PDA

View Full Version : Al Gore

Redballjets88
12-06-2006, 11:25 PM
ok FORD you can like me a little more....

i work at blockbuster, therefore i rent for free, and a friend told me to wacth An Inconvient Truth...so i used a rental and watched it and although Gore's politics may not match my own in every way i agree with him fully on the global warming issue he made amazing points that totally changed my view.

FORD
12-07-2006, 01:37 AM
Cool.... remember that in 2008 when he's running for President. :)

Seshmeister
12-07-2006, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by FORD

Anyone that fails to beat fucking Bush when coming from VP in a popular presidency should not only never run again, he should actually have his US citizenship taken away and thrown out the country.

EAT MY ASSHOLE
12-07-2006, 11:18 AM

Yeah. With Lieberman as his running mate!

fe_lung
12-07-2006, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
Anyone that fails to beat fucking Bush when coming from VP in a popular presidency should not only never run again, he should actually have his US citizenship taken away and thrown out the country.

Amen to that. He should have beaten Bush the way Reagan beat Mondale. The fact that it was even close enough to be questionable is totally a failure on Gore's part.

I watched the film and kept wishing he had been that engaging during the campaign. Gore is no Clinton, but he's shown way more charisma and passion since 2000. If we'd seen that in his campaign he'd be the president right now.

FORD
12-07-2006, 01:29 PM
Gore fucked up by allowing the DLC to hijack his campaign and leave him stuck with Holy Joe as a running mate, but that's beside the point. Florida was outright STOLEN and everybody knows it. Gore had the election if not for that.

It WAS his fault though, that the Whore Media got away with portraying him as some stiff and wooden monotone speaking bore, while also portraying a functionally illiterate brain dead chimp moron who never held a real job in his life as "a regular guy that you would drink a beer with".

The speeches that Gore has made from 2002 on up to today are the ones that he should have made in 2000. But then, thanks to the Iraq fuckup and the deliberate hostility to the environment from the Chimpministration, he definitely has a lot more material to work with.

Gore is the obvious choice for 2008. For the historical parallel with Nixon 1968. For the fact that he alone can truly use the words "are you better off now than you were 8 years ago" and have it resonate with every American voter. Because Gore was not the only one robbed in Florida, we all were.

And also because I haven't heard of any better options yet. Russ Feingold isn't running. Howard Dean isn't running. Obama is too damn young, politically speaking, and John Edwards not much better, though I'd probably accept either as VP.

Hillary? Don't make me laugh that hard, I've got a headache. Same with all the other DLC leeches sliding out of the slime lately.....

Seshmeister
12-07-2006, 01:48 PM
How many votes were actually stolen?

10 thousand? Less? None?

Anyone should have been able to beat Bush by a landslide.

Whatever, the guy is married to the queen of the PMRC cunts so that should raise warning bells right away.

I do thank him for inventing the internet so we can discuss him though...

FORD
12-07-2006, 02:28 PM
The PMRC were pretty tame compared to what came after them. All they wanted was "parental advisory" stickers on records, which (as it turned out) probably HELPED record sales more often than it hurt them. Let's face it, in terms of actual rapping skills, 2 Live Crew was some of the lamest shit ever recorded, and WASP pretty much sucked ass as well. But slap those damn stickers on there and suddenly you got a hit record.

Compare that to what the FCC has done to TV and radio under the BCE, when they're now censoring songs like Pink Floyd's "Money" or the Rolling Stones "Start Me Up" which have been on the fucking radio for decades.

Michael Powell did a lot more to harm this country than Tipper Gore ever thought of. Tipper's goal was to put the choice in the hands of the parents, which is where it should be. Powell, like the rest of the BCE just outright suppressed whatever he didn't like.

DrMaddVibe
12-07-2006, 02:36 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AR5ZiAONmRo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AR5ZiAONmRo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

FORD
12-07-2006, 02:37 PM
Is that Jeb's druggie daughter?

DrMaddVibe
12-07-2006, 02:45 PM
Is that Jeb's druggie daughter?

