PDA

View Full Version : Plane Makes Emergency Landing for "Gas"

SparkieD
12-06-2006, 04:31 PM
Flatulence forces plane to land Tue Dec 5, 9:07 PM ET

Associated Press

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - It is considered polite to light a match after passing gas. Not while on a plane.

An American Airlines flight was forced to make an emergency landing Monday morning after a passenger lit a match to disguise the scent of flatulence, authorities said.

The Dallas-bound flight was diverted to Nashville after several passengers reported smelling burning sulfur from the matches, said Lynne Lowrance, spokeswoman for the Nashville International Airport Authority. All 99 passengers and five crew members were taken off and screened while the plane was searched and luggage was screened.

The FBI questioned a passenger who admitted she struck the matches in an attempt to conceal a "body odor," Lowrance said. She had an unspecified medical condition, authorities said.

"It's humorous in a way but you feel sorry for the individual, as well," she said. "It's unusual that someone would go to those measures to cover it up."

The flight took off again, but the woman was not allowed back on the plane. The woman, who was not identified, was not charged in the incident.http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/happy/happy0198.gif

smaz
12-06-2006, 04:41 PM
:lol: Certainly no bright spark...

blonddgirl777
12-06-2006, 05:21 PM
I was driving my car, when I heard; "A plane had to land urgently..." and my heart stopped for a second...
My husband was flying on his way back home and there was a snow storm here, earlier today...

Sure I was releived when I heard the rest of the story but... DAMN FARTER!!! :mad:

DylanLeeRoth
12-06-2006, 05:25 PM
shut up frenchie.

FRAUAR SHUCKA FRAUAR SHUCKA DO RAA ME FATDOO

FLQ FLQ FLQ FLQ

blonddgirl777
12-06-2006, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by DylanLeeRoth
shut up frenchie.

FRAUAR SHUCKA FRAUAR SHUCKA DO RAA ME FATDOO

FLQ FLQ FLQ FLQ

Hey (17 yrs old) bloque!
What the fuck do you think YOU know about the F.L.Q. anyway?
:heyfu:
Your fat Mama was not eaven thinking about getting knocked off when it all happened!

Take that shit head of your's off your ass and smell that fart! :moon:
Poor lil' moron!!!

smaz
12-06-2006, 07:52 PM
French Canada's sweet, went skiing there and spent half of it on my ass... :)

blonddgirl777
12-06-2006, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by smaz
French Canada's sweet, went skiing there and spent half of it on my ass... :)

L.O.L. All you need is practice... come back!
Wich mountain did you go to?

smaz
12-06-2006, 08:08 PM
Mt. St. Anne in Quebec, and one other one in the same area, I forgot which xD Only went for a week though :( Would go again, but it was with my school and cost $2,000! Well, cost my Mum anyway... :)

I am overdue going back to Canada though, have a lot of family around Toronto. Went skiing in '04, before that visited family in '00. Probably can't afford to go for a few more years yet though :p

Nitro Express
12-07-2006, 05:02 AM
Come here to Jackson Hole and ski our expert chutes! Not much snow yet though.

I used to buy Bombardier snowmobiles. I think those were made in French Canada.

blonddgirl777
12-07-2006, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
... Bombardier snowmobiles. I think those were made in French Canada.

:rockit2: Snowmobiles are fun!!! :D

Mr. Bombrdier invented them in his back yard and comercialized them. Now the cie. makes the public transportations (trains, subways etc... ) for all the major cities!

blonddgirl777
12-07-2006, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by smaz
... Probably can't afford to go for a few more years yet though :p

It is closer and probably cheaper for you to go in the Alps...
I would love to ski those slopes!!!

binnie
12-07-2006, 07:23 AM
What the fuck did they eat?

Damn that's funny....

SparkieD
12-07-2006, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by SparkieD

She had an unspecified medical condition, authorities said.

http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/happy/happy0198.gif

Does eating too many burritos qualify as a medical condition?

blonddgirl777
12-07-2006, 11:34 AM
"Medical Condition"?
W.T.F.!

Regardless...
Who in their right mind, is stupid enough to light some matches in a plane nowadays???
Everyone knows that it just CAN"T be done and it's dangerous (on top of being suspicious)!

"Not charged for the incident"?
Fuck that!

She is responsible for an emergency landing... she should pick the tab!
Not to mention everyone's inconvenience (and I'm not talking about the smell)... :rolleyes:

binnie
12-07-2006, 11:41 AM
What ever happened to blaming it on the guy next to you?

blonddgirl777
12-07-2006, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by binnie
What ever happened to blaming it on the guy next to you?

L.O.L.

BITEYOASS
12-07-2006, 12:20 PM
If someone were to light a match on a plane or near explosives (which I have been around quite often in my military career), then I'd go into a rage for a warning and if they got cocky with me and didn't listen, then I'd straight up cold-cock em in the head regardless of whether they are male or female. If they were a raghead lookin muthafucka or some other type of religious fanatic and did that crap, then I'd skip the warning and beat the fuck out of em.

Since 9/11 I believe that prevention, safety and getting the job done have taken priority over this PC manners BS.

BITEYOASS
12-07-2006, 12:22 PM
My correction: I'd beat the fuck out of em if it was on an airplane. If it were explosives, then I'd just plain kill em. nuff said! :D