I have this friend who was a big Van Hagar fan...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anonymous
    Banned
    • May 2004

I have this friend who was a big Van Hagar fan...

Although not a fan of Sam himself, my friend always believed that Van Halen with Hagar was a more ""professional" band, as he felt that the six pack was nothing but goofin' off around the studio and making music that was not serious in any form.

Well, nothing I could do or say would dissuade him from this notion, not even the obvious fact that his hero Eddie V. was at his creative peak when he had Dave around to push him to his limit. Turns out I was going the wrong way about it.

Recently, when watching "Shite Without a Net" for the zillionth time, my friend had a happy inspiration and turned on the lyrics on the DVD.

He came to me and told me I was right all along.

Apparently the poor misguided creature never had the notion of reading through/listening to one of Spambo's "lyrics".

"Oooh love, love
    I love loving love
    You and me love
    Me and you love
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE!

Oooh."

Cheers! :bottle:
  • knuckleboner
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jan 2004

i think the 6pack WAS mostly goofing off in the studio.

of course, when you've got world-class musicians goofing off in the studio, you get world class music with a really fun, goofy vibe. can't ask for anything more from rock and roll...

Comment

• PlexiBrown
      Commando
      • Mar 2006

Rock Stars & UFOs
      Founder of the Cosmic Majority, Michael Luckman presented stories of various rock stars’ obsessions and experiences with UFOs and aliens. Here are some of the tidbits he shared:

David Bowie had a telescope mounted on the top of his limousine which he used to search the skies for UFOs between concert engagements in the 1970's.

Sammy Hagar reported having an ET-type encounter where he felt a presence of light and the sensation that the material in his brain was being downloaded.

Jerry Garcia said he was locked in a futuristic spaceship for two days where he saw "insectoid presences."

Michael Jackson had a UFO sighting when he was in the cockpit of a plane, describing lights of many colors in a crystal shape.
      Cat Stevens said he was vacuumed up into a flying saucer and then let go later.

Mick Jagger had a "flying saucer detector" installed at one of his estates in England and it was said to go off all the time.

Ace Frehley reportedly filmed a UFO and a 27 ft. burn trace it left behind.
      And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• PlexiBrown
        Commando
        • Mar 2006

Sammy Hagar reported having an ET-type encounter where he felt a presence of light and the sensation that the material in his brain was being downloaded.
        Then the aliens left and said....."no intelligent life here".
        And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• Terry
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Fuck, there were those (mostly critics) even when Roth was in the band back in the day who said that Eddie was a world-class guitarist, and it was too bad Dave was fronting the band, because he was just holding Eddie back...

So Dave leaves the band, Eddie runs the show, and we get to hear the music Dave was holding Eddie back from making...

There was ALWAYS a contingent who thought the band was all about Eddie, but Dave brought the fun to the band and packed the women into the arenas.

And now we see one magazine after another editorializing about how the only period of the band worthy of mention was the classic one.
          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

Tell your "friend" to log in here and see what a REAL Van Halen fan is all about!

Glad he turned the corner...with friends like that...who needs enemies?
            http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
            http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• Last_Child
              Commando
              • Oct 2004

I have a friend that gave me his iPod and said.. "This is ThÈ best Van Halen Song ever!"
              No sarcasm was in the picture..

The song he meant was "Right Now"...

I laughed.
              "With a rate of fire of over 20 rounds per second, the IMI Micro Uzi is almost as fast as Yngwie Malmsteen, and 25.4 times more musical"

Worst of all... It's true..

Comment

• VanHalener
                ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Last_Child
                I have a friend that gave me his iPod and said.. "This is ThÈ best Van Halen Song ever!"
                No sarcasm was in the picture..

The song he meant was "Right Now"...
                I laughed.
                Hell, I'm still laughing at that one.
                If there is a best Van Halen song it was performed with David Lee Roth.
                ~Only you can prevent low volume~

Comment

• rustoffa
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                  Fuck, there were those (mostly critics) even when Roth was in the band back in the day who said that Eddie was a world-class guitarist, and it was too bad Dave was fronting the band, because he was just holding Eddie back...
                  They weren't hard-rockin' fuckers. Critics usually prefer aesthetics over fury. Thank goodness Dave held him back.

Comment

• Rick Allen
                    Full On Cocktard
                    • Nov 2006

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9XUUfeLI99E"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9XUUfeLI99E" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
                    So I got 1 arm......I'm still smiling

http://www.paralinks.net/musicians/IMAGES/rickallen.jpg

Comment

• DylanLeeRoth
                      Banned
                      • Jul 2006

oh in other news i got a 8 inch dick soft.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by DylanLeeRoth
                        Make sure he wears a condomn!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Re: I have this friend who was a big Van Hagar fan...

Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker
                          Although not a fan of Sam himself, my friend always believed that Van Halen with Hagar was a more ""professional" band, as he felt that the six pack was nothing but goofin' off around the studio and making music that was not serious in any form.

Well, nothing I could do or say would dissuade him from this notion, not even the obvious fact that his hero Eddie V. was at his creative peak when he had Dave around to push him to his limit. Turns out I was going the wrong way about it.

Recently, when watching "##### Without a Net" for the zillionth time, my friend had a happy inspiration and turned on the lyrics on the DVD.

He came to me and told me I was right all along.

Apparently the poor misguided creature never had the notion of reading through/listening to one of Spambo's "lyrics".

"Oooh love, love
                          I love loving love
                          You and me love
                          Me and you love
                          LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE!

Oooh."

Cheers! :bottle:
                          Yeah, Van Hagar was a "more professional band."

I guess having a ###### work ethic and taking longer to produce inferior quality music must qualify as "professional" to your friend...

Comment

• bueno bob
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by DylanLeeRoth
                            Does he lube it up first or make you take it like the pillow biter you are?
                            Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• bueno bob
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jul 2004

It's been said once, it's been said a thousand times...and always true...the world of distinction between Van Halen and Van Hagar is obvious...one was a rock band, the other was a half-assed keyboard-riddled power ballad poodle-headed sap story...

10 years after the real end of Van Hagar and it's all clear...Van Hagar sold albums based on name only, and the name was made with David Lee Roth.

The end.
                              Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

Working...