Nope!:D

FORD
12-07-2006, 03:19 PM
No fair editing videos after the reply, AssVibe :mad:

DrMaddVibe
12-07-2006, 03:34 PM
No fair editing videos after the reply, AssVibe :mad:

Not fair?

Fuck off cocksucker!

scamper
12-07-2006, 06:25 PM
If Al Gore wants to do something about global warming (using his figures) he should quit flying around the world in jets and ride a bike. That would probably help that gut he's dragging around too.

FORD
12-07-2006, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by scamper
If Al Gore wants to do something about global warming (using his figures) he should quit flying around the world in jets and ride a bike. That would probably help that gut he's dragging around too.

How the fuck is he supposed to get around the world on a BIKE?? :confused:

Seshmeister
12-07-2006, 08:39 PM
The PMRC were pretty tame compared to what came after them. All they wanted was "parental advisory" stickers on records, which (as it turned out) probably HELPED record sales more often than it hurt them. Let's face it, in terms of actual rapping skills, 2 Live Crew was some of the lamest shit ever recorded, and WASP pretty much sucked ass as well. But slap those damn stickers on there and suddenly you got a hit record.

Compare that to what the FCC has done to TV and radio under the BCE, when they're now censoring songs like Pink Floyd's "Money" or the Rolling Stones "Start Me Up" which have been on the fucking radio for decades.

Michael Powell did a lot more to harm this country than Tipper Gore ever thought of. Tipper's goal was to put the choice in the hands of the parents, which is where it should be. Powell, like the rest of the BCE just outright suppressed whatever he didn't like.

I'll need to check my history but did that not lead to some mainstream Wal Mart type places not stocking the albums at all?

Do you not think that she would have just banned them if she could have.

And what terrible stuff are we talking about here?

The word 'fuck'?

Whilst her and her friends lay there furiously masturbating with their big hair and shoulderpads to the latest Jackie Collins?

I could be wrong but that was always my perception.

I'm always very fucking suspicious of people that want to censor...

EAT MY ASSHOLE
12-07-2006, 08:40 PM

Hey, he can come up with SOMETHING! After all, he invented the internet!!!

Redballjets88
12-07-2006, 10:26 PM
yeah i will keep it in mind for 2008 i did vote in the last election i texas and i refused to vote for Perry he is a corrupt peice of shit, i voted for Kinky Freidman

scamper
12-08-2006, 03:31 PM

My point is that jets emit more greenhouse gases than anything else and the sky is full of them. So if you want to make a difference, quit flying. Otherwise keep it shut

fe_lung
12-08-2006, 07:46 PM
My point is that jets emit more greenhouse gases than anything else and the sky is full of them. So if you want to make a difference, quit flying. Otherwise keep it shut

Al's not suggesting that we give up travel. He's suggesting we make some changes to our daily life certianly - like adjust your thermostat 2 degrees, plant a tree, line dry clothes when possible, run the dishwasher when it's full.

As far as fuel burning vehicles, I can't see how it's such a bad thing to challenge the transportation industry to increase fuel effieciencies.

fe_lung
12-08-2006, 07:48 PM

I do thank him for inventing the internet so we can discuss him though...

It was rather nice of then senator Gore to champion the further development of government communication system called Arpinet which grew into what we now know as the internet. That's something he should be pretty proud of.

Little Texan
12-08-2006, 09:55 PM

No shit! Lately it looks like that mofo hasn't missed a meal since the 2000 election! Al Gordo! :D

Little Texan
12-08-2006, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Redballjets88
yeah i will keep it in mind for 2008 i did vote in the last election i texas and i refused to vote for Perry he is a corrupt peice of shit, i voted for Kinky Freidman

So did I, for the same reason! Too bad Prick Perry won and Kinky came in near last! :mad:

POJO_Risin
12-08-2006, 11:35 PM
It doesn't matter what you think about Gore...

to not believe in Global Warmer is the equivalent is to not believing that that bear's shit in the woods...

wait...

holy shit...

there's a bear shitting in my kitchen...

ah well...what the fuck...

