PDA

View Full Version : How should Vh announce reunion?

topjimmy1984
12-16-2006, 12:03 PM
i think dave and Ed have to follow the lead of Tyler/perry, jagger/Richards. they need to make joint apperances, no wolfie, no Alex. I vote for a January Howard Stern "Mystery guest" appearance. Do the worldwide announcement, and maybe play a new cd version of a new song. Next up, Letterman, both of them announce the world tour, maybe Leno next. then the cover of Rolling Stone, with an exclusive story of how they put it together. can MTV or VH! be of any help these days.

steve
12-16-2006, 12:17 PM
Prince is playing the Super Bowl halftime show...

Van Halen should be a surprise the surprise band to close the pre-game concert...play Hot For Teacher and Jump. No big "announcement". They just need to plug in, play, and show people they can rock "under a lightbulb". That will impress folks more than any razzle dazzle.

Dave84
12-16-2006, 01:12 PM
Have a roadie throw Spermy off the empire state building and leave a note about the reunion in her capri pants

katie
12-16-2006, 08:10 PM
They have already done it you idoit!

Vis Ross Halfins website.

Do you not keep up to date with things on this forum!

topjimmy1984
12-16-2006, 10:59 PM
Katie,

Fuck you, what are you saying? where is the official announcment?

ppg960
12-16-2006, 11:13 PM
The Super Bowl closing show would be HUGE!
Or New York Times Square on New Years would be cool as well.

svrwthr
12-16-2006, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by steve
Prince is playing the Super Bowl halftime show...

Van Halen should be a surprise the surprise band to close the pre-game concert...play Hot For Teacher and Jump. No big "announcement". They just need to plug in, play, and show people they can rock "under a lightbulb". That will impress folks more than any razzle dazzle.

The pre game show is the least thing watched. Hell, I wont even know who is playing the game by halftime like every year. Prince should be the pregame show and VH be the halftime show. You want to talk about a record setting viewing of a halftime show, there you'd have it.

I dont care what genre of music you like, people would watch a full CVH halftimeno matter their taste in music. All people of all generations and music tastes knows CVH. Of course it would have to include Mike, although curiousity would kill the cat if Wolfy played too.

I mean my god, the sponsors would fork over double what they normally do if CVH was halftime show. The other halftime shows, on the other networks, that I normally watch, I wouldnt be watching. Nobody would be in their right mind to compete with CVH at halftime.

katie
12-17-2006, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by topjimmy1984
Katie,

Fuck you, what are you saying? where is the official announcment?

Baited! (LOL)

bueno bob
12-17-2006, 09:14 AM
I think they should do a press conference from my living room, personally.

Where the fuck else should it happen? I mean, come on, let's get with it, folks.

ThrillsNSpills
12-17-2006, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob

Where the fuck else should it happen? I mean, come on, let's get with it, folks.

You're right. You're absolutely correct.

It's the most fucking ridiculous question ever.

It's obvious that Michael Anthony should announce it.....on the Weather Channel.

ThrillsNSpills
12-17-2006, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by katie
They have already done it you idoit!

Katie Katie Katie.....?

idoit?

PM me your unclad photos. :)
It's Christmas. After all.

thank you

katie
12-17-2006, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
Katie Katie Katie.....?

idoit?

PM me your unclad photos. :)
It's Christmas. After all.

thank you

Wow a fan?
Throw 5 stars my way & i will sit on your face (LOL)

MERRYKISSMASS2U
12-17-2006, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by svrwthr
The pre game show is the least thing watched. Hell, I wont even know who is playing the game by halftime like every year. Prince should be the pregame show and VH be the halftime show. You want to talk about a record setting viewing of a halftime show, there you'd have it.

I dont care what genre of music you like, people would watch a full CVH halftimeno matter their taste in music. All people of all generations and music tastes knows CVH. Of course it would have to include Mike, although curiousity would kill the cat if Wolfy played too.

I mean my god, the sponsors would fork over double what they normally do if CVH was halftime show. The other halftime shows, on the other networks, that I normally watch, I wouldnt be watching. Nobody would be in their right mind to compete with CVH at halftime.

That would be magical. I'm listening to Panama right now, and I just got goosebumps thinking about a halftime show.

bueno bob
12-17-2006, 12:28 PM
Wow a fan?

Waitaminute here...I gave you five stars!

Where's MY facesit?!?!?

I feel rather shafted...

:mad:

ThrillsNSpills
12-17-2006, 01:29 PM
Wow a fan?

I'm taking a chance on this one. I mean, I've seen the Crying Game and all.

katie
12-17-2006, 05:23 PM
Waitaminute here...I gave you five stars!

