X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vinnie Velvet
    Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

How Mike was Fired by Eddie

EDDIE: "Shut up! 30 years ago we'd have you upside-down with a fucking guitar up your ass!"
    You can talk, you can talk, you can talk! You're brave now motherfucker!!"

"Throw his ass out, he's a bass player!! He's a bass player, a bass player!!! Look!! There's a bass player!!!"

ALEX: "Oh my god."

EDDIE: "oooh. oooh.. Alright. You see? This shocks you? Huh? Now you see what was buried underneath you stupid motherfuckers!!"

MIKE: "That was uncalled for."

EDDIE: "What was uncalled for?? It was uncalled for, for you to play with Sammy, YOU CHEAP MOTHERFUCKER!!! You guys have been talking and talking. I don't know, I don't know, I don't know."

EDDIE: "Wait a minute, where you going??"

MIKE: "That was uncalled for, you fucking methhead motherfucker!!!"

EDDIE: "Methhead?? You calling me Methhead, Bass Playa??!!"

MIKE: "Fucking drunk."

EDDIE: "Are you threatening me??"

MIKE: "We'll see what's up."

EDDIE: "Oh, that's a big threat. That's how you get back at the man."

MIKE: "That was real uncalled for!"

EDDIE: "Wait a minute, you're not going are you??!!"

MIKE: "Its not funny, that's why you're a reject, never had a hit album in years, Classic Van Halen, that was it!"

EDDIE: "Oh, I guess you;re right. I'm just a wash up. Gotta sit here in the studio.

-____________________

=V V=
    ole No.1 The finest
    EAT US AND SMILE
  • DavidLeeNatra
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

ROTFLMFAO!!! classic...the "frasier-ed"-rant...
    Roth Army Icon
    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1jiiA84_FJo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1jiiA84_FJo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
      http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
      http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• SNIPER
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jun 2004

Mike took this on himself. Talking too much shit about Ed and Dave. Why wouldnt Mike go out and jam with Dave ever? Remember Ed stole Mike from Snake because he thought he was a kick ass solid player and never saw anyone do the shit he did. If Mike would have stayed in contact with everyone and been cool he would have been a part of it. But he chose to hang with The Red Cocker insted. So fuck Mike!!! Bring out Wolfie, as long as ED and DAVE are there I dont fucking care anymore. Just bring it on!

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

Dave wouldn't allow bassplayer to get on stage with him. It's the 4 or nothing attitude that Dave has always supported. IMO, it stems from when the band out and out used him for 2 songs and a publicity stunt at the VMA.

bassplayer isn't stellar at playing either. Thumping an open E-string isn't that hard to do.

Once bassplayer agreed to take a lower percentage on the royalties...he was doomed to be tossed on his sorry ass. Let bassplayer sell his hot sauce with Spammy McGaygar!
          http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
          http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• SNIPER
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jun 2004

We all know he was not a stellar bass player but listen to his runs during Ed's CVH solo's. Those were kick ass and you can always remember them when you are jamming out to The Six Pack. As far as the other stuff you said I didnt think about that but you have a point.
            So fuck Mike anyway.

Comment

• Hardrock69
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2005

I think it would be funny if Dave told Meth-hed "Bring back bassplayer or count me out!"

Comment

• bueno bob
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jul 2004

Vinnie V...

Gotta give it to him...

Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• lafours
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Apr 2004

I disagree..I though Mike ANthony supplied great backups and KICKASS solid bass lines to the early Vh material....

Bass Player and Shemp were the glue under Ed's guitar...a busy bassist would have just mucked it all up..plus shemp played super busy back then as well..

Comment

• Matt White
                    • Jun 2004

DAVE
                    MIKE
                    EVH
                    SHEMP

that's all there is........................

Comment

• Roth & Roll
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Feb 2004

Let me get this straight...

During the "Sam & Dave" tour,
                      Dave refused to share the stage with Michael Anthony because he didn't want a half assed reunion; he wanted either ALL the members of Van HALEN onstage with him; or none at all....and I applauded him for that.

If Dave agrees to work with EVH, AVH and WVH under the banner of Van HALEN without Michael Anthony;, then he's a hypocrite and the whole thing is bullshit.

They should just re-name it "Meth, Neckbrace, Paramedic, and The Fat Kid" Tour 2007.
                      http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...oker-small.jpg

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                        Commando
                        • Mar 2006

We all know he was not a stellar bass player but listen to his runs during Ed's CVH solo's. Those were kick ass and you can always remember them when you are jamming out to The Six Pack. As far as the other stuff you said I didnt think about that but you have a point.
                        In the CVH days, on a number of songs, Eddie showed Mike what he wanted him to play on bass while Eddie played the solos. Mike was important for the vocal sound but other than that his bass playing was very average. Mike knew he had a good thing going and this is probably why he always did what he was told and didn't make any waves.
                        And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• billy_lyle2002
                          Roth Army Recruit
                          • Jan 2006

fuck mike anthony!!!!..wolfie will do just fine as the bass player...mike loves 2 work 4 hagar so fuck mike and hagar iam happy they r both fired.....BILLY

Comment

• Terry
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

Think it was just that mentality of being hunkered in the bunker that the Van Halens have developed since 1996, where they went with Cherone despite what everyone else desired, and Sam and Dave were now both enemies. Mike went along with all of it, even when Ed layed down the bass parts himself...

...but once VH3 tanked, Cherone quit and Ed went into a half-decade hibernation, Mike decided he wasn't gonna sit on his ass, too, so he hung around the Sam and Dave tour in 2002. Can't blame the little fucker; least it gave him a chance to DO something, because otherwise what was he gonna do> Sit at home and twiddle his fingers while waiting by the phone until Ed remembered his number?

Once the Van Halens saw Anthony hanging around that 2002 tour, he was probably viewed as an enemy as well. Doubt it ever turned into a confrontational scene, as Ed and his brother are a couple of cowards. They just probably stopped bothering with him and figured he'd get the message. Only reason he even played with them in 2002 is because Hagar insisted on it.
                            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• katie
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                              I think it would be funny if Dave told Meth-hed "Bring back bassplayer or count me out!"
                              The you really are a twat!

Eddie holds all the cards at this point in time

Comment

Working...