DrMaddVibe
12-09-2006, 08:09 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xPDWDl6_KbY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xPDWDl6_KbY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Terry
12-10-2006, 01:13 PM
If what Gore has been doing with his global warming presentations and the film can get people to do nothing more than just start to take a look at what's going on around them, it will have a far greater impact than his entire political career.

Sure, he should have trounced Bush in 2000. Easily. Agreed that where the hell was the Gore we see now during that campaign? But watching the documentary and thinking about the W Presidency, I can't help but wonder what was lost in the Jeberglades that election year.

However, I'm hoping he doesn't run in 2008. What he's doing now is something that deserves to be continued, not interrupted for a term or two of helicopter rides on the South Lawn of the White House and running around trying to pick up and piece back together the mess W has left us with.

Nickdfresh
12-10-2006, 02:54 PM
Just look at all of the right wing pu$$ies in this thread that can't take the fact that Al Gore may have a point...

DrMaddVibe
12-10-2006, 04:50 PM
Algore has NEVER had a point!

He's a dullard that buffoons like you cling to!

Nevermind the fact that his cunt wife operated the PMRC like a gang of brown shirts, never mind the fact he stood by Clinton while he was shoving cigars in intern's twats, and nevermind the fact that he's a fucking cry baby!

If ANYONE is a pussy...its Algore.

Terry
12-10-2006, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
Algore has NEVER had a point!

He's a dullard that buffoons like you cling to!

Nevermind the fact that his cunt wife operated the PMRC like a gang of brown shirts, never mind the fact he stood by Clinton while he was shoving cigars in intern's twats, and nevermind the fact that he's a fucking cry baby!

If ANYONE is a pussy...its Algore.

All true, but check out An Inconvenient Truth anyway.

It's worth the watch. Don't let the dullness of the messenger lessen the strength of the message.

DrMaddVibe
12-11-2006, 07:13 AM
I have seen it Terry. I'm not saying that its not happening; however, I'm also in the belief that its part of a natural occuring cycle with man's foot on the gas pedal.

scamper
12-11-2006, 08:27 AM
I have seen it Terry. I'm not saying that its not happening; however, I'm also in the belief that its part of a natural occuring cycle with man's foot on the gas pedal.

Exactly, we can make an effort to reduce our impact, but it's going to happen anyway.

Seshmeister
12-11-2006, 08:57 AM
Well if anyone can make a difference it's the US because you are such dirty bastards at the moment.

DrMaddVibe
12-11-2006, 09:21 AM
Ever see China and India?

We're FAAAAAR from being the worst offender!

FORD
12-11-2006, 10:55 AM
Of course China & India wouldn't be polluting nearly as bad if the BCE hadn't allowed so many formerly American corporations to outsource their manufacturing base to those countries.

And the fact that said greedy bastard corporations didn't want to comply with the environmental laws in this country is half the reason in the first place.

EAT MY ASSHOLE
12-11-2006, 11:08 AM
Al Gore is NOT running. He would be doing much more to keep himself in the public eye right now. How much are we hearing - already - about Mccain, Clinton, Obama, Giuliani? NOW is the time to build the war chest, to secure the research groups, etc.

Not gonna happen. There's more a chance of Bloomberg running.

Seshmeister
12-11-2006, 11:25 AM
Ever see China and India?

We're FAAAAAR from being the worst offender!

TOTAL BULLSHIT!!!

USA IS #1 and will be for a good few years to come even though China and India have 4 or 5 times as many people.

http://www.mongabay.com/images/2006/graphs/co2_country_1990-2025.jpg

http://www.earth-policy.org/Updates/2006/Update53_CO2byCountry.GIF

How can you not know that?

FORD
12-11-2006, 12:10 PM
Well...... at least we're still #1 at something :(

DrMaddVibe
12-11-2006, 01:01 PM
The chart is showing China as being the main culpurit in one and then refuting it by putting the US.

Its also based on guessing the future.

I'd like to see more on this.

