X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JuniorsGrades
    Roadie
    • Feb 2004

Don't Do It Dave!

Unless Mike is in the band don't do it! I hope this is your reason for not saying yes yet. You're always talking about "Classic Van Halen". Last time I check Ed's kid was not a part of that. I will lose all respect for you if you do it without Mike. I'd rather see you solo again than to do this with VH without Mike.
    Before I always said I always liked Van Halen with David Lee Roth. Now I have to say I like Van Halen with David Lee Roth & Michael Anthony. It's just too much!
  • Vinnie Velvet
    Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

I think its too late, son.
    =V V=
    ole No.1 The finest
    EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• JuniorsGrades
      Roadie
      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
      I think its too late, son.
      It ain't to late. According to the latest the ball is in his court. Hasn't said yes yet.....
      Before I always said I always liked Van Halen with David Lee Roth. Now I have to say I like Van Halen with David Lee Roth & Michael Anthony. It's just too much!

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
        Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by JuniorsGrades
        It ain't to late. According to the latest the ball is in his court. Hasn't said yes yet.....
        That interview most likely did not take place LAST week.

Maybe a month or two ago.

At which time Dave was still on tour.

His last show was Nov. 7th.

It sure as hell possible that Dave has said yes since then.
        =V V=
        ole No.1 The finest
        EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• bueno bob
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jul 2004

Well, if that's the case, they can count my ass out...

Pojo and I are gonna have poker night pretty soon...
          Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• JJMcClure
            Groupie
            • Apr 2005

I've never made my feelings public about this but I'm swaying towards Juniors Grades on this one. I always thought it was just Dave and Ed who made CVH tick. But it wasn't. MA and AVH are a severely significant cog in the whole machine. I'm picturing in my head the 2007 tour with a 15 year old kid on bass - it's just not gonna work. Dave's best work has always been when he's had rapport with his band - think EVH, Vai & Becker. Even on his radio show he said that it was the band's history and growing up together musically that made them tick - MA is a big big part of that history.

Comment

• bueno bob
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by JJMcClure
              I've never made my feelings public about this but I'm swaying towards Juniors Grades on this one. I always thought it was just Dave and Ed who made CVH tick. But it wasn't. MA and AVH are a severely significant cog in the whole machine. I'm picturing in my head the 2007 tour with a 15 year old kid on bass - it's just not gonna work. Dave's best work has always been when he's had rapport with his band - think EVH, Vai & Becker. Even on his radio show he said that it was the band's history and growing up together musically that made them tick - MA is a big big part of that history.
              I couldn't agree more.

Now, if Van Halen 1978-1985 was Dave, Ed, Al and more than one bassist, I wouldn't have a problem with the latest goings-on.

However, like it or not, and regardless of whether he wrote any or not, Michael Anthony was the one in the studio recording the music. He was the one on stage night after night playing it. He had interaction with the crowd, with the fans, with the rest of the band. He was considered PART of the band, not just "hired help". He was in all of the full band photo shoots.

Michael Anthony is 25% of what made Van Halen Van Halen. The other 75% being Alex, David and Edward.

I mean, fuck, they didn't call it the "David Lee Roth/Eddie Van Halen Band"...
              Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• JJMcClure
                Groupie
                • Apr 2005

Originally posted by bueno bob
                I couldn't agree more.

Michael Anthony is 25% of what made Van Halen Van Halen. The other 75% being Alex, David and Edward.

I mean, fuck, they didn't call it the "David Lee Roth/Eddie Van Halen Band"...

Amen. That's what I wanted to say but couldn't put it so eloquently.

Comment

• DlocRoth
                  ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by JJMcClure
                  Amen. That's what I wanted to say but couldn't put it so eloquently.
                  Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• JuniorsGrades
                    Roadie
                    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
                    That interview most likely did not take place LAST week.

Maybe a month or two ago.

At which time Dave was still on tour.

His last show was Nov. 7th.

It sure as hell possible that Dave has said yes since then.
                    Maybe all the quotes about the new bass player are that old also and Dave has been trying to convince Ed to let Mike back in. Maybe that's the holdup. I really can't believe that Al is ok with this either. He needs to stand up to him.

Comment

• JuniorsGrades
                      Roadie
                      • Feb 2004

Here's a quote from Eddie which I find laughable...

"To have my son follow in my footsteps on his own, without me pushing him into it, is the greatest feeling in the world."

You mean to tell me he asked Dad if he could join VH and boot out Mike???? Yea, Eddie didn't push him into it..........RIGHT!!!!

Comment

• Pasadena Bunnie
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Jul 2006

Originally posted by JuniorsGrades
                        Here's a quote from Eddie which I find laughable...

"To have my son follow in my footsteps on his own, without me pushing him into it, is the greatest feeling in the world."

You mean to tell me he asked Dad if he could join VH and boot out Mike???? Yea, Eddie didn't push him into it..........RIGHT!!!!
                        5 stars!

Comment

• binnie
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • May 2006

Who's gonna sing the back-up vocals if Mike's not there?

It could end upsounding plain awfull....
                          The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Jan 2004

Let's see fatgang try this after a fifth of JD:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RPafbJqAb58"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RPafbJqAb58" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Comment

• VHrocks
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2004

I have to agree with you. Eddie's decision to replace Mike with his 15-year-old son is a ridiculous, selfish, foolish, and immature attempt to punish Mike for not submitting to Eddie's drunken mind games. Eddie is not thinking about his fans at all on this decision. His brain is saturated with so much Smoking Loon wine that he is unable to make any mature, coherent, professional decisions. Alex should be pistol-whipped for going along with this charade.

Mike's vocals and his bass playing are a signature sound of Classic Van Halen. Without them, and with Eddie in such an inebbriated state of mind, this tour will be a joke if it goes forward according to Eddie's plans.

Last edited by VHrocks; 12-15-2006, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Working...