PDA

View Full Version : at least somebody agrees with me , the 3 gratest vh albums

flappo
12-14-2006, 03:48 PM
www.allmusic.com

Although Van Halen were enjoying an enormous amount of commercial success by 1981, not all was happy in the VH camp. While the public believed that the euphoric, party-hearty antics of their live show spilled into their personal lives, this proved not to be case. Eddie Van Halen was feeling frustrated due to the group's unwillingness to branch out musically as much as he desired, resulting in the group's darkest album, Fair Warning. Unlike Van Halen's other David Lee Roth-era albums, not a single party anthem was included -- in its place was an unmistakable feeling of strife and friction, both lyrically and musically. The album opener, "Mean Street," contains a furious guitar intro by Eddie before leading into one of VH's funkiest grooves. While the mood is eased from time to time throughout ("Dirty Movies," "Hear About It Later," "Push Comes to Shove"), the album is simply an unapologetic ass-kicker -- "Sinner's Swing!," "Unchained," "So This Is Love?," and "One Foot Out the Door" capture the band at its red-hot fiercest. Along with their self-titled debut and 1984, Fair Warning is an undisputed Van Halen masterpiece.

vh , fw , 1984 = the gratest

Mr Badguy
12-14-2006, 04:47 PM
I think this belongs in Main, Flappo.

Clint Eatswood
12-14-2006, 05:13 PM
Fair Waring is the best.

Now fuck your mother.

flappo
12-15-2006, 01:00 PM
fair waring ?

i've never heard that one

is it by gary cherone ??

Clint Eatswood
12-15-2006, 01:21 PM
You need to ask yourself one question...

4moreyears
12-16-2006, 12:20 AM
Hard to argue...this is the best!!!