Terry
12-11-2006, 07:42 PM
Probably is too late to do anything about the environment...

It'd require too much sacrifice.

With any luck, I'll live long enough to see how Mankind ends.

Bloomberg running for President? Hahahahahahahaha!

He may well try, but there's just no chance in hell he's gonna get elected. His act won't play outside of NYC.

Speculating about who could actually win in 2008 has caused many to take a leave of their senses. America isn't ready to elect a woman, a black man or a jew to the presidency. I'd vote for Hillary, Obama or Bloomberg if they said what I wanted to hear, but it'd be a waste because there are still too many people who will exclude them on the basis of gender, color and religion. Voting for any of those three is a waste of a vote.

Redballjets88
12-11-2006, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Little Texan
So did I, for the same reason! Too bad Prick Perry won and Kinky came in near last! :mad:

badass though man, i hate perry he is a peice of crap

Seshmeister
12-11-2006, 11:41 PM
The chart is showing China as being the main culpurit in one and then refuting it by putting the US.

Its also based on guessing the future.

I'd like to see more on this.

Go look it up it's not that complicated.

The two diagrams from different sources show the same thing.

The US has been shit beyond belief for ages. 300 million people causing nearly half the worlds pollution.

At some point in the next 5 or 10 years China will overtake the US but not by population.

The reason that everyone is so shit scared about China is that if it got even half as bad as the US per capita which it will especially since it owns your country these days because of Bush borrowing zillions off it, then carbon emissions will go through the roof.

scamper
12-12-2006, 08:21 AM
Go look it up it's not that complicated.

The two diagrams from different sources show the same thing.

The US has been shit beyond belief for ages. 300 million people causing nearly half the worlds pollution.

At some point in the next 5 or 10 years China will overtake the US but not by population.

The reason that everyone is so shit scared about China is that if it got even half as bad as the US per capita which it will especially since it owns your country these days because of Bush borrowing zillions off it, then carbon emissions will go through the roof.

The US has some of the thoughest EPA laws in the world, don't blame us because we actually produce products. I can't remember the last time I bought anything that was made in Scotland.

EAT MY ASSHOLE
12-12-2006, 10:19 AM
I can't remember the last time I bought anything that was made in Scotland.

Yeah, then what's with all the videos of you danicng around topless in kilts that are available on YouTube, scampy m'boy?

FORD
12-12-2006, 12:35 PM
I can't remember the last time I bought anything that was made in Scotland.

Oh really??

Then what was THIS doing in your DVD collection??

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vqhpj3lHRbY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vqhpj3lHRbY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Seshmeister
12-12-2006, 03:34 PM
The US has some of the thoughest EPA laws in the world, don't blame us because we actually produce products. I can't remember the last time I bought anything that was made in Scotland.

I can't remember the last time I bought something that wasn't made in China never mind something that was made in the US.

DrMaddVibe
12-12-2006, 03:46 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/12/12/061212174209.cxy7cd32.html

Winter blues for Beijing as pollution worsens
Dec 12 12:42 PM US/Eastern

Beijing residents have been warned to stay indoors as the city's pollution index hit its highest level amid the worst conditions since coal-fired power plants kicked into gear for winter.

Every monitoring station in Beijing's urban districts recorded levels of particulates seven times higher than the safety standard, the Beijing environmental protection bureau said.

Sulfur dioxide and carbon monoxide levels, emitted by coal furnaces and cars, were also several times over standards, it said.

"The city environmental protection bureau is alerting citizens to reduce outside activities under such conditions. Frail people or those sensitive to pollution should take measures to protect themselves," it said.

The pollution levels were the worst in the capital since the winter heating season began in early November, when the city fired up its nearly 6,000 coal-fired furnaces, it said.

A heavy layer of fog covering much of northern China was resulting in the pollutants accumulating in the capital, which is also home to 2.8 million cars, one of the city's other main sources of air pollution.

In the run up to the 2008 Olympic Games, Beijing has vowed to clean up its air and this year set a goal of 238 "blue sky days," or days with only light pollution.

