PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Night Live First Season DVD

Fairwrning
12-06-2006, 09:06 PM
This is a must have

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000JLQPYK/km-20/ref=nosim

Terry
12-06-2006, 10:01 PM
The masochist in me would rather have the 1980-1981 season that totally tanked, just to be able to see all those horrible skits over and over again.

The 75 through 80 seasons I've just seen too many times. No need to own them.

Fairwrning
12-06-2006, 10:06 PM
I would like to have it just to pass down..I know half the skits would make absolutely no sense to my grandchildren..but some of this stuff was priceless

Terry
12-06-2006, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Fairwrning
I would like to have it just to pass down..I know half the skits would make absolutely no sense to my grandchildren..but some of this stuff was priceless

For its time, that show was amazing. Even the stuff that didn't quite make it got points just for being so inventive. And the show wasn't afraid back then to have hosts that you wouldn't normally think would do that type of show, along with musical guests who weren't currently in the top 40.

Nowadays, the host is always someone plugging a movie or tv show, and the musical guest is always someone plugging a current album, which I suppose would be fine except for the dearth of talent in many of today's celebritiy businesspeople (I don't even bother with the word artist or entertainer anymore, because people like Lohan, Hilton, Simpson and the like are just in it for the fame as a means to make money - there's nothing artistic or talented about them).

I'll gladly scoop up the Ebersol years when they hit dvd. Plenty of good moments in the years when Gross, Piscopo, Murphy, Kazurinsky, Kroeger and Louis-Dreyfus were cast members.

EbDawson
12-07-2006, 03:10 AM
I'll probably end up getting it altough I think the show was better after Chase left.

Nitro Express
12-07-2006, 04:48 AM
Eddie Murphey was God to me when he was on that show. I have some "best of" SNL tapes. It's classic stuff but it was comedy of a different time. I couldn't help but feel much of it had become dated. You had to be there in the time it happened and so much of it was brilliant.

One thing about those old 80's episodes, I forgot how much I wanted to go balls deep into Julia Louis Dreyfus when I was in high school. For some reason she turned my crank then. I probably still would bang her. LOL!

Fairwrning
12-10-2006, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express

One thing about those old 80's episodes, I forgot how much I wanted to go balls deep into Julia Louis Dreyfus when I was in high school. For some reason she turned my crank then. I probably still would bang her. LOL!

I remember seeing this outfit right after Seinfeld ended...and thought the same thing
http://celebset.s3.amazonaws.com/pics/J/Julia%20Louis%20Dreyfus200662921315131800.jpg

bueno bob
12-11-2006, 03:32 AM
Classic stuff. SNL hasn't been worth a shit since '83/'84...or so...first season was the best...

I WILL own this...