PDA

View Full Version : More Heaven and Hell News

bueno bob
12-15-2006, 11:01 AM
Could be bad news for the U.S., if this thing implodes...maybe I'm due for a trip to Canada...

Jon Wiederhorn of MTV.com recently conducted an interview with Ronnie James Dio about the upcoming BLACK SABBATH best-of album, "Black Sabbath: The Dio Years", and the world tour alongside guitarist Tony Iommi, bassist Geezer Butler and drummer Vinny Appice under the band name HEAVEN AND HELL.

"It's going to be a lot of fun to get back in front of fans and perform these songs again," Dio said. "I think this is something a lot of people have been waiting a long time for."

According to Dio, the HEAVEN AND HELL tour will kick off in Vancouver, British Columbia, on March 3 and play at least seven shows across Canada, ending in Toronto. Then the band will likely play South America, Japan, Korea, Australia and Europe before returning to North America for a U.S. tour in August or September.

Though Dio is thrilled to be able to revisit his past with SABBATH, he hasn't lain awake at night longing for a reunion. And while Iommi and Butler have wondered over the years what it would be like to play again with Dio, it was Warner Music subsidiary Rhino Records that first brought up the idea by making plans to release "The Dio Years". The label contacted Iommi's manager and said it would like to include some previously unreleased songs. Since there was nothing worthwhile in the vault that hadn't been used, Iommi contacted Dio and suggested they consider getting together to write some new material.

"About four months ago, I went over to England to Tony's house, where he has a studio," Dio said. "We started to work together, and it was really so enjoyable. After long spaces of time not working with people, you forget how good they are or how much you liked being around them."

The band isn't yet ready to announce the titles of the three new songs, but that doesn't mean Dio isn't eager to talk about them. One, he says, will be slow and doomy, the second will be midtempo and the third will be a scorcher.

"They're the perfect blend, [given] the limitations of only doing three tracks," he said. "I feel like we covered all the bases, and it's all guitar, bass, drums and voice. There are no keyboards, and it sounds excellent. And the lyrics are pretty weird. Whenever I get back with SABBATH, I seem to have this leash taken off me and I can write as weird as I want to."

Read more at MTV.com.

DrMaddVibe
12-15-2006, 11:06 AM
Yeah!!!!

FORD
12-15-2006, 12:24 PM
OK, now there they fucking go again........ now it's Vinnie on drums and not Bill Ward???

Can they make up their minds?

For the record, Vinnie would be a better fit, since he played on 2 of the 3 studio albums, did most of the touring, and the Live Evil album

lesfunk
12-15-2006, 01:09 PM
I'm so there!

PHOENIX
12-15-2006, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob

According to Dio, the HEAVEN AND HELL tour will kick off in Vancouver, British Columbia, on March 3 and play at least seven shows across Canada, ending in Toronto. Then the band will likely play South America, Japan, Korea, Australia and Europe before returning to North America for a U.S. tour in August or September.

What the fuck!

Ending in Toronto is not across Canada. Thats only half way through the country. Come to Montreal you fuckers!

ppg960
12-15-2006, 04:06 PM
Sounds like a stop in Winnipeg is coming!
Bob, if you are so inclined, I personally would like to welcome you to "The Great White North Eh"!!!!

bastardog
12-15-2006, 05:03 PM
I hope to see them here no matter if they confuse and list Puerto Rico as part as South America...

Otherwise I will have to travel to any of those southamerican countries to see them..... and all of those poor girls that wants to do anything to scape to a US territory...:)

jharp84
12-15-2006, 05:34 PM
At least they are doing something and able to talk about(vh reunion-STRICTLY FUCKING CONFIDENTIAL AS USUAL, LIFE OR DEATH IF ANYTHING GETS OUT!!!(I.E they are all fucking paranoid assholes!)I look forward to this boxset and tour!!!

Mr. Vengeance
12-15-2006, 06:44 PM
If they hit Ottawa I BE 'DERE BRUDDAHS!!!!

bueno bob
12-16-2006, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by FORD
OK, now there they fucking go again........ now it's Vinnie on drums and not Bill Ward???

Can they make up their minds?

For the record, Vinnie would be a better fit, since he played on 2 of the 3 studio albums, did most of the touring, and the Live Evil album

I guess you missed it...they said it was Vinny about three weeks ago, and Vinny confirmed it about two weeks back...that's been official for a while now...

Panamark
12-16-2006, 07:13 AM
Maybe DIO's son will be on Bass !!!!

bueno bob
12-16-2006, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Panamark
Maybe DIO's son will be on Bass !!!!

Well, at least he's past puberty...

Actually, isn't Ronnie's son a meteorologist in Chicago for some news channel? I thought I read that somewhere...

:D

binnie
12-18-2006, 05:54 AM
Can't fucking wait.

Small venues too probably, which I think would suit those evil songs even better!

bueno bob
12-18-2006, 10:42 AM
Oh yeah...this'll be smaller club venues, for sure...

Which is really good - seeing Sabbath during the Tony Martin era and being able to be right fucking there at front of the stage was just amazing...

It'll be much the same, only better because that stump of Tony Martin and "Rhythm Section of the Day" will be replaced by Dio, Butler and Appice.