Where's MY facesit?!?!?

I feel rather shafted...

:mad:

I thought we had a date lined up at the first VH reunion show.

vh rides again
12-17-2006, 06:25 PM
i think the announcement should be made at the rock and roll hall of fame award show.

Uga Buga
12-17-2006, 08:25 PM
I was hoping they would do what moley crue did, do some songs at the video game awards, but thats in the past and now it might be during the college champ game or super bowl.

Uga Buga
12-17-2006, 08:26 PM
Maybe something on New Years Day, Start the year witha bang.

bueno bob
12-18-2006, 10:24 AM
I thought we had a date lined up at the first VH reunion show.

Yahoo! :D

Originally posted by Uga Buga
Maybe something on New Years Day, Start the year witha bang.

I'm in agreement, they should probably shit or get off the pot really soon...I certainly don't want to sit around speculating for four years...

:)

binnie
12-18-2006, 10:31 AM
Rock n Roll Hall of Fame sounds like a plan to me!

FORD
12-18-2006, 12:56 PM
Release Charles Manson from prison long enough so he can carve the message "VAN HALEN IS FUCKING BACK!!" in Ross Halfin's corpse.

Or should I say the braindead whore pretending to be Ross Halfin. Not that Halfin isn't a bit of a braindead whore already, but I digress......

katie
12-18-2006, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by topjimmy1984
i think dave and Ed have to follow the lead of Tyler/perry, jagger/Richards. they need to make joint apperances, no wolfie, no Alex. I vote for a January Howard Stern "Mystery guest" appearance. Do the worldwide announcement, and maybe play a new cd version of a new song. Next up, Letterman, both of them announce the world tour, maybe Leno next. then the cover of Rolling Stone, with an exclusive story of how they put it together. can MTV or VH! be of any help these days.

Doesn't matter how it will be made public
The mods on this board will not believe their naked steaming eyes & will send any threads that dare mention reunion to the dump!

Look at the halfin threads/topics
The man has told you they are back together (he has seen them reherse!) but most of the people (esp mods) are too fucking thick to actually *get it*

You can lead a horse (mod) to water (LOL!)

katie
12-18-2006, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Release Charles Manson from prison long enough so he can carve the message "VAN HALEN IS FUCKING BACK!!" in Ross Halfin's corpse.

Or should I say the braindead whore pretending to be Ross Halfin. Not that Halfin isn't a bit of a braindead whore already, but I digress......

How old are Master Ford 11, 12 maybe? LOL

FORD
12-18-2006, 07:20 PM

You can lead a horse (mod) to water (LOL!)

You can lead sheep to a half-dozen stickied reunion threads, but they insist on cluttering up the board.

And thinking they're going to impress anyone by pretending to be a minor celebrity.

jsadl
12-19-2006, 02:34 AM
Wolfgang should announce the reunion by sky diving from a plane and the message will be written on the top of the parachute , only the parachute fails to open. Lucky for Wolfgang he lands on Sammy Hager, which is alot like landing on a big red pillow, and survives. Lucky for the rest of us Sammy is killed by the fall. Even luckier for the rest of us, the fall breaks Wolfgang's hands so badly he can never play bass again. Without his big, fat buddy, Michael Anthony crawls back to Eddie, begging to be taken back. Unfortunately Eddie Van Halen is still a complete douchebag and the reunion never happens.

bueno bob
12-19-2006, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by jsadl
Wolfgang should announce the reunion by sky diving from a plane and the message will be written on the top of the parachute , only the parachute fails to open. Lucky for Wolfgang he lands on Sammy Hager, which is alot like landing on a big red pillow, and survives. Lucky for the rest of us Sammy is killed by the fall. Even luckier for the rest of us, the fall breaks Wolfgang's hands so badly he can never play bass again. Without his big, fat buddy, Michael Anthony crawls back to Eddie, begging to be taken back. Unfortunately Eddie Van Halen is still a complete douchebag and the reunion never happens.

That was a good story. Too bad it didn't have a happy ending, but I guess we're used to that in Van Halen land...

Coyote
12-19-2006, 04:30 AM
"How should VH announce reunion?"

By painting their logo on the moon...

bueno bob
12-19-2006, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by Coyote
"How should VH announce reunion?"

By painting their logo on the moon...

That's only going to work if the barn burns down.

Coyote
12-19-2006, 05:41 AM
That's only going to work if the barn burns down.

Molotov Cocktails, anyone?

bueno bob
12-19-2006, 06:18 AM
Molotov Cocktails, anyone?

NOW we're playin' with power!!

