Hughes.

"Axl Rose is f--king out of his mind. He wasn't even there when we played. He got there about 30 minutes after we got done playing. He waltzed on to the stage and went nuts," he told the British music paper NME.

Explaining the poor reception EODM received from certain members of the audience, Hughes continued: "When we first walked out there the crowd were jeering, but it was because we weren't Axl Rose. These kids had been waiting there since 7 o'clock for the second coming of Christ, and Axl wasn't there yet. So a bunch of happy-go-lucky, sincere, and real-deal rock 'n' rollers came out and started playing.

"The jeers only went on for a little bit. By the end of the set we'd won those f--kers over," he insisted.

Hughes then went on to claim that Rose later offered to have EODM back on the tour, but he was too incensed to agree to the deal.

He said: "When my manager told me that, I just said, 'You can tell that motherf--ker to go and f--k himself, because I will never go through that again.'"
  • BITEYOASS
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

Here are some videos from "Eagles of Death Metal"

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xe6p-5tUh3M"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xe6p-5tUh3M" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Comment

• PumpedUpMidget
      Head Fluffer
      • May 2005

Who even gives a fuck what Axl has to say? The only 'star' (and that term is used VERY loosely) sorrier than Axl is the other so called 'opening act' on the bill, Sebastian Bach

Comment

• BITEYOASS
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2004

Obviously Axl is afraid of new bands that can kick his ass!

Comment

• bueno bob
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jul 2004

EoDM are a very...uh..."loose" band, by definition - I stop short of calling them a joke, but they're probably really close...very tongue in cheek by their own admission...

The funny thing is that they got the opening slot and Axl goes out on stage and talks shit about them, really.

Funny in two regards:

01. Is he OK with bands he's obviously not familiar with opening for his solo band, errrrr, GNR?

02. Going out and talking shit about your opening band, and then kicking them off after the first night, is about as unprofessional as it can possibly get.

Couple those two facts with the fact that Axl cancels as many shows as he actually performs and tickets are down to $15 a pop now, plus the "no news is good news" approach to Chinese Democracy, a fifteen million dollar album that has yet to see the light of day after a decade of work...

What a complete joke...
          Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• bueno bob
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jul 2004

With as much as it's cost to make that album, the only way it'll be considered a success is if it sells at Meat Loaf's "Bat Out of Hell" proportions back between '77/'78...in other words, FUCKING EVERYBODY has to buy a copy of it and it has to be on the charts for YEARS...

Short of that, it's a failure before it's even released.

Good luck with that, Ax!
            Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• binnie
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2006

"The Pigeons of shit metall" HAHAHAHAHA!!!

That's pretty good.....
              The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• bueno bob
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jul 2004

Their rebuttal was funnier:

"At first the audience refused to welcome us to the jungle, but by the time we took our final bow, it had become paradise city. Although Axl tried to November rain on our parade, no sweet child o' mine can derail the EODM night train. We say live and let die."
                Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• bueno bob
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jul 2004

For those not in the know, EoDM is a side project of Josh Homme (Kyuss/Queens of the Stone Age)...according to their Wiki entry, they describe themselves as "bluegrass slide guitar mixed with stripper drum beats and Canned Heat vocals"...

Did Axl even know who they were before getting them on the tour? They're obviously not going to mix with the GNR crowd...40ish mullet headed Home Depot employees that GNR's fanbase is these days...

Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2004

I just heard that Axhole canceled another concert because he wasn't feeling well.
                    http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
                    http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• Unchainme
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Apr 2005

The lead singer looks like a bit like Golden Awe...
                      Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• Terry
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
                        EoDM are a very...uh..."loose" band, by definition - I stop short of calling them a joke, but they're probably really close...very tongue in cheek by their own admission...

The funny thing is that they got the opening slot and Axl goes out on stage and talks shit about them, really.

Funny in two regards:

01. Is he OK with bands he's obviously not familiar with opening for his solo band, errrrr, GNR?

02. Going out and talking shit about your opening band, and then kicking them off after the first night, is about as unprofessional as it can possibly get.

Couple those two facts with the fact that Axl cancels as many shows as he actually performs and tickets are down to $15 a pop now, plus the "no news is good news" approach to Chinese Democracy, a fifteen million dollar album that has yet to see the light of day after a decade of work...

What a complete joke...
                        Axl's really got no business saying anything about anybody with his track record as of...oh, the last 13 years...

As for Chinese Democracy, until Axl actually puts it out/raises it up the flagpole and anyone actually salutes it, I wouldn't say flogging 20 year old Appetite songs with a band of unknowns gives him jack shit in terms of high ground to dump on opening acts.
                        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

When I first heard the name "Eagles of Death Metal", I took the name literally and imagined some Cookie Monster vocalist and a shredder guitarist cranking out shitty covers of "Take it To The Limit" and "Life In The Fast Lane".

Turns out that had nothing to do with the band, but as Lord Vader said, they obviously don't take themselves all that seriously. Unlike AxHole, who still has delusions that he has any sort of fucking relevance whatsoever without Slash, Duff, and Izzy on stage with him.
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I think the problem was the crowd was still booing EODM halfway through Axl's set.

Comment

• ppg960
                              Sniper
                              • Dec 2005

That pathetic tour is here in Winnipeg Monday night.
                              I hope Axl falls to pieces and Fucks it up.
                              I was never a Axl fan. He's a complete Dickhead.

Comment

Working...