As of Tuesday, the city needed eight more to reach the annual goal, the bureau said. But official "blue sky days" are often hazy affairs with heavy pollution.

scamper
12-13-2006, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
Yeah, then what's with all the videos of you danicng around topless in kilts that are available on YouTube, scampy m'boy?

You can't hide killer ab's and great legs.

scamper
12-13-2006, 07:46 AM
Oh really??

Then what was THIS doing in your DVD collection??

It was a Christmas present, really.

Nickdfresh
12-15-2006, 08:40 PM
Monday, Nov. 27, 2006
10 Questions for Al Gore
By CAROLINA A. MIRANDA

Al Gore's reinvention keeps rolling. His interactive cable network for young people, Current TV, is available in 30 million homes in the U.S. An Inconvenient Truth, Gore's global-warming slide show turned hit film, is the third highest grossing documentary of all time and debuted on DVD last week. Gore, 58, talked with TIME's Carolina A. Miranda about his Hollywood role models, the steps he has taken to be carbon neutral and whether he'll run for President in 2008.

Given your star turns at Cannes and Sundance and the success of your documentary, should Brad Pitt worry?

Nah! I'm trying to follow in the tradition of Rin Tin Tin. I would like to have my paw print in front of [Grauman's] Chinese Theater. But I'll have to hold a lot more slide shows before that's possible.

Can audiences expect more show-business credits in the future?

My previous work, as you may know, was as a disembodied head in Futurama. I played opposite Richard Nixon. They're making a movie version where I will reprise my role. There are a number of people clustered in a certain age group who are quite taken with the fact that I once uttered the immortal line "I have ridden the mighty moon worm!"

How did a lecture on climate change become such a hit?

I've had a powerful ally in reality. Global warming is now clearly the overriding challenge of our time. Nations around the world are waking up to it and putting in place new policies. Of course, much more is needed, but the good news is that much more change is on the way.

There are many people who still doubt the science. Senator James Inhofe, head of the Senate's environmental committee, has condemned global-warming science as "hoax."

There's some good news here. Senator Inhofe will soon be replaced by Senator Barbara Boxer, an advocate of solving the crisis, as chairwoman of that committee. As to why there are still skeptics--there are people who believe that the moon landing was staged in a movie lot in Arizona. Another reason is that some of the largest polluters are still putting millions of dollars a year to hire pseudo scientists to confuse people into thinking that this crisis isn't real.

In proposing a solution to this problem, you are asking people to change their lifestyles. How feasible is that?

The grass-roots response has been impressive. There are 330 U.S. cities that have independently embraced the Kyoto treaty. And millions of Americans are deciding to become carbon neutral.

Your critics on the right say that with all your jet-setting, you don't live as carbon neutral as you preach.

That's just not true. Two years ago we became a carbon-neutral family. I purchase Green Power [electricity from renewable sources], have installed new lightbulbs and clock thermostats, and I'm installing solar panels. We switched to a hybrid car. I am not recommending actions that I haven't already taken myself.

Soon there will be a new Democratic Congress in town. Do you think it will seriously tackle this issue?

Yes, I do. It remains to be seen, of course--in deeds, not only words. It will be difficult. But I think that the odds of meaningful change in U.S. policy have improved quite dramatically since the election.

Should ratifying the Kyoto Protocol be a priority?

We should ratify it, but this will be very difficult so long as Bush and Cheney remain in the White House and there is a narrow majority in the Senate.

Speaking of that narrow majority, there is talk that your former running mate, Joe Lieberman, will defect to the Republican Party. Do you think that's likely?

I'd be surprised, but I really don't know. Joe has always been a leader on the issue of global warming. It's one of several issues where he would find himself in uncomfortable company if he changed parties.

You have stated repeatedly that you are not currently planning to run for President in 2008. Do you have a more creative denial?

I don't have any plans to run. Nor do I have any creative denials. I'm using the same ones. They'll soon be out on DVD.

Copyright © 2006 Time Inc. (http://205.188.238.109/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1562957,00.html) All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.