PERFECT!!!

binnie
12-18-2006, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob

It'll be much the same, only better because that stump of Tony Martin and "Rhythm Section of the Day"

Agree that Tony Martin was indeed a stump, but didn't Cozy Powell play drums for Sabbs during that era? That's hardly rhythm section of the day - he could have played circles around Appice or Bill Ward for that matter....

Is my memory playing tricks on me?

bueno bob
12-22-2006, 05:10 AM
Originally posted by binnie
Agree that Tony Martin was indeed a stump, but didn't Cozy Powell play drums for Sabbs during that era? That's hardly rhythm section of the day - he could have played circles around Appice or Bill Ward for that matter....

Is my memory playing tricks on me?

Partially; Tony Martin's tenure with the band featured Eric Singer, a returning Bev Bevan, Terry Chimes, Cozy Powell (twice), Bobby Rondinelli (twice), and Bill Ward behind the kit between the years of 1987 and 1996...not including when Ronnie was fronting in '91-'92 obviously (during which Cozy recorded the earliest demos for Dehumanizer before breaking his hip in a horse riding accident and having to be replaced by Vinny Appice...which was apparently all for the best, as Cozy and Ronnie apparently weren't getting along with each other very well, or so I'm told)...

bueno bob
12-22-2006, 05:11 AM
More shit...

BLACK SABBATH bassist Geezer Butler recently spoke to John Benson of Billboard.com about the reunion of SABBATH bandmates Butler, guitarist Tony Iommi, singer Ronnie James Dio and drummer Vinny Appice.

"We just thought it was a bit of a shame that we can't play those songs again," Butler told Billboard.com. "And then earlier this year Tony went to see Dio. They wrote a couple of songs together and it just went from there."

Not only will an upcoming Dio-era SABBATH anthology feature three new songs ("Shadow of the Wind", "Devil Cries" and "Ear in the Wall"), but, as previously reported, a world tour is planned for 2007 as HEAVEN AND HELL, the title of SABBATH's first post-Ozzy album from 1979.

"The [Dio-era had] really good songs [that were] a lot different to the old original SABBATH stuff," Butler said. "They really are fun to play because a lot of them have a lot of space, where you can improvise a lot instead of sticking to the rigid formula."

Read more at Billboard.com.

bueno bob
12-22-2006, 05:13 AM
SHADOW OF THE WIND...

DEVIL CRIES...

EAR IN THE WALL...

HOLY FUCKING CRAP, IT'S TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE!!!

:D

binnie
12-22-2006, 06:12 AM
2007 is looking fantastic already!

Mr. Vengeance
01-07-2007, 04:28 PM
Word is that Motorhead will be one of the opening acts.

binnie
01-08-2007, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
Word is that Motorhead will be one of the opening acts.

Can't see that happening in the UK, as Motorhead can play big clubs here as headliner...

Binky
01-13-2007, 06:59 PM
I've heard Heaven and Hell will headline 2007 Monsters of Rock in the UK (Milton Keynes again?). And apparently Bill Ward left for "personal reasons". Either he had a bust-up or he's having a reaction from his previous drug and alcohol abuse. *^_^* \m/

WOAHYEAH
01-14-2007, 02:25 AM
Just to add, for what it's worth...

-------------------------
January 13, 2007
Heaven & Hell Tour Dates

Please note that this story is not "official", nor is it "confirmed". I've taken a little flak recently over my definition of confirmed. Let me say that I see that word thrown around so easily on the Internet without any regard as to what it actually means. People will believe the word confirmed when posted on just any old site, and when said "confirmed news" turns out to be false, they get mad (when they shouldn't have believed it in the first place). Understand that I only consider things confirmed when they're announced by the band management. THAT is confirmation to me.

Having said that, I saw a nice post last night with some rumoured dates for the Canadian leg of the Heaven & Hell Tour 2007. Here's what was posted over at Braveworlds:

March
11 - Vancouver, BC at Pacific Coliseum
13 - Edmonton, AB at Rexall Place
14 - Calgary, AB at Saddledome
16 - Regina, SK at Brandt Centre
18 - Winnipeg, MB at MTS Centre
20 - Sault St. Marie, ON at Steelback Centre
22 - Toronto, ON at Air Canada Centre
24 - London, ON at John Labatt Centre
26 - Montreal, PQ at Bell Centre
27 - Quebec City, PQ at Colisee Pepsi Arena
28 - Ottawa, ON at Civic Centre

As previously reported, possible countries to be visited on Heaven And Hell's World Tour include South America, Japan, Korea, Australia and Europe. The band will then return to North America for a US tour in August.

Hopefully we'll get some concrete tour info, as the first date on that list is now less than eight weeks away.
----------------

I can 100% confirm that the Sault Ste. Marie date is a go, as I work at that venue.

Tiki-Tom
01-14-2007, 04:15 AM
Originally posted by binnie
Can't see that happening in the UK, as Motorhead can play big clubs here as headliner...
Well, if they play in my area of the U.S. I hope Motorhead opens. That would be one hell of a good show from open to close. Can you believe the pipes on old Ronnie, the man's still got it after all this time. Must make Ozzy and the his cunt/boss sharon jealous as hell.