Coyote
12-19-2006, 06:22 AM
NOW we're playin' with power!!

'Bout time too. Light 'em up... Take no prisoners!

bueno bob
12-19-2006, 06:28 AM
'Bout time too. Light 'em up... Take no prisoners!

Oh, but there will be OWNINGS A'PLENTY!!! :mad:

See for example THIS Hagar fan! :mad:

http://www.hamline.edu/~jstoller/images/vadersw.jpg

Coyote
12-19-2006, 07:22 AM
Oh, but there will be OWNINGS A'PLENTY!!! :mad:

See for example THIS Hagar fan! :mad:

http://www.hamline.edu/~jstoller/images/vadersw.jpg

Poor bastard...

Wawazat
12-19-2006, 07:24 AM
Poor bastard...

agree on the bastard part

bueno bob
12-19-2006, 07:35 AM
He had it coming.

Coyote
12-19-2006, 07:44 AM
Just like these guys, if they're not careful...

http://vladimir.poletaev.googlepages.com/SpaceBalls.JPG

bueno bob
12-19-2006, 07:53 AM
http://onlinerock.com/clubs/spayspay2015/spaceballs.jpg

And the search for Ed's sobriety continues... :D

Coyote
12-19-2006, 08:17 AM
Our crack team was captured at the 5150 security compound, during their mission to find out the truth about the reunion.

Fortunately, those numbnuts captured the other "crack team", who turned out to be Ed's meth suppliers.

http://www.geocities.com/yank2010/extras_spaceballs0.jpg

Sources say they were promptly jettisoned into space. Without matched luggage.

bueno bob
12-19-2006, 08:36 AM
Which gives me the perfect opportunity to reintroduce the world to one of the original Larg Girls...

http://www.nndb.com/people/611/000023542/zuniga4.jpg

:D

Coyote
12-19-2006, 08:39 AM
You're welcome. :D

bueno bob
12-19-2006, 08:43 AM
YOU MEAN I WON'T BE ABLE TO BUY HOT SAUCE AT THE VAN HALEN 2007 SHOWS?!?!?

EGADS!!!! :eek:

http://mywebpage.netscape.com/Big%20Dan%20Whip/spaceballs_large_18.jpg

;)

Ellyllions
12-19-2006, 08:45 AM
How should they announce the reunion?

with words and shit....

"hey yeah, um...we're like, back together an shit...and um...we're gonna like do a tour an shit....and um....we might even try to sell a few albums an shit....and um...so yeah, we're like happy an shit."

bueno bob
12-19-2006, 08:46 AM
Meanwhile, the Clear Channel corporate offices and Irving Azoff management prepare for one more Van Halen tour...

http://www.spaceballcity.de/spaceballs/images/3-81.jpg

bueno bob
12-19-2006, 08:52 AM
Just to make sure things are COMPLETELY settled, our heroes are off on a new mission:

"Project: Cabo Destruction"

http://www.billpullman.org/film/spaceballs/S11.jpg

Coyote
12-19-2006, 08:56 AM
Just to make sure things are COMPLETELY settled, our heroes are off on a new mission:

"Project: Cabo Destruction"

All because someone got tequila on her dress...

On route, our crack team spotted Sammy Hagar's cousin performing for soup in a dingy, yet somewhat classy diner.

http://www.billpullman.org/film/spaceballs/spacemag5.jpg

bueno bob
12-19-2006, 09:00 AM
All because someone got tequila on her dress...

On route, our crack team spotted Sammy Hagar's cousin performing for soup in a dingy, yet somewhat classy diner.

http://www.billpullman.org/film/spaceballs/spacemag5.jpg

They were astonished that his performance was much more engaging and entertaining....

This is a great thread...

Coyote
12-19-2006, 09:40 AM
This is Real Storytelling: Making it up as you go.

bueno bob
12-20-2006, 03:07 AM
Only downside to that movie was the inclusion of Good Enough in the diner scene...

Gahhh

Coyote
12-20-2006, 05:25 AM
Only downside to that movie was the inclusion of Good Enough in the diner scene...

Gahhh

So fuckin' what? It's not like it would actually serve a purpose in the soundtrack...

bueno bob
12-20-2006, 06:23 AM
So fuckin' what? It's not like it would actually serve a purpose in the soundtrack...

Obviously...but tell me House of Pain wouldn't have been SO much better...

lol

Coyote
12-20-2006, 07:47 AM
Obviously...but tell me House of Pain wouldn't have been SO much better...

lol

I would, if I had the audacity. :D

mug
12-20-2006, 05:00 PM
vh rides again